Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?

Marc Guehi  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, sammynb said:

Just got done by a Norwich winger and their other CB, Riad, looks like he has done his groin.

Aye. He's gone off injured 

Lads heads all over

Well done parish 

He’s not worth £70m, and thankfully it doesn’t look like we’re prepared to stump up the asking price and have moved on to other targets (at least I hope that’s what’s happened). Can’t blame palace for playing someone they don’t want to sell unless someone comes in with an offer that is so beyond the player’s value that they can’t turn it down. We need to move on and forget about this lad 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Isegrim said:

Steve Parish is the only living person with three middle fingers outside of Middlesbrough.

Oi! Fucker, least we never started a world war

• Haha 9

26 minutes ago, strawb said:

Oi! Fucker, least we never started a world war

IMG_3623.thumb.png.79e9a852aedb396ae8bd3d966b7daa3a.png

“All I was missing was just another middle finger and we would have won.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I already hate him and in a now established pattern of “going in early” am calling for the useless cockney wanker to be dropped and Emil Kraft to be brought in and made defensive Team Leader, designated by an exclusive armband embossed with a picture of Franco Baresi :cuppa:

• Haha 6

At this point they might do it purely out of desperation as we dont seem to be close to anyone else and we certainly dont seem well placed to sell the players we've been trying to sell for the last 3 years to fund another signing. 

As has been said elsewhere the club really needs to pull something out of the bag here; not just for strengthening the squad but for the optics of the 'project'.

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Deep down, you have to ask yourself whether the Saudis would really be happy spunking 70m on a Guehi?

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

They've played him in every game so far, I don't know why this one is such a big deal to people? 

He's their player until we sign him, and they can do what they like with him. They've just lost their other first choice CB and they probably fancy being in the next round of the cup. 

It would be mental of Guehi to say he doesn't want to play, given he doesn't know if he'll still be there come deadline day. 

This entirely. 

Mongbook was full of morons last night saying they're done with him because he'll have cup-tied himself. Fuck me, he's been selected by his employers! If he refused to play, the same dickheads would no doubt be saying they don't want him because his attitude stinks. 

And this, of course, is them making the massive presumption that we'll definitely still be in the cup by transfer deadline. 

• Like 3

In the early rounds of the league cup how many players get rested? :lol: (Especially if you're playing a lower league side). If you believe journalists, (not itk knackers), we were apparently not far off getting him. If the journalists are wrong they're wrong, but if we really were close to agreeing then it's an unusual move to play and cup tie him. I don't think you have to be a mong to think this. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

This entirely. 

Mongbook was full of morons last night saying they're done with him because he'll have cup-tied himself. Fuck me, he's been selected by his employers! If he refused to play, the same dickheads would no doubt be saying they don't want him because his attitude stinks. 

And this, of course, is them making the massive presumption that we'll definitely still be in the cup by transfer deadline. 

Steady on Craig, we were obviously only looking to sign him for this years assault on the Carabao cup and we are not interested in him because he can potentially be our starting CB for the next 5-7 years.

• Haha 3

You could look at it like the deal can’t be close if they are playing him. £70m down the drain if he gets injured.

i don’t think it will happen. Palace are clearly playing hardball and it hasn’t moved on in weeks.  I hope we tell them to get fucked and have a replacement lined up. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

In the early rounds of the league cup how many players get rested? :lol: (Especially if you're playing a lower league side). If you believe journalists, (not itk knackers), we were apparently not far off getting him. If the journalists are wrong they're wrong, but if we really were close to agreeing then it's an unusual move to play and cup tie him. I don't think you have to be a mong to think this. 

He’s their player until he’s not.

I’d get the cup tied angst if it was a CL qualifier which would rule him out of the whole competition (if we were in it), but the Carabao cup, nah !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

He’s their player until he’s not.

I’d get the cup tied angst if it was a CL qualifier which would rule him out of the whole competition (if we were in it), but the Carabao cup, nah !

IF it was close it's a strange move as this happens all the time. Of course he's their player and they can do whatever they like. I have a feeling he'll still be their player after the deadline and maybe it isn't as close as some were suggesting?

• Like 3

Palace have made a £50m profit in this window. The simple fact is that they don't need to sell and it doesn't sound like the player is pushing for it so the ball is completely in their court.

• Like 2

It was my impression that it is quite common these days for players close to being sold to not play to avoid risking injury. Seems like Palace are trying to have it both ways by telling the press a transfer is immenent to keep us on the hook whilst picking the player to play to play hard to get or something. Who knows.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Why would you risk losing a 'generational' £70m talent in a cup game v fucking Norwich?

Shit, better not play him in any games then.

If as a team you want to progress in a competition, you’ll play your best available team that you think can win the game.

Christ, we haven’t even played our game yet, it could be academic.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Palace have made a £50m profit in this window. The simple fact is that they don't need to sell and it doesn't sound like the player is pushing for it so the ball is completely in their court.

This 👆 They don’t want to sell him, but they’ll have a price, we haven’t reached that yet.

If he doesn't play him, it sends the message to us that they're resigned to selling him. It affects negotiations. They are probably hoping to push this to the last day and squeeze an extra desperate £5m out of us, and they undermine that if he's left out of the tie. 

They know we aren't gonna walk away because he's cup tied for one competition this season. 

Have NONE of you read the art of the deal? 

• Like 2

• Kid Dynamite changed the title to Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?