Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?

Marc Guehi  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Im pretty sure he followed that remark up with financial reasoning blaming PSR and having to avoid being in the same situation.

He talked about short termism (not doing something now that you'll regret later) and player acquisitions not fucking up future ability to improve/trade.

10 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Gemmill is hanging on for dear life, clinging to the ropes. He should be running out juice soon and joining us in #sackmitchel 

Don't make me jump straight to the death threats. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

we do aye. which is why the whole thing with guehi appears so frustrating.

we look like some daft obsessive cunt on ebay who ends up paying twice as much for an 04 ford fiesta than it's worth because they refuse to be beaten in a bidding war.  :lol:

it's a weird one. i sincerely hope we have walked away and are days away from announcing a new CB and a new RW - neither of whom have been picked up by the media. that was our style when amanda was running the show 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The deal can be close AND they can still play him in the League Cup. Our fans on twitter are thick as fucking shit, honestly. 

Fans on twitter: WHY TF HAVEN'T WE BOUGHT A RW AND A CB IT'S A JOKE!!! EALES AND MITCHELL ARE HOPELESS!!!! JUST GET IT DONE

Also fans on twitter: WHY DID WE SELL MINTEH AND ANDERSON?!?!? THEY WERE TWO OF OUR BEST YOUNG PLAYERS

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

He never said that at all.

He was asked could we get a CB and a RW, he said "probably not, no" that's not a definitive" absolutely not", it's certainly not a "we haven't got the money" either, it's more of an "unlikely. but not impossible".

Could be any number of factors, including the players we'd want not being available.

didn't he? i didn't watch but that was how craig hope reported it 

20 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that’s four players to cover two positions - five if you count A Murphy. Schar will be back after the Spurs game.

we have Murphy and a Miggy for RW - neither of whom are really good enough. And Gordon, though Howe doesn’t seem to fancy playing him there 

Some of those CB's are not true CB's and are worse at being CB than Murphy/Miggy are at being RW'ers, 2 of them are getting decidedly old

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I rest my case m'lud

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's a weird one. i sincerely hope we have walked away and are days away from announcing a new CB and a new RW - neither of whom have been picked up by the media. that was our style when amanda was running the show 

I sincerely hope so too, because as it stands we'll finish the summer with some greek 5th choice goalkeeper as our biggest buy and can start counting off the days till isak/bruno/gordon fuck off to pastures new.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You were talking about pointing the £70m at fucking Mbeumo man. Brentford bought him for £6m. 

Re Guehi, it's not just about what you pay for him today, it's about his useful life to the club. As I've said over and fucking over. 

These transfer windows are boring. We were meant to be the fucking cash splashers and instead we've been fucked by the PL rule changes and PSR. To the extent that the fans have been turned into penny pinchers who know better than the DoF and manager. It's boring. Sorry if you don't agree. 

that's not exactly what i said. £70m would a lot for mbeumo too - i think his value is probably closer to £50-60m. what i said was i would rather that kind of money was splashed around on a RW than a defender if psr means we don't have the capital to burn on both positions.

that's not the sort of money that typically gets splashed around on defenders - it's what you pay for elite forwards. i know you don't want to hear it but £70m feels like a big overspend on guehi, it would feel like less of an overspend on a forward. 

7 minutes ago, OTF said:

Fans on twitter: WHY TF HAVEN'T WE BOUGHT A RW AND A CB IT'S A JOKE!!! EALES AND MITCHELL ARE HOPELESS!!!! JUST GET IT DONE

Also fans on twitter: WHY DID WE SELL MINTEH AND ANDERSON?!?!? THEY WERE TWO OF OUR BEST YOUNG PLAYERS

Same fans on Twitter last year WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED DIABY AND KALVIN-PHILLIPS

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I sincerely hope so too, because as it stands we'll finish the summer with some greek 5th choice goalkeeper as our biggest buy and can start counting off the days till isak/bruno/gordon fuck off to pastures new.

Farley Pee Pants Laughing on Make a GIF

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Some of those CB's are not true CB's and are worse at being CB than Murphy/Miggy are at being RW'ers, 2 of them are getting decidedly old

Schar is class - he's been one of our best and most consistent players since the takeover - and I would be happy to see him as first choice CB for another two seasons, especially since he retired form international football to focus on his club career. Some reinforcements in that position would be great, ideally a promising understudy, who can eventually step into his role. However, I don't see it as much as priority as RW and I question the judgement in spunking our entire summer budget (if Hope is to be believed) on that position when RW remains the one area not to be upgraded since the takeover. 

