Bournemouth vs Newcastle United

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Time for a spot of soul searching? you’re the only person on here who seems to agree with Redknapp... 

I'm a man of principles surrounded by men of none. 

I hesitate to say this but I don't think it was a handball, and it certainly wasn't a slam dunk. Had he controlled the ball with that part of his body in open play, it wouldn't have been given as handball. If we'd scored that and it was disallowed, I'd be furious. We got away with it. 

• Like 1

Just now, acrossthepond said:

I hesitate to say this but I don't think it was a handball, and it certainly wasn't a slam dunk. Had he controlled the ball with that part of his body in open play, it wouldn't have been given as handball. If we'd scored that and it was disallowed, I'd be furious. We got away with it. 

true-correct.gif

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Has the Trippier situation caused issues?

I doubt it amongst the players per se. My impression of Howe is that it isn't going down well with him though. It's his biggest challenge at NUFC to date in my opinion.

I would say it’s a bit harsh on Bournemouth. It could have easily been decided it was a shoulder. But then I have no fucking idea what the handball rule is these days so the refs could have got this right.

1 minute ago, MMXXVIII said:

I doubt it amongst the players per se. My impression of Howe is that it isn't going down well with him though. It's his biggest challenge at NUFC to date in my opinion.

I think he hasn’t been able to improve his squad much this season. In fact I’d go as far to say it’s weaker than the start of the last season. 

If Ruddy is our second choice then we are in trouble if Pope gets injured again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think he hasn’t been able to improve his squad much this season. In fact I’d go as far to say it’s weaker than the start of the last season. 

If Ruddy is our second choice then we are in trouble if Pope gets injured again.

Aye I can't disagree but there's still a week left and we don't know what's at play.

2 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Aye I can't disagree but there's still a week left and we don't know what's at play.

He intimated that this was the most challenging window so far (not sure if meant his entire career or just at nufc) so I think he’ll be very frustrated if he doesn’t get the players he wants in the window.

10 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

go and stand in the corner with Gemmill 

39 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

We probably deserved zero points out first two games and we’ve got 4. Take it and run.

There's a lot resting on Tonali coming back into the middle. We looked clueless after we conceded today. A new RW is imperative and I'd be giving Barnes a start next game 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There's a lot resting on Tonali coming back into the middle. We looked clueless after we conceded today. A new CB is imperative and I'd be giving Barnes a start next game 

FYP

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Na it's handball like. I'd have accepted it the other way round. Probably by Wednesday.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Is that the designated Cool and Correct People VIP Area, like? 

No. It's the wrong accountants coach class area. 

I thought it was a goal. Then I saw the replay and the ball definitely rebounded around or below short sleeve level. Correct VAR decision. And I've seen dozens of decisions more controversial go against us before. I shrug, get on with it. Draw was a factually and morally correct result. Either team could have won it. Neither will be happy, but we will be more relieved. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Definitely hit him above the sleeve like. VAR did us a favour. 

IMG_2598.jpeg.72e11a5fb46d6d683f3ee0b14d98ca32.jpeg

From the PL manual:

IMG_2597.thumb.webp.c4d65e6a005dc1ab320d6b771ffa5c09.webp

That pic is several frames too late

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

If I have grandkids and one of them is about to run onto the road behind a parked car and there's an oncoming car about to mow them down I just hope big Joe is a passer-by to save them.

• Haha 3