Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?

Marc Guehi  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Shit, better not play him in any games then.

If as a team you want to progress in a competition, you’ll play your best available team that you think can win the game.

Christ, we haven’t even played our game yet, it could be academic.

I understand the whole thing of being their player etc.

But if we were as close as people say and Palace as serious in selling him, the one match he wouldn't play is last nights. Final week of the window against Norwich.

• Like 2

I’ve been very suspicious of this transfer from day one. Since the takeover we have conducted ZERO transfers in public bar this one. 

I suspect it’s Parrish but we should have seen the signs if he is using the media to up the price. 

• Like 3

Just now, wykikitoon said:

I understand the whole thing of being their player etc.

But if we were as close as people say and Palace as serious in selling him, the one match he wouldn't play is last nights. Final week of the window against Norwich.

Read Gemmill’s post above, apart from the last Trumpy line.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If he doesn't play him, it sends the message to us that they're resigned to selling him. It affects negotiations. They are probably hoping to push this to the last day and squeeze an extra desperate £5m out of us, and they undermine that if he's left out of the tie. 

They know we aren't gonna walk away because he's cup tied for one competition this season. 

Have NONE of you read the art of the deal? 

I suspect the mongs are getting mega-irritated because the deal isn’t close.

Can’t allow a full GICA for that post I’m afraid, you undermined it by implying credence to the orange rapist with the final sentence.

the whole saga has become mind numbingly tedious, far, far worse than both maddison and paquetta combined.

at least with the above two it all appeared to be conjecture by supporters, this is different, we've allowed ourselves to be part of a very public soap opera of repeated failed bids and parish stringing us along with half a dozen skysport/talksport interviews. we should've fucked them off a fortnight ago.

I'll admit I'm not england's biggest fan so his performances during the euros pretty much passed me by, even with a dodgy firestick I've zero fucking interest in watching crystal palace games. is he worth £70m?

I find it incredible that if we've got that much to spend there's not alternatives out there and we should've spent the last 3 weeks pursuing them rather than pampering to that smarmy cockney pricks ego. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

the whole saga has become mind numbingly tedious, far, far worse than both maddison and paquetta combined.

at least with the above two it all appeared to be conjecture by supporters, this is different, we've allowed ourselves to be part of a very public soap opera of repeated failed bids and parish stringing us along with half a dozen skysport/talksport interviews. we should've fucked them off a fortnight ago.

I'll admit I'm not england's biggest fan so his performances during the euros pretty much passed me by, even with a dodgy firestick I've zero fucking interest in watching crystal palace games. is he worth £70m?

I find it incredible that if we've got that much to spend there's not alternatives out there and we should've spent the last 3 weeks pursuing them rather than pampering to that smarmy cockney pricks ego. 

Just putting it out there, Parish is the sort of smarmy cunt that would be thinking if he fucks us over, that would help Palace potentially finish above us this season.

It's not like they need to sell Guehi, as others have said they have already made a decent profit this window, so keep things hanging until the eleventh hour and then turn around and decide he's not for sale, weaken a rival and make our lot look like a bunch of morons.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

You could look at it like the deal can’t be close if they are playing him. £70m down the drain if he gets injured.

i don’t think it will happen. Palace are clearly playing hardball and it hasn’t moved on in weeks.  I hope we tell them to get fucked and have a replacement lined up. 

If Howe is to be believed we don’t have the money to get a CB and RW this window. 

He also said he wants to sign players that will improve the first team. This I agree with but given the financial constraints, RW is surely in greater need of upgrading. 

I would be happy if we signed a good prospect at CB to challenge Schar and potentially succeed him in a season or two - a bit like the Trafford deal with him seen as someone who can eventually replace Pope.

We don’t need to spunk £70m on a CB to walk into the side now. We have Schar, Botman, Burn, Kelly, Lascelles, Krafth and A Murphy.

J Murphy and a Miggy contributed three goals each from that RW last season. That’s not enough output if we want to challenge for top 4. All the top wingers in the modern game score closer to 10 goals a season than 5. That’s where the silly money should be invested.  

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

he’s quite clearly not worth £70m. That’s what you pay for an elite attacker - not a Crystal Palace centre half whose stock has risen off the back of six good games at thee euros. It’s more than they got for Olisse ffs

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Just putting it out there, Parish is the sort of smarmy cunt that would be thinking if he fucks us over, that would help Palace potentially finish above us this season.

It's not like they need to sell Guehi, as others have said they have already made a decent profit this window, so keep things hanging until the eleventh hour and then turn around and decide he's not for sale, weaken a rival and make our lot look like a bunch of morons.

