Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?

Marc Guehi  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the sky presenter says those close to the deal insist Parish doesn't want to sell. 

if that is the case, i hope this is old news and we are already on to other targets. there is zero point continuing negotiations with an unwilling seller 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Looks like I'm wrong to still be confident. :lol:

your minuscule run of getting things correct look like it’s over.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 3

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

Guehi is going to lose a massive pay day for this. I guess he isn’t that bothered though as he hasn’t slapped in a transfer request.

Good for him. If someone came in and tried to unsettle one of our best players then we'd rightly be pissed off.

The mystery is why we spent so long pursuing a target we were never going to pay the asking price for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Guehi is going to lose a massive pay day for this. I guess he isn’t that bothered though as he hasn’t slapped in a transfer request.

that and the fact parish doesn't want or need to sell have killed the deal. guehi is apparently open to the move but if he really wanted it he could force palace's hand. 

i really fucking hope we have irons in other fires and get out business sorted swiftly. 

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

your minuscule run of getting things correct look like it’s over.

you've lost me - what run is this you speak of? 

There's no way we've spent a month on this without some encouragement from the Palace side. I'd release a statement to say they've taken the piss, the press leaks have all come from their side and we are rescinding the offer

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There's no way we've spent a month on this without some encouragement from the Palace side. I'd release a statement to say they've taken the piss, the press leaks have all come from their side and we are rescinding the offer

Parrish will play the media game better than us. Best not to get involved imo. The bloke is a broadcaster's dream, whereas Eales is basically David Brent. 

Parrish has said from the start that they don't need or want to sell and it would take something special for them to sell him. We obviously haven't reached that threshold. 

One thing is certain, if Mitchell doesn't pull something out of the bag in the next 30 hours, then he personally has had a fucking stinker for his first transfer window. I doubt the chairman will be looking on fondly. 

• Like 1

Its well within Palaces rights to hold their ground, Parish is a twat though so I'm going to enjoy Guehi running his contract down and leaving for less than half our offer while palace manage yet another 12th-ish finish.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think we probably should have walked away when palace went public. Eddie will have hated the way this has played out in the media too. He doesn’t like airing dirty linen in public. I can’t believe he wouldn’t consider another target though - or that there isn’t another CD out there on our list of targets that would consider joining us. Someone has ballsed up somewhere.

IMG_8155.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

He's going to get a bigger pay day when he runs down his contract.

15 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Parrish will play the media game better than us. Best not to get involved imo. The bloke is a broadcaster's dream, whereas Eales is basically David Brent. 

Parrish has said from the start that they don't need or want to sell and it would take something special for them to sell him. We obviously haven't reached that threshold. 

One thing is certain, if Mitchell doesn't pull something out of the bag in the next 30 hours, then he personally has had a fucking stinker for his first transfer window. I doubt the chairman will be looking on fondly. 

eales + mitchell  = llambias + wise

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

He's going to get a bigger pay day when he runs down his contract.

Im dubious. He's just had the tournament of his life. His stock is at an all time high. He's hardly looked a world beater in his last 2 games for Palace.

My main gripe now is I'm struggling to believe that at £70m, there isn't another RCB in world football on a par with Guehi. 

Still an outside chance it goes through today. Us "walking away" might have prompted the player to pick up the phone to Parrish or something. 

Re your last point @Kid Dynamite, it sounds like we had other targets but they moved elsewhere earlier in the window while we focused on Guehi. If that's the case, it would be a mistake to magic up a new target at this stage. 

• Like 2

i'd take Guehi at £70m at this stage, given all the noise suggests it'll either be Guehi, or no one. at least we will have improved the first team with one of our summer signings. i still think the price is inflated by £20-30m but, like others have said, if he turns out to be mint for us for six years or more, no one will give a shit 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'd take Guehi at £70m at this stage, given all the noise suggests it'll either be Guehi, or no one. at least we will have improved the first team with one of our summer signings. i still think the price is inflated by £20-30m but, like others have said, if he turns out to be mint for us for six years or more, no one will give a shit 

Agreed. The original question was Guehi or a RW. Now it's Guehi or no one. To roll out the classics from the Carroll transfer, we can't play a bag of cash at CB. :lol: 

FWIW I think the offer on the table at the moment is 70m (65m +5m) according to Keith Downie's latest video. So who knows what we'll actually need to pay to get him at this point. Howe has gone out for the presser and presented like the deal is off. He spoke about PSR and the need for deals to be right financially for us to make them happen. So he's done his part. I'd imagine a last ditch improved offer will go in late today from Mitchell/Eales. Then it's up to Parish.

I'm still hopeful. Maybe it's desperation. Parish has played a blinder on us. :lol: 

43 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol:

After all of the protesting and the "we should have walked away", you're ready to pay £70m on deadline day. 

• Haha 5