Newcastle United vs Southampton

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, acrossthepond said:

Mind, it's a good thing that Southampton are utterly shit. The amount of no-namers they brought on stretched credulity by the end. I wasn't sure if Amo-Ameyaw and Dibling were real people or FM regens. Smallbone the budget Slenderman/Shelvey hybrid can do one too, the oddly-proportioned weirdo. 

:lol:

Tyler Dibling is a solid performer for my plucky division 1 battlers Blyth Spartans.

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Tackled him back to Chile (-on-trent).

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I thought Hall looked a bit casual and sloppy at times yesterday BTW. Hopefully just first day cobwebs. 

Agreed. He did have some decent play like the clearance off the line. But he did give it away too much at times. 

We were a bit rusty even before the sending off and that sending off made us alert in a way. Got the crowd going too. 

right then, really pleased with the 3 point start to the season.

looked poor from the outset and then what looked like a harsh sending off from where I was sat provoked a reaction from the players and crowd. chuffed for joelinton, tucked his goal away well and probably our man of the match overall. dig in well to defend our lead, was a fucking tense watch, reminded me a bit of our 1-0 win against arsenal last season.

anyway, got home too late to see motd last night so haven't seen again an incident from just before the end of the first half, my mate said he never spotted it happening from up in l7...

did anybody notice what appeared to be a bit of an angry reaction from gordon towards howe when hall was told to take a free kick from 10 yards outside the right corner of the penalty box?

was far from his best yesterday, not surprised he was subbed, or maybe I just imagined li?!    :lol:

I’m not sure it was an angry reaction. Tindall was trying to pass on some instructions and I’m not sure Gordon understood what he was telling him.

• Like 2

Overall shit day out at the match. Biggest mistake of the day was deciding to avoid the alcohol and drive instead :( Never again.  Sobriety does not go well with climbing on tables in Wonderbar to join in the singing with a load of drunk arseholes. :lol: 

Started at the Trent which was canny enough for watching a bit of the Liverpool match. Then decided to have a gander at the Stack on our way to the Wonderbar. Queues all the way around the block to get in so gave that a miss, although on our way back to the ground, the atmosphere sounded brilliant.

We were right by the corner flag in the Leazes so had a crystal clear image of Schars stupid antics. Knew straight away he was gone. Lovely pass by Isak for Joes well taken goal but that aside, the game was ruined as a opening day spectacle. Lots of players looked off, even before the sending off so hopefully EH will get that sorted out for next week. Credit to Hall as well for a lovely goal line clearance.

Get the fucking cheque book out!!!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ewerk said:

We can add Joe Hart to the list of people who think that his name is Joe Linton.

I quite like having him on as it’s rare to get a goalkeeper’s perspective. I’m also somewhat fascinated by the fucking weird combover island of hair thing he’s got going on at the front 

42 minutes ago, Alex said:

I quite like having him on as it’s rare to get a goalkeeper’s perspective. I’m also somewhat fascinated by the fucking weird combover island of hair thing he’s got going on at the front 

Gotta keep that Head and Shoulders money rolling in.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Sobriety does not go well with climbing on tables in Wonderbar to join in the singing with a load of drunk arseholes. :lol: 

Fucking hell. Every day really is a learning day for you isn't it? 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I thought Hall looked a bit casual and sloppy at times yesterday BTW. Hopefully just first day cobwebs. 

Think defensively he looked fine, made some good interceptions, clearances and so on.  But at times with the ball at his feet his decision making was Bramble levels.

• Like 4

If you ever find yourself with imposter syndrome in any given situation, just remind yourself that she's somehow made a career out of this.

Mind you, given what else the Guardian sees fit to publish... :lol: 

jCepfH.jpg

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

If you ever find yourself with imposter syndrome in any given situation, just remind yourself that she's somehow made a career out of this.

jCepfH.jpg

I actually read that thinking it would be some radical rethink on how we view water ownership in the UK. It was however just some bint who likes ice in her water now.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

jCepfH.jpg

Does Daddy know somebody at the paper?

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Gemmil will be back soon, he's just off to the shed to throw his cock around.

• Haha 4