Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?

Marc Guehi  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chronicle reporting Guehi is interested in the move but the fee will be £65mil+

Hall, Botman, Guehi, Tino would be the stuff of dreams 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

He’s a great defender but doesn’t feel like the sort of signing we would typically make. He’ll probably never cost as much as this after impressing in the euros. 

My other issue is he’s not a like for like Schar replacement. Yes, he can play RCB, but he doesn’t have that ability to step into midfield, or Schar’s range of passing. Not many central defenders do tbh but I’ve got a feeling this might be agent talk and we’re more likely to sign a cheaper CB, maybe from

abroad 

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

He’s a great defender but doesn’t feel like the sort of signing we would typically make. He’ll probably never cost as much as this after impressing in the euros. 

My other issue is he’s not a like for like Schar replacement. Yes, he can play RCB, but he doesn’t have that ability to step into midfield, or Schar’s range of passing. Not many central defenders do tbh but I’ve got a feeling this might be agent talk and we’re more likely to sign a cheaper CB, maybe from

abroad 

On the flip side, he didn't put a foot wrong in the Euros and would appear to be Maguire's heir apparent for the national team. He fits the mould of the young, English players we've signed recently (Tino, Hall, Barnes, Gordon) and has only just turned 24. 

Honestly, if you had given me a blank cheque to sign a new CB when the window opened, he would have been near the top of the list. 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

65 mill???? Would love guehi but lets get a proper BALLER for that money. :naughty:

Schar

Botman

Lascelles

Burn

Kelly

Kraft

Alex Murphy

Once a week games, that'll do for CB's

Our issues last season were not in creating chances, it was the other end of the pitch, improving the defence is #1 priority for me.

We’ve got our development/back up striker (if deal’s done) we need a CB. RW upgrade is third on my list.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

65 mill???? Would love guehi but lets get a proper BALLER for that money. :naughty:

Schar

Botman

Lascelles

Burn

Kelly

Kraft

Alex Murphy

Once a week games, that'll do for CB's

two of them are crocked for a good chunk of the season though 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

On the flip side, he didn't put a foot wrong in the Euros and would appear to be Maguire's heir apparent for the national team. He fits the mould of the young, English players we've signed recently (Tino, Hall, Barnes, Gordon) and has only just turned 24. 

Honestly, if you had given me a blank cheque to sign a new CB when the window opened, he would have been near the top of the list. 

he’s unquestionably a top centre half and I wouldn’t be turning my nose up at all if he signed. It’d be a statement signing after the euros he just had but if I was running the show, and given the psr constraints, I would rather invest more in a top RW and maybe go for a cheaper option at RCB, preferably one who is very comfortable playing out from then back. I’m not sure Guehi is that good on the ball tbh  

Edited by Dr Gloom

It’s all well and good saying rather spend the money on a right winger.

Who though? We tried for Olise, which would have been class. He obviously chose Bayern.

There isn’t anyone I see worth spending £60 million quid on imo, so do you hold your piss and wait until the right player becomes available maybe next year or spunk your money on someone you aren’t 100% on just to plug a gap?

I think our transfer record shows we sign the right players, when they are available rather than players we are not sure on to plug holes. Which is probably why we got 2 left wingers at similar times.

I still think we probably will buy a right winger this summer but haven’t a clue who it will be.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Chaser said:

Yeah. I'd take Guehi for another season of the  Murph and Miggy show. 

Between Gordon and Barnes Howe could also figure something out. They've rarely been available together.

• Like 2

Just now, strawb said:

Who though? We tried for Olise, which would have been class. He obviously chose Bayern.

There isn’t anyone I see worth spending £60 million quid on imo, so do you hold your piss and wait until the right player becomes available maybe next year or spunk your money on someone you aren’t 100% on just to plug a gap?

I think our transfer record shows we sign the right players, when they are available rather than players we are not sure on to plug holes. Which is probably why we got 2 left wingers at similar times.

I still think we probably will buy a right winger this summer but haven’t a clue who it will be.

Supposedly that RW off Fiorentina that we've been linked to, Gonzales, could go for as little as 25-30m. If rumours are to be believed he's having a meeting with the Fiorentina owners on Monday and will ask to leave the club. Fuck knows how true the aforementioned is, but getting a quality RW for that money would be great business. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, strawb said:

That’s the question the thread is asking tbf. 

Obviously it depends on who is available/prepared to sign for us and that will shape the decision.  

I think Guehi is a quality signing and a big statement of intent, particularly after the euros. But we already have a good mix of centre halves, though two of them are crocked and schar isn’t getting any younger, so it does make sense if we can afford him and he fancied the move. Right Wing however looks the weakest area of the squad to me and the one in most need of a quality upgrade. Murphy is probably first choice RW, were the season to start tomorrow. 

Depends on who we sign at RW. We could do with some pace at the back but I’d rather have Mbeumo than Guehi.

i think Guehi has been shit when I’ve seen him, bar the Euros when he was excellent. But then I saw Gary Breen look like Baresi at a World Cup once. 

not surprising that the no's have surged in to a commanding lead here. this poll has really sorted out the wheat from the chaff as regards to who has the higher football knowledge amongst the boards users.

it's no coincidence that the world's worst football predictor also chose the wrong option here.

54 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We're not even interested in Mbeumo though. 

alright Sean Casey, who’s your source? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

That’s the question the thread is asking tbf. 

Obviously it depends on who is available/prepared to sign for us and that will shape the decision.  

I think Guehi is a quality signing and a big statement of intent, particularly after the euros. But we already have a good mix of centre halves, though two of them are crocked and schar isn’t getting any younger, so it does make sense if we can afford him and he fancied the move. Right Wing however looks the weakest area of the squad to me and the one in most need of a quality upgrade. Murphy is probably first choice RW, were the season to start tomorrow. 

Yeah I get that it’s the weakest spot atm.

But do you, with limited resources, spend a large chunk on someone you might be replacing next summer if a better player comes along? Realistically having to spend twice.

Or spend it on a centre back, who it appears is available now, and solves a position for 6-8 years, even though you can probably do without a centre until next year?

Not my money, so I’m not really arsed and I think we will get both.

• Like 5

• Kid Dynamite changed the title to Who hopes Palace get relegated and Guehi leaves on a free?