Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?

Marc Guehi  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

it feels like £60m plus add one or whatever the last bid was might be the top end of our valuation. It was the fourth bid, I think? Usually if the selling club is serious about selling you’ll reach an agreement by the third bid, right? Unless one side is trying to take  the piss out of the other  

None of us have a clue what's going on. End of.

Mods, close the thread now.

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The "we should have walked away by now" narrative is idiotic BTW. If we only sign players where the selling club bends over for us, we're gonna be buying an awful lot of shite. 

It started on twitter and it's found its way on here. 

We didnt bend over for lille and lyon when we wanted bruno and botman, we stuck to our guns even though they wanted silly money.

Why are we spending 70mil on this guy? tsk tsk, walk away from this

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

so never walk away? Even if the selling club is taking the piss? Palace are negotiating from a position of strength. They’re flush with cash from other sales and already lost their other centre half. They’re only selling if we pay silly money, by the looks of it. 

So you advocate the powers that be walk away from any deal where the selling club are pushing the price up, but you're going to be massively fucked off if we don't get an incoming transfer?! :fool:

• Haha 1

Compare it to buying property. Has anyone ever made more than four offers on a house? Our tactic has always been to make a cheeky opening offer. Then a second if their counter offer is too high and a third if we really want the house. If that hasn’t been enough we’d walk away. There are more houses/players out there if you can’t afford your first choice 

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

go then....

at what point do you say enough's enough then?

When the asking price exceeds our valuation of the player 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig said:

So you advocate the powers that be walk away from any deal where the selling club are pushing the price up, but you're going to be massively fucked off if we don't get an incoming transfer?! :fool:

no, I’m saying there are other players out there if this one is prohibitively expensive. I’d like to think they’re working on multiple targets   

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it feels like £60m plus add one or whatever the last bid was might be the top end of our valuation. It was the fourth bid, I think? Usually if the selling club is serious about selling you’ll reach an agreement by the third bid, right? Unless one side is trying to take  the piss out of the other  

By all accounts, we initially went in well short of what they wanted. That's what the first 2 or 3 bids were about - getting us remotely in range of what they wanted. 

As for comparing it to buying a house. Howay man. :lol:

• Haha 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Compare it to buying property. Has anyone ever made more than four offers on a house? Our tactic has always been to make a cheeky opening offer. Then a second if their counter offer is too high and a third if we really want the house. If that hasn’t been enough we’d walk away. There are more houses/players out there if you can’t afford your first choice 

As others have said, if once the club have made the absolutely maximum offer it's still knocked back then you walk away. We've no idea if we've already played that card though. 

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

If you make an offer which is absolutely your best offer and it’s knocked back, that’s when.

and I'd agree with that.

id have no issue with a low ball offer initially. the 2nd bid would be the best one.

at which point I'd walk away. were up to four or five now IF the press are to believed.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

no, I’m saying there are other players out there if this one is prohibitively expensive. I’d like to think they’re working on multiple targets   

There are ... but are they considered the right fit for our requirements - most likely not. 

Once their demands exceed our valuation of the deal, then we walk away. None of us are in a position to say whether that threshold has been met though. 

6 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

We didnt bend over for lille and lyon when we wanted bruno and botman, we stuck to our guns even though they wanted silly money.

The Bruno deal was done in a matter of days.

• Like 1

Just now, Craig said:

There are ... but are they considered the right fit for our requirements - most likely not. 

Once their demands exceed our valuation of the deal, then we walk away. None of us are in a position to say whether that threshold has been met though. 

I think that’s the first thing you’ve posted today that I agree with :lol:  

But what else are we going to chat shit about on a slow news day with three days to go till the window closes? 

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

By all accounts, we initially went in well short of what they wanted. That's what the first 2 or 3 bids were about - getting us remotely in range of what they wanted. 

As for comparing it to buying a house. Howay man. :lol:

you must be that ginger bloke my mate in wideopen was telling me about who made 10 bids for his three-bed semi 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

you must be that ginger bloke my mate in wideopen was telling me about who made 10

bids for his three-bed semi 

Absolutely scandalous to be bringing your house buying experiences into the thread. :lol:

I wasted my time getting off twitter when you're coming with that drivel. 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Absolutely scandalous to be bringing your house buying experiences into the thread. :lol:

I wasted my time getting off twitter when you're coming with that drivel. 

The same logic applies to all deal making though doesn’t it. You test the water with an opening bid or two before going to your final offer. This is the point where you really can’t afford to go any higher. I don’t know if we have hit that point yet or whether we were the ones taking the piss with lowball early bids. But seeing four or five offers rejected as publicly as this isn’t a great look.  

Edited by Dr Gloom

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

The same logic applies to all deal making though doesn’t it. You test the water with an opening bid or two before going to your final

offer. This is the point where you really can’t afford to go any higher. I don’t know if we have hit that point yet or whether we were the ones taking the piss with lowball early bids. But seeing four or five offers rejected as publicly as this isn’t a great look.  

If the deal comes off, he arrives and proves to be a massive success, i couldn't really give a flying fuck how this experience looked publicly tbh.

• Like 1

I wanted an old copper whistling kettle for the campervan wood stove. had a look on ebay and found exactly what I was looking for. put a cheeky bid in for £15 with 24 hours to go and checked in again with a minute to go only to find I'd been outbid. hit them with a big purple one in the last 15 seconds and got the fucking thing for £19.50....

ruthless, that's me.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Craig said:

If the deal comes off, he arrives and proves to be a massive success, i couldn't really give a flying fuck how this experience looked publicly tbh.

second time I’ve agreed with you today 👏

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

I wanted an old copper whistling kettle for the campervan wood stove. had a look on ebay and found exactly what I was looking for. put a cheeky bid in for £15 with 24 hours to go and checked in again with a minute to go only to find I'd been outbid. hit them with a big purple one in the last 15 seconds and got the fucking think for £19.50....

ruthless, that's me.

:lol:

When clubs start listing players on ebay and Rightmove, I'm sure you and Gloomy will be the first people Eales calls. 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

second time I’ve agreed with you today 👏

That's alright young padawan, keep up the good work :good:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

When clubs start listing players on ebay and Rightmove, I'm sure you and Gloomy will be the first people Eales calls. 

they won’t be calling you. I heard the local estate agents were calling it the great Wideopen massacre of 2018

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

That's alright young padawan, keep up the good work :good:

Stop talking so much shit and I’m in 🙏

Edited by Dr Gloom

• Kid Dynamite changed the title to Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?