Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?

Marc Guehi  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Eminently sensible posting from strawb. Logical thought appears thin on the ground elsewhere itt. 

We should just be thankful they aren't out setting cars alight. 

• Haha 2

I understand strawbs logic, but on the other hand it wouldn't be so much that you would need to replace the winger, and if Mitchell and Howe do their scouting right they mightn't even have to, it would be the case that we have two very good options for the right wing, much like we have Barnes and Gordon on the left. But again I do get the logic that we're probably more vulnerable at the back, although a fair bit of that is down to not tracking runners from midfield adequately which obviously is more the midfielders department, To finish my rant, I just feel depressed when I look at our options on the RW, more so than when I look at the defence, which obviously isn't logical, but I don't care. Scoring more than the opposition solves all problems 😉

Strawb has hit the nail on the head. 

Schar and Burn aren't getting any younger. If we wait another season clubs will be aware of that and again price goes up. 

We also don't know what Botman is going to be like when he comes back after such a big injury. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

I understand strawbs logic, but on the other hand it wouldn't be so much that you would need to replace the winger, and if Mitchell and Howe do their scouting right they mightn't even have to, it would be the case that we have two very good options for the right wing, much like we have Barnes and Gordon on the left. But again I do get the logic that we're probably more vulnerable at the back, although a fair bit of that is down to not tracking runners from midfield adequately which obviously is more the midfielders department, To finish my rant, I just feel depressed when I look at our options on the RW, more so than when I look at the defence, which obviously isn't logical, but I don't care. Scoring more than the opposition solves all problems 😉

It's not illogical mate. Just you wait. 10 minutes of Almiron and everyone here will be tearing their hair (where available ) out in the match thread. 

Murphy is great in spurts but very average at other times. Both are good options as backup but RW is absolutely the top spot that needs strengthening as we all know but have been distracted by the FIRST exciting rumor of the summer :huff:

I do think we'll probably strengthen both areas though. That or Howe better be working on a master plan to get the best out of Gordon on the RW. 

• Like 5

The main reason I want us to get Guehi is cos we're very publicly trying to get him. 

The more times someone picks somewhere else other than here, the more it becomes a narrative. It'll be an excellent signing, but it'll also be a statement of intent after the Euros he's just had. 

• Like 2

The ideal outcome is Guehi in, Miggy out and a new RW to relegate Murphy to squad player. I love Murphy - valuable squad player - but you don’t him as first choice RW

• Like 2

And I do suspect we’re going to pay over the odds for Guehi. He probably would have gone for £30ish million before the euros and now we’re talking double that. Not my money either but it would be good to avoid another psr scramble of the sort we saw at the end of the season just gone 

• Like 1

I have absolutely no idea how good Guehi is. I have to admit that I never really noticed his performances either way.

On the back of the transfers since the takeover I do trust the people responsible that they know what they are doing though.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He isn’t a £65m player. This is Maguire all over again. Inflated fee off the back of some decent England performances. 

Maguire had just won the league with Leicester tbf to him

• Like 2

Am I the only one that doesn't massively rate Guehi? Especially not at the price being mooted? He's canny but every time I've seen him he's been quick and strong but his passing has been awful. Often putting his team in danger.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

The season Leicester won it, Maguire was playing championship football with Hull and hadn't even been signed by Leicester yet until 2 years later. 

@RobinRobin @GrahamTaylor5 :huff:

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

mgasfhd.jpg.236c05181b7ff3e7b65f410676245db6.jpg

🙂 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

He isn’t a £65m player. This is Maguire all over again. Inflated fee off the back of some decent England performances. 

The fee is so high because Palace don't want to sell him, if we want him, we have to pay what the seller demands and if we can afford it, why not ?

If it ends up £65 million it's only a £13 million* cost this year, plus his wages obvs.

Edit - *assumes he gets a 5 year deal.

Edited by Toonpack

8 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

You shouldn't buy a player off the back of a decent World Cup or Euros

Never works out.

Having said that I'm with Gloomy on this. Last season we scored plenty but shipped loads. Let's get the defence sorted

Given we have some serious operators in the building these days, I'd be amazed if we've based our interest solely off just his Euro performance tbh.

They'll have lists of players of interest for every position, when one becomes available (or they think there's a deal can be done) they'll move. His Euro performances likely just reinforced how they ranked him.

• Like 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

"Why aren't we spending money? I want us to spend money!" 

"Whoooooaaa! Not that much money on that specific player!" 

EXACTLY

"YAY We're the richest club in the world"

"Whoooooa, we can't be spending THAT"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

The season Leicester won it, Maguire was playing championship football with Hull and hadn't even been signed by Leicester yet until 2 years later. 

@RobinRobin @GrahamTaylor5 :huff:

Took me ages to work out why I was being dragged into this. To be fair, Maguire was an alright defender then he went to a toxic environment. 

He is not the only one who has 'failed' under the same circumstances and in some respects, he has faired better than others.

I would hope, if I was a professional footballer, I would use common sense and turn down Man U but they still have a massive name and there is a chance to cement your name for years to come.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

I would hope, if I was a professional footballer, I would use common sense and turn down Man U but they still have a massive name and there is a chance to cement your name for years to come.

Only one more letter than ours though

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

Took me ages to work out why I was being dragged into this. To be fair, Maguire was an alright defender then he went to a toxic environment. 

He is not the only one who has 'failed' under the same circumstances and in some respects, he has faired better than others.

You're getting dragged into it as someone is a fucking gimp. Ignore feature is your friend. 

• Kid Dynamite changed the title to Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?