Bournemouth vs Newcastle United

Just now, aimaad22 said:

Very lucky to come off with a point and 10 men there. 

Another worrying performance. Joelinton with arguably his worst performance for us 

I haven’t seen the game but big Joe with his worst performance sounds like someone was eating too much bacon tbh

On balance we deserved a point. Good opening 20 minutes then Bournemouth started playing like the home side. We were much more threatening with Barnes on for Murphy and Willock for Longstaff. I’d like to see us start like that at home. 

• Like 1

Just now, Renton said:

It wasn't for me, but aye, of course I'd have a different opinion if the boot were on the other foot. In normal build up play, I'm not arsed, but scoring a goal like this, naah. 

The VAR and handball rules on goals played out perfectly, exactly what they're designed for.

Man watching their goal Joelinton had so many opportunities to pass the ball and didn't, such a Jekyll and Hyde performance after his herculean effot last week.

We're somehow on four points after two overall shite performances. We did have some good spells here but look desperately short of cohesion.

• Like 1

Think Eddie definitely picked the wrong team there. We need Tripps forward play as with Hall. Also much rather have Gordon and Barnes on the pitch rather than Murphy or Almiron. Finally Willock or Toonali need to relegate Longstaff to the bench.

• Like 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

:lol:

I mean, no it absolutely wasn't. 

On replay it was very clear.

• Like 1

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Until we sign a new RW I think our best front three are Barnes -Isak-Gordon.

Won’t matter if we don’t get a proper CB.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Think Eddie definitely picked the wrong team there. We need Tripps forward play as with Hall. Also much rather have Gordon and Barnes on the pitch rather than Murphy or Almiron. Finally Willock or Toonali need to relegate Longstaff to the bench.

Trippier does make a big difference to our composure and ability to maintain possession, and I agree that an alternative to Longstaff needs to be implemented asap. Gordon and Barnes are our best wide players.

Kelly didn't impress, though wasn't terrible. He's more defensive minded than Hall, I think Eddie got that right (or potentially could have started Trippier at LB?).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

On replay it was very clear.

It wasn't man. It hit the sleeved part of his upper arm, which, at stretch, was probably his shoulder. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

yup. Can understand why he went safety first away from home though. We did look more open defensively after the changes 

Just now, Gemmill said:

It wasn't man. It hit the sleeved part of his upper arm, which, at stretch, was probably his shoulder. 

there’s a reason why it was overturned. It was a clear and obvious error 

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

if you chopped one of gordon's legs off he'd still be a better starter on the right than the 2 options we have.

With a player other than Longstaff (Mr. stop,think,think again then pass) inside them either Murphy or Miggy would be better too.

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Trippier does make a big difference to our composure and ability to maintain possession, and I agree that an alternative to Longstaff needs to be implemented asap. Gordon and Barnes are our best wide players.

Kelly didn't impress, though wasn't terrible. He's more defensive minded than Hall, I think Eddie got that right (or potentially could have started Trippier at LB?).

I can understand why they might want to cash in on trippier but I agree - he’s still a better technical player than Livramento 

• Like 1