Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?

Marc Guehi  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Lille tried to play the same game with Lille but we got our man in the end for a good price 

Thats what they get for playing games with themselves.

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Perfect statement from them: Put up or shut up. We would be delighted if we were those doing this tbh. Parish is an obnoxious self-obsessed cunt but playing this well.

TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE. 

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

TAKES ONE TO KNOW ONE. 

Considering your ability to get things wrong I take this as a compliment.

Edited by Isegrim
  • Haha 5

Got rinsed by Mbuemo for Brenford's first goal and could have been sent off for a studs up excessive force tackle later. The thing with this signing for me is the fact that there will be noone else offering anywhere near what we are for him. If we hold as it is they will accept the price, more fool them if they don't. I think we'd be overpaying slightly but if we've decided this is our man then over the life of a 6 year contract (taking him to age 30, or 29 with a year to run if we decide to cash in) it's peanuts.

• Like 1

Agree with all that.

Admittedly his head is probably a mess with all the transfer news but it's also possible that we just got a preview of how he'd respond to the pressure of being the subject of a 65m+ transfer fee in that performance. Not doing his club owner any favours in demonstrating his superstar credentials.

Interesting to see if we move on or hold out to the end of the window and see if Palace crumble a bit. Short of him signing a new contract this is their only chance to sell him for what we're offering.

I still think we'll get him. Strangely, I think that performance makes it more likely. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toonotl said:

I still think we'll get him. Strangely, I think that performance makes it more likely. 

Same weird logic has Gordon off to the red dippers and no one really wants that.

• Like 1

This should have been the window where we’d done our homework and got quality signings coming in like when we got Bruno. This would have showed the likes of Isak, Gordon and Bruno that they have a real chance of success here.

I think it will end up having a negative effect on our elite players and they will be off at the first opportunity.

I appreciate moneys tight, but there’s no real excuse for not being able to recreate “Bruno” type signings from around the world. I think we are a bit obsessed with “must have Premier League experience”.

20 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

This should have been the window where we’d done our homework and got quality signings coming in like when we got Bruno. This would have showed the likes of Isak, Gordon and Bruno that they have a real chance of success here.

I think it will end up having a negative effect on our elite players and they will be off at the first opportunity.

I appreciate moneys tight, but there’s no real excuse for not being able to recreate “Bruno” type signings from around the world. I think we are a bit obsessed with “must have Premier League experience”.

IMG_5260.jpeg

• Haha 3

I wonder if he played bad due to the pressures of the Euros? Wilson came back worse as has Gordon which seems to make little sense to me. Does this happen with the rest of the players, comparatively speaking to their abilities? Was this a factor in Alex Ferguson being so negative about his squad playing for England?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I wonder if he played bad due to the pressures of the Euros? Wilson came back worse as has Gordon which seems to make little sense to me. Does this happen with the rest of the players, comparatively speaking to their abilities? Was this a factor in Alex Ferguson being so negative about his squad playing for England?

Bill Shankly apparently once sent a couple of his coaches down to lilleshal (sp) alongside a couple of other clubs in some kind of FA initiative. He told his coaches to take some notes, see what they do and say etc. when they got back he asked them about it then told them to do the opposite of what they'd seen. :lol: (yes that story will be enhanced to make Liverpool look great but there'll be a bit of truth in it as well). 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Same weird logic has Gordon off to the red dippers and no one really wants that.

What point are you making?

51 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

if-i-dont-get-the-things-i-am-after-im-g

"WHERE ARE MY BRUNO TYPE SIGNINGS!?" 

If it was this easy, everyone would be challenging Man City at the top of the league. 

i-want-it-now.gif

• Haha 7

Howe has mentioned quite often that it is difficult for us to sign players because the pool of talent we're looking at is incredibly small. I think he has every reason to be believed on that one as it simply stands to reason that it is the case. The pool is much smaller than when the takeover began because we only have a few positions with significant ability to upgrade with better now. It's also worth considering that the club has an even smaller pool relative to other top clubs because we don't have the margin for error of the big clubs with massive profits and heaps of PSR headspace so taking a chance on a player isn't exactly something we can do without an extra level of risk. The PSR headroom also limits us on wages so we can't offer massive wages to well established stars looking for a new challenge unless they're willing to take a pay cut. We also have an even smaller pool relative to other big clubs because we don't have the pulling power to get players who are seeking immediate opportunities to start stocking up on trophies. Overall there are several very understandable limitations placed on us. But the intentions are clearly there this window to move things along. It'll happen it just requires some patience and the maximum amount of leverage and clarity that will arrive at the end of the window when we know who we can move on and who is serious about doing a deal to allow us to bring someone in. Hang in there, CT. :) 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

You're thinking like a boxer who only ever throws punches and never gets punched. That's not how the transfer market works.

And fucking hell, easy to recreate Bruno type signings, time to update my analogy. You're thinking like a boxer who only ever gets punched in the head over and over again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Scared Animation GIF by Mashed

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, toonotl said:

What point are you making?

Exactly what I said. That it's a really strange thought to have and if that is at all possible, does that not also mean that Gordon's below par performance on Saturday means he's trying to get his price down, so he can move to Liverpool?

I think what others are saying is far more likely, he's come back from being under Southgates influence at the Euros and has had a downturn in form from shite management.

6 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Exactly what I said. That it's a really strange thought to have and if that is at all possible, does that not also mean that Gordon's below par performance on Saturday means he's trying to get his price down, so he can move to Liverpool?

I think what others are saying is far more likely, he's come back from being under Southgates influence at the Euros and has had a downturn in form from shite management.

Thanks for clarifying because it was my suspicion that you didn't understand my point. I did not suggest that Geuhi's performance was deliberately "below par". I suggested that the transfer speculation may have impacted on his performance. It wouldn't be the first time it has happened to a player. It is actually quite a common suggestion that people make about players becoming "unsettled" by transfer speculation. You can have your preferred opinion. Understandably, it means very little to me that you would judge a misinterpretation of my opinion as unlikely. I never suggested Guehi performed below par on purpose. That is why I suggested that it would be "strange" for his poor performance to increase the possibility of his transfer occurring even if it raises some concerns for us about how he might manage the expectations placed upon him by an exorbitant fee. This is basic stuff really. I meant what I said, after all. :lol: 

• Kid Dynamite changed the title to Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?