Planned Maintenance - Wednesday evening 17/07/24

Andrew

Hello everyone,

The time has come for the board to get a long overdue software update.

It'll be the first since I picked up the keys to the place so I am not 100% on the process and don't know how long it will take.

I am hoping that it will be largely unnoticed for most of you as I'll be starting it on my Thursday morning (I am 11 hours ahead of the UK currently) and will ideally be done before you call come back on line.

If there are any delays that may lead to the board being down longer I will post them here; https://reddit.com/r/Toontastic_NUFC/

One thing that may well be impacted by the update is Themes, it looks as though we use ones from a readily available source, but you may notice some differences once we're back up and running as they'll all likely need updating too.

Cheers!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Re. Twitter links. 

I could post them, then I couldn’t, then I could by changing x to twitter in the url, now I can’t. 

Any ideas, how are others seemingly fine? 

17 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Re. Twitter links. 

I could post them, then I couldn’t, then I could by changing x to twitter in the url, now I can’t. 

Any ideas, how are others seemingly fine? 

You have to make the change to the url before you paste it on here. 

So I use Chrome, I tap the URL and then I tap the pencil edit icon and I amend the URL while I'm still in Chrome. Then I copy and paste it over here and it embeds. 

If you paste it here first and then try to amend it, it doesn't work. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gemmill said:

You have to make the change to the url before you paste it on here. 

So I use Chrome, I tap the URL and then I tap the pencil edit icon and I amend the URL while I'm still in Chrome. Then I copy and paste it over here and it embeds. 

If you paste it here first and then try to amend it, it doesn't work. 

A right pain to do but this works thanks 

Baby Thank You GIF

Looks like some more preliminary work is going to be needed before I put this through.

As you were gentlemen.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Looks like some more preliminary work is going to be needed before I put this through.

As you were gentlemen.

drumming the master GIF by Doctor Who

Just turned my work laptop on and had exclamation marks in triangles and thought I was about to put my fucking feet up, and it's all sorted itself within seconds. 

Bullshit. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Just turned my work laptop on and had exclamation marks in triangles and thought I was about to put my fucking feet up, and it's all sorted itself within seconds. 

Bullshit. 

Livid that everything is working just fine. I work for a telecoms company, there isn't nearly enough service interruption for my liking.

• Haha 1

I mean I do hope they get it all stood up again soon. When stuff like this happens, it shows how fully plugged in the world is now to cloud services.

Am I right in thinking this Crowdstrike lot are Aussie? Absolutely classic that this happens on what the Aussies I used to work with called POETS day (Piss Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday). 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I mean I do hope they get it all stood up again soon. When stuff like this happens, it shows how fully plugged in the world is now to cloud services.

Am I right in thinking this Crowdstrike lot are Aussie? Absolutely classic that this happens on what the Aussies I used to work with called POETS day (Piss Off Early, Tomorrow's Saturday). 

Not sure that's an Aussie saying. My 96 year old father has been using it all my life and presumably well before that. 

Think it's American. 

Just now, RobinRobin said:

Not sure that's an Aussie saying. My 96 year old father has been using it all my life and presumably well before that. 

Think Crowdstrike is American. 

2 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

Think it's American. 

I've only ever heard it from Aussies. 

There's no WAY it's American. They don't use the term piss off and they absolutely LOVE staying at work late. 

I'm just gonna go ahead and call it that I'm right here. 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've only ever heard it from Aussies. 

There's no WAY it's American. They don't use the term piss off and they absolutely LOVE staying at work late. 

I'm just gonna go ahead and call it that I'm right here. 

Yes I meant Crowd strike was American