To be fair to him, he can play it how he wants. We should have walked weeks ago. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

If Howe is to be believed we don’t have the money to get a CB and RW this window. 

He also said he wants to sign players that will improve the first team. This I agree with but given the financial constraints, RW is surely in greater need of upgrading. 

I would be happy if we signed a good prospect at CB to challenge Schar and potentially succeed him in a season or two - a bit like the Trafford deal with him seek as someone who can eventually replace Pope.

We don’t need to spunk £70m on a CB to walk into the side now. We have Schar, Botman, Burn, Kelly, Lascelles, Krafth and A Murphy.

J Murphy and a Miggy contributed three goals each from that RW last season. That’s not enough output if we want to challenge for top 4. All the top wingers in the modern game score closer to 10 goals a season than 5. That’s where the silly money should be invested.  

We have;

Burn
Kelly
Krafth
Schar (In two more games)

At the moment.

Botman returning in 3 to 4 months.  What's he going to be like when he gets back from a serious injury?

Lascelles is back when?  If at all?

I can't wait for this window to close so I don't have to read any more shit about who we should sign and how much we should have paid for them. :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

We have;

Burn
Kelly
Krafth
Schar (In two more games)

At the moment.

Botman returning in 3 to 4 months.  What's he going to be like when he gets back from a serious injury?

Lascelles is back when?  If at all?

that’s four players to cover two positions - five if you count A Murphy. Schar will be back after the Spurs game.

we have Murphy and a Miggy for RW - neither of whom are really good enough. And Gordon, though Howe doesn’t seem to fancy playing him there 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I can't wait for this window to close so I don't have to read any more shit about who we should sign and how much we should have paid for them. :lol:

Do you not agree that the opening two games have underscored how badly we need a new RW? 

The other glaring weakness is Longstaff’s decision making. Tonali and a fit Willock  can’t get back in the starting 11 soon enough. I’ve had it with Longstaff’s brain farts when he has to decide to play a forwards pass 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I suspect the mongs are getting mega-irritated because the deal isn’t close.

The deal can be close AND they can still play him in the League Cup. Our fans on twitter are thick as fucking shit, honestly. 

• Like 1

And if you don’t like people speculating on the value of potential transfers, maybe stay out of the thread.

£70m is a fucking pisstake for Guehi and I’ll be annoyed if we end up paying it and missing out on a RW - it’s the sort of fee Man U end up paying for players who you would struggle to call elite. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Do you not agree that the opening two games have underscored how badly we need a new RW? 

The other glaring weakness is Longstaff’s decision making. Tonali and a fit Willock  can’t get back in the starting 11 soon enough. I’ve had it with Longstaff’s brain farts when he has to decide to play a forwards pass 

Schar got sent off and we had to play Krafth at CB. We need a CB. 

We need a RW too. 

• Like 3

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

And if you don’t like people speculating on the value of potential transfers, maybe stay out of the thread.

£70m is a fucking pisstake for Guehi and I’ll be annoyed if we end up paying it and missing out on a RW - it’s the sort of fee Man U end up paying for players who you would struggle to call elite. 

You were talking about pointing the £70m at fucking Mbeumo man. Brentford bought him for £6m. 

Re Guehi, it's not just about what you pay for him today, it's about his useful life to the club. As I've said over and fucking over. 

These transfer windows are boring. We were meant to be the fucking cash splashers and instead we've been fucked by the PL rule changes and PSR. To the extent that the fans have been turned into penny pinchers who know better than the DoF and manager. It's boring. Sorry if you don't agree. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He never said that at all.

He was asked could we get a CB and a RW, he said "probably not, no" that's not a definitive" absolutely not", it's certainly not a "we haven't got the money" either, it's more of an "unlikely. but not impossible".

Could be any number of factors, including the players we'd want not being available.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Schar got sent off and we had to play Krafth at CB. We need a CB. 

We need a RW too. 

we do aye. which is why the whole thing with guehi appears so frustrating.

we look like some daft obsessive cunt on ebay who ends up paying twice as much for an 04 ford fiesta than it's worth because they refuse to be beaten in a bidding war.  :lol:

• Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

He never said that at all.

He was asked could we get a CB and a RW, he said "probably not, no" that's not a definitive" absolutely not", it's certainly not a "we haven't got the money" either, it's more of an "unlikely. but not impossible".

Could be any number of factors, including the player9s) we'd want not being available.

Im pretty sure he followed that remark up with financial reasoning blaming PSR and having to avoid being in the same situation.

• Kid Dynamite changed the title to Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?