Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?

Marc Guehi  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

This should have been the window where we’d done our homework and got quality signings coming in like when we got Bruno. This would have showed the likes of Isak, Gordon and Bruno that they have a real chance of success here.

I think it will end up having a negative effect on our elite players and they will be off at the first opportunity.

I appreciate moneys tight, but there’s no real excuse for not being able to recreate “Bruno” type signings from around the world. I think we are a bit obsessed with “must have Premier League experience”.

I still expect a statement signing or two before the window closes. Whether that is Guehi, Mbuemo (fyi @Gemmill) or someone else remains to be seen. There’s no reason to suspect otherwise though as we have pulled out a marquee signing in every summer window since the takeover so far. If the window closed today it would be an underwhelming but it’s still too soon for sodden bedsheets  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Thanks for clarifying because it was my suspicion that you didn't understand my point. I did not suggest that Geuhi's performance was deliberately "below par". I suggested that the transfer speculation may have impacted on his performance. It wouldn't be the first time it has happened to a player. It is actually quite a common suggestion that people make about players becoming "unsettled" by transfer speculation. You can have your preferred opinion. Understandably, it means very little to me that you would judge a misinterpretation of my opinion as unlikely. I never suggested Guehi performed below par on purpose. That is why I suggested that it would be "strange" for his poor performance to increase the possibility of his transfer occurring even if it raises some concerns for us about how he might manage the expectations placed upon him by an exorbitant fee. This is basic stuff really. I meant what I said, after all. :lol: 

Thanks for that, lot of words not really saying much, still don't agree. The guy has just played in a Euro final and you think tranfer speculation is causing his head to wobble.

As others have also pointed out, all our big signings have been under the radar, doubt that has changed but yeah the pressure.

2 hours ago, toonotl said:

Howe has mentioned quite often that it is difficult for us to sign players because the pool of talent we're looking at is incredibly small. I think he has every reason to be believed on that one as it simply stands to reason that it is the case. The pool is much smaller than when the takeover began because we only have a few positions with significant ability to upgrade with better now. It's also worth considering that the club has an even smaller pool relative to other top clubs because we don't have the margin for error of the big clubs with massive profits and heaps of PSR headspace so taking a chance on a player isn't exactly something we can do without an extra level of risk. The PSR headroom also limits us on wages so we can't offer massive wages to well established stars looking for a new challenge unless they're willing to take a pay cut. We also have an even smaller pool relative to other big clubs because we don't have the pulling power to get players who are seeking immediate opportunities to start stocking up on trophies. Overall there are several very understandable limitations placed on us. But the intentions are clearly there this window to move things along. It'll happen it just requires some patience and the maximum amount of leverage and clarity that will arrive at the end of the window when we know who we can move on and who is serious about doing a deal to allow us to bring someone in. Hang in there, CT. :) 

I’m sorry. but I honestly don’t believe the pool to upgrade Jacob Murphy is that small :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I’m sorry. but I honestly don’t believe the pool to upgrade Jacob Murphy is that small :lol: 

It's not just about upgrading Murphy though, is it?

Yes, we could sign Sterling or whomever. But that'll leave us in a wage problem, and we'll have to replace Sterling soon enough. 

The pool we're fishing in is small. We need a player who;

• Ticks enough of the performance analysis boxes (technical, loads of stamina, presses well)
  • has the potential to improve
  • is within PSR wriggle room
  • expects reasonable wages
  • who plays in a style that dovetails with the team
  • has the right personality to mesh with the squad
  • and experience of Premier League preferrable

Now, within these parameters, drop a list of available, affordable, appropriate players would you please?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Yes, we could sign Sterling or whomever. But that'll leave us in a wage problem, and we'll have to replace Sterling soon enough. 

• Ticks enough of the performance analysis boxes (technical, loads of stamina, presses well)

Now, within these parameters, drop a list of available, affordable, appropriate players would you please?

Easy. Sylvain Marveaux.

• Haha 3

I don't know why we don't just make some Bruno type signings. 

I also don't understand why, when we're struggling in matches, we don't just give Isak the ball to run past their entire team and set up a goal like he did against Everton. 

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Easy. Sylvain Marveaux.

Rotherham could do with some cash, maybe we get back Shane Ferguson?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Now you're just being ridiculous.

Ferguson plays on the left.

You can't constrain a talent like Shane to something as pedestrian as positions, or roles or tactics.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Unsurprisingly, I disagree with your batshit logic :lol: 

It would have ruled out Bruno and Isak for starters.

19 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You can't constrain a talent like Shane to something as pedestrian as positions, or roles or tactics.

wasn't in the matchday squad yesterday

maybe something happening

or maybe not good enough

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Both of those players were not at top clubs, weren’t getting paid top wages, and were young enough to improve. It absolutely would not have ruled them out in the slightest :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

It is, maybe straightforward to improve on his RW output but his positional flexibility less so.

22 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

No it fucking wouldn't you wet whimpering queef.

• and experience of Premier League preferrable 🚫

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

https://fbref.com/en/players/0caa2fd4/Johan-Bakayoko

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

opened up this 'hot' topic thinking maybe the cunt has signed after all.

but no, merely ct giving all other thread users a severe Internet arse kicking.

They’re having a mare mate. Wouldn’t surprise me if some are on the club payroll the way they are going on. :lol: :lol: 

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

They’re having a mare mate. Wouldn’t surprise me if some are on the club payroll the way they are going on. :lol: :lol: 

The shame is that you aren't on the payroll, standing behind Mitchell at his desk:

"Right, open up Google. Click into the box... NO, that's the address bar. THE SEARCH BOX. THERE! Right, now type 'Bruno type signings'. Press enter. Right, I'm popping to Superdrug for some anusol, I'll be back in an hour to see what you've found."

• Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

7584.jpg.cd71bbe31ad6847375a9c775a892edcf.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

Exactly what I said. That it's a really strange thought to have and if that is at all possible, does that not also mean that Gordon's below par performance on Saturday means he's trying to get his price down, so he can move to Liverpool?

I think what others are saying is far more likely, he's come back from being under Southgates influence at the Euros and has had a downturn in form from shite management.

I don't like seeing these Roo-on-Roo incidents. It's like seeing Mick Dundee and Donk fall out. 

• Haha 4

• Kid Dynamite changed the title to Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?