Pre Season Friendlies 2024

Given Willock's injury record, I'm pleased to see the new performance director is insisting on a crash helmet during pre season. 

• Haha 12

Did he play in midfield again? Interesting that he's been tried out there, I thought he was going to start the season as first choice LB (hopefully)

32 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Did he play in midfield again? Interesting that he's been tried out there, I thought he was going to start the season as first choice LB (hopefully)

No, played LB but growing in confidence every game. Did a Bruno chip to set someone up in the box and has an almighty left foot strike on him. I think he’s going to have a tremendous season.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The new Shane has arrived!

Could CT finally have the hang of this LB lark?

• Haha 4

Could have done with subsituting Joelinton towards the end.  Was concerned he was going to be injured the number of times he was lying on the turf.  Hopefully, just the conditions, but we don't need another starting midfielder breaking.

Otherwise, much better second half, and some of the kids looked fine (unlike against the All Stars (who no one has heard of).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Could have done with subsituting Joelinton towards the end.  Was concerned he was going to be injured the number of times he was lying on the turf.  Hopefully, just the conditions, but we don't need another starting midfielder breaking.

Otherwise, much better second half, and some of the kids looked fine (unlike against the All Stars (who no one has heard of).

Probably the case that a few of the kids can slot into the team and be effective due to their technical proficiency, but if it's primarily them they lack the experience and direction to dictate games.

• Like 1

It's just as well tbh the old Shane was definitely on the wayne.

For our visual learners:

Screenshot_20240801_165213_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6527057322c497dbdc7f43e0c67d9ce1.jpg

is on the

Screenshot_20240801_165136_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3e62bdc8cacaea5e7090a49feb9c22d9.jpg

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

There can be only one!

IMG_6065.thumb.jpeg.43892e83e82e594ca47c93346b7dec94.jpeg

Arsenal player now by the looks of it.

Big Bash Cricket GIF by Madman Films

• Haha 6

So it's the Japanese national stadium for us this morning. I read on twitter they're offering shagging visas in Japan before of population decline but might be bs.

Did Isak have his corrective groin surgery that was being mooted?