Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?

Marc Guehi  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

anyway....

what this thread has established is that 19 people are bastions of football knowledge and 14 should start playing tiddlywinks.

Sneaking Elmer Fudd GIF by Looney Tunes

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

After all of the protesting and the "we should have walked away", you're ready to pay £70m on deadline day. 

that’s because i harboured delusions that we were also in for a RW. And i always said that both positions need to be strengthened and I didn’t want the CB to come at the expense of a RW. But if we really are only in for a CB then one new signing is better than none.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This doesn't look like the cold as steel Dr Gloom that estate agents across the country fear. 

If it does go through at that price I still think palace have has our pants down and I still question the approach taken given all the things previously discussed - there are plainly other CBs out there available for less and we are still crying out for a new RW. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This doesn't look like the cold as steel Dr Gloom that estate agents across the country fear. 

shut it, ten bids of Wideopen 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Dr Panic Stations. 

£70m (£65 plus £5m add ons) is the bid on the table, right? i don't see us increasing it - the question is whether palace fold at the last minute. i don't advocate increasing what is already a monster gamble of a bid. but i'd rather they accepted it than we were left with no players in to upgrade the first team, which is what the reporting of the past 24 hours suggests is the alternative outcome. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'd take Guehi at £70m at this stage, given all the noise suggests it'll either be Guehi, or no one. at least we will have improved the first team with one of our summer signings. i still think the price is inflated by £20-30m but, like others have said, if he turns out to be mint for us for six years or more, no one will give a shit 

39 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

After all of the protesting and the "we should have walked away", you're ready to pay £70m on deadline day. 

JS152548861.jpg

0_Untitled-design-1.jpg

• Haha 3

If they cannot get Guehi over the line, would it be worth Mats Hummels on a 12 month contract for cover, considering Lascelles and/or Botman could possibly suffer set backs in their recovery?

4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

If they cannot get Guehi over the line, would it be worth Mats Hummels on a 12 month contract for cover, considering Lascelles and/or Botman could possibly suffer set backs in their recovery?

you'd think they'd have a backup plan. i mentioned hummels a few pages back, but isegrim wasn't 100% convinced he is the player he was, IIRC

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you'd think they'd have a backup plan. i mentioned hummels a few pages back, but isegrim wasn't 100% convinced he is the player he was, IIRC

Looked decent last season, is currently without a club, so maybe the back up is post deadline day.

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Signed for Mallorca hasn’t he?

Was close ti sign for San Sebastian but pulled out of it. Mocked the speculation regarding Mallorca today.

He had a very good season last year but is thought to want to stay close to his family in Munich.

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Was close ti sign for San Sebastian but pulled out of it. Mocked the speculation regarding Mallorca today.

He had a very good season last year but is thought to want to stay close to his family in Munich.

there's probably as many germans living in majorca as there is in munich. 

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He likes Munchen. Munchen FOOF amirite!? 

*we're all high fiving*

23 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I need to run some good patter workshops on here. There will be some compulsory attendees. 

Physician, heal thyself

• Haha 5