If Kelly isn't a true CB, then I'm going to question why we signed him too, because he looked dogshit at LB against Bournemouth 

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

First mistake. Don't read the cunts sensationalised titles.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

we do aye. which is why the whole thing with guehi appears so frustrating.

we look like some daft obsessive cunt on ebay who ends up paying twice as much for an 04 ford fiesta than it's worth because they refuse to be beaten in a bidding war.  :lol:

It does look like that, but Mitchell will have to have come up with, and justified a valuation and had it approved by Eales and the Chairman. All three of them might be getting this wrong, but the appearance of being caught in a macho bidding war is almost certainly false. 

We've seen protracted transfers play out like this in the past, and generally if the signing player gets their man, I see it as a success for them rather than them having had their pants down. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

it's a fair point. isak, bruno and gordon are elite players. they won't wait around forever for the project to catch up with their ambitions. they're all good enough to be playing champions league football. we need to sign another player or two this window at their level or next time liverpool or man city come calling their heads really will be turned. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

First mistake. Don't read the cunts sensationalised titles.

i just saw the tweet that someone shared on here. didn't read the article  and i don't give the mail any clicks unless i have to - so hope was telling porkies, was he? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that's not exactly what i said. £70m would a lot for mbeumo too - i think his value is probably closer to £50-60m. what i said was i would rather that kind of money was splashed around on a RW than a defender if psr means we don't have the capital to burn on both positions.

that's not the sort of money that typically gets splashed around on defenders - it's what you pay for elite forwards. i know you don't want to hear it but £70m feels like a big overspend on guehi, it would feel like less of an overspend on a forward. 

There will literally be a player valuation committee at the club. Do you really think you know better than them? 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

There will literally be a player valuation committee at the club. Do you really think you know better than them? 

no, i think i agree with them - we haven't paid what palace are demanding 

If we haven't offered the price that Palace is asking then why the fuck does anyone at the club think that the price is going to come down the closer we get to the end of the window?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It does look like that, but Mitchell will have to have come up with, and justified a valuation and had it approved by Eales and the Chairman. All three of them might be getting this wrong, but the appearance of being caught in a macho bidding war is almost certainly false. 

We've seen protracted transfers play out like this in the past, and generally if the signing player gets their man, I see it as a success for them rather than them having had their pants down. 

No-one wins a negotiation, if it concludes with agreement and both sides are happy i.e. it's a draw.

@Gemmill i'll put it to you - do you think guehi is worth £70m? if we signed him and he turns out to be an amazing player for us, i'll be happy to admit i was wrong. all transfers carry an element of risk but that would feel like a massive roll of the dice. i think it's telling that no one else has entered a bidding war for him at the price mooted. it's the sort of crazy fee only the likes of man u and chelsea tend to pay. i wasn't under the impression that we have the psr headroom to be competing at that end of the market. or if we are, it will come at the expense of signing a RW, which i think would be a mistake. 

i will be happy to eat my words if we sign guehi and a quality RW before the window closes. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

If we haven't offered the price that Palace is asking then why the fuck does anyone at the club think that the price is going to come down the closer we get to the end of the window?

Palace don't want to sell, they won't have named a price, they'll have rejected bids, it's up to us to make them an offer they can't refuse. The journo's are the only one's stating numbers.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don't think we think it'll go down, I think we think we'll get something accepted closer to the end of the window. Possibly deadline day, but I hope not. 

I think Parrish is quite happy getting games out of the player while they're short handed, cos he thinks he can do that and still get the fee he wants before the window shuts.

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

@Gemmill i'll put it to you - do you think guehi is worth £70m? if we signed him and he turns out to be an amazing player for us, i'll be happy to admit i was wrong. all transfers carry an element of risk but that would feel like a massive roll of the dice. i think it's telling that no one else has entered a bidding war for him at the price mooted. it's the sort of crazy fee only the likes of man u and chelsea tend to pay. i wasn't under the impression that we have the psr headroom to be competing at that end of the market. or if we are, it will come at the expense of signing a RW, which i think would be a mistake. 

i will be happy to eat my words if we sign guehi and a quality RW before the window closes. 

He's worth whatever we're prepared to pay and on that, I'll bow to the judgement of those whose careers rest on such decisions.

• Kid Dynamite changed the title to Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?