Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?

Marc Guehi  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Fish have you posted Guehi's stats to back up he's worth/not worth the money? Be interested to see it.

image.png.f487bdd5a0fb5508ba614e4fe033a021.pngimage.png.d8d98b0b1d70c04305f2cee9b98598b3.pngimage.png.7a5c89b622ee54d33588a434b78958ba.png

image.png.b60d444dd4bd5cf7ebe30bd8102990e6.pngimage.png.595466f1e8378d016c0bb3f686cba658.png

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, The Fish said:

image.png.f487bdd5a0fb5508ba614e4fe033a021.pngimage.png.d8d98b0b1d70c04305f2cee9b98598b3.pngimage.png.7a5c89b622ee54d33588a434b78958ba.png

image.png.b60d444dd4bd5cf7ebe30bd8102990e6.pngimage.png.595466f1e8378d016c0bb3f686cba658.png

He might be okay next to Botman, mopping up anything with his pace.

Does Schar win nothing in the air ( from the second graphic?)

As suspected, Guehi is shite in the air.

Edited by Holden McGroin

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He might be okay next to Botman, mopping up anything his pace.

Does Schar win nothing in the air ( from the second graphic?)

As suspected, Guehi is shite in the air.

He wins a small number of Aerial Duels, compared to the rest of the players analysed. But, as ever it only shows some of the picture. Schar isn't usually the CB that marks the most dangerous header of the ball at set pieces, most of the goals scored against us aren't headers (because we stop the cross at source, or they're low crosses). 

• Like 1

Just now, AgentAxeman said:

Tbf, center halfs with good recovery pace fit the bill for our press high tactics. Still think 70m is way too much though. 

It's perhaps one area we lacked at the back from last season. Schar, Burn and Trippier (and Botman looked sluggish after the injury) all aren't classed as quick players.  

30 minutes ago, The Fish said:

the stats seem to confirm the eye test. Does he start ahead of Botman and Schar when everyone’s fit? I’m not sure he does. Though his extra pace will definitely be an asset in some games  

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

the stats seem to confirm the eye test. Does he start ahead of Botman and Schar when everyone’s fit? I’m not sure he does. Though his extra pace will definitely be an asset in some games  

He'll need the recovery pace for when he gets beat in the aerial dual. 😆

• Haha 3

What other centre backs with pace are available for less than £60m that are as good or are better than Guehi? (that's probably the question Mitchell has already asked the scouting team last week when the last offer went in) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Sounds like Guehi is still going to play this weekend.  Surely if we are close he isn't?

He even will be the Captain. 

I think every day is more difficult. 

We need to talk with another player. 

• Like 1

Ignore what Guehi says and the fact they're making him captain. He's captain cos Andersen has gone and cos it's part of Parrish's stage management. 

That doesn't make me think the deal is off or anything. 

• Like 1

From the distance, it seems that Palace is closing the door on negotiations and has convinced the player to be the captain. After the transfer market, he will surely get a pay rise and a renewal.

I think it's time to move. There are players who can still fit in very well. And now we have two options. Look for a proven player to compete with Schar, or look for a player who is good now, but who is more of a prospect for the future.

In the first group we can have those from Leverkusen (Tapsoba, Tah or Kossounou). There is also Schuurs. I wouldn't be surprised, because this guy shares an agent with Botman and I know that last year the club asked for a report on him (from a friend of mine who is a professional scout).

In the second we have Antonio Silva or Diomande.

We also have a third option: bring in some loaned player who doesn't seem to count for much at his club: Disasi or Lindelof.

And finally, a fourth. Bring back some player who is in Saudi Arabia: Demiral

Edited by Diego21
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

From the distance, it seems that Palace is closing the door on negotiations and has convinced the player to be the captain. After the transfer market, he will surely get a pay rise and a renewal.

I think it's time to move. There are players who can still fit in very well. And now we have two options. Look for a proven player to compete with Schar, or look for a player who is good now, but who is more of a prospect for the future.

In the first group we can have those from Leverkusen (Tapsoba, Tah or Kossounou). There is also Schuurs. I wouldn't be surprised, because this guy shares an agent with Botman and I know that last year the club asked for a report on him (from a friend of mine who is a professional scout).

We also have a third option: bring in some loaned player who doesn't seem to count for much at his club: Disasi or Lindelof.

I wouldn't give Man Utd the satisfaction of being able to offload Lindelof.

27 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I'd be really surprised if Guehi signs a contract extension at Palace. He'll be 26 when his contract runs out, if his career continues on a similar trajectory, that will be his big money free signing move. 

• Like 1

The NUFC negotiator for Guehi revealed....

Kenny Rogers GIF

🎵You got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealing's done🎶

• Haha 10

• Kid Dynamite changed the title to Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?