Just joined

6 hours ago, Selkirk said:

Think that's borders common riding season finished for another year after galas one at weekend 

Lauder is on 3rd August, pissed horsey bastards all over 🙄

I once got me heed kicked in outside a pub on the Isle of Arran  some pub on Brodick high street. It was because of my black and white scarf. They thought I was St Mirren rather than Kilmarnock. After the discovery of the mistake I was bought several pints.

Only telling this story because of the Scottishness of the content.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Monkeys Fist has entered the thread 

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Lauder is on 3rd August, pissed horsey bastards all over 🙄

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

vince mcmahon GIF

:lol:
I went to one in Jedburgh when I was 18 and living in Kielder. 

The Kielder lads I went with said words to the effect of 

“ If you can’t get your dick wet at The Riding, you might as well cut it off” :lol:

Knees were successfully trembled. 
IMG_1977.gif.2b58f6cd8da2f5f7bf77394706882258.gif

• Haha 8

12 hours ago, Selkirk said:

Aye live in selkirk buddy 

Small world! Our car's gearbox packed in about 50 miles from there sometime last year. If I actually supported Newcastle and didn't actively dislike Hearts we'd be like brothers from another mother.

Heads up, the mods and regulars here are largely a weird mix of ex-pats, ex-polis and potential serial killlers.  To quote Fox Mulder "Trust No One" and "If I'm not home by midnight, feed my fish".

• Haha 8

17 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Sick Jim Carrey GIF

The streets need an answer 

17 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

What's your stance on our Lord and Saviour Allan Saint Maximin?

Parks And Recreation Trap GIF

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BobHopeandNoHope said:

Welcome. Got mates up in Hawick, been out a few times up there and they have been down here, still can’t understand a word they fuckin say and probably they can’t understand me. What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

They have their own language in Hawick, they basically just sing instead of talking 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, BobHopeandNoHope said:

Welcome. Got mates up in Hawick, been out a few times up there and they have been down here, still can’t understand a word they fuckin say and probably they can’t understand me. What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

I thought they’d all have perfect enunciation

IMG_8886.jpeg

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

They have their own language in Hawick, they basically just sing instead of talking 

Poor old Michael Finnegan

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Why’s he shaving his lip? 

Getting ready for a night out in Galashiels 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Getting ready for a night out in Galashiels 

Ah… so he’s making sure no one mistakes him for a local woman. :lol:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Alex said:

:lol: Digby’s Discotheque, the Borders top night spot is a bit tallest dwarf in the circus 

There was a similar club in Keswick in the late 80s, the name of which escapes me now. 

Weird place, it had a four sided bar island that took up most of the main floor, with a tiny dance floor to the side- 10 people on it and it was getting intimate. 

A bunch of us from the place I was working went in one night with the express intention of seeing how fast we could all get thrown out- one lad stuck a bottle down his pants so everyone he approached thought he was sporting a magnum dong erection, I approached every lass at the bar, said hi, took a drink, then went in to my best lines whilst dribbling said drink down my chin, I can’t recall the other methods - one lad came up with one of the best comebacks I’ve heard 

Approached the chief scrubber sitting with her gang of scrubettes, asked her for a dance. 
“ No, I’m fussy who I dance with”, said Chief Scrubber. 
My boy came straight back with,

” Shame, as you can see, I’m not…”

Poor lasses face dropped as far as her tits probably have by now. 

We were all “helped””back outside within about 15 minutes. :lol:

There was one in Hexham too, but it was basically fight club for the local goons. 

• Haha 6

There was a regular disco at the cross keys hotel in Kelso. Bar shut at 12, they didn’t kick out till one. So from 1130 everyone was queuing up to buy half a dozen pints each, of which no more than two were ever drank :lol: 

Typical small town scene, everyone knew each other and the various little feuds that were at play. Into that mix whole teams of rugby players would turn up, including on one in occasion in the late 80s the Bath team who were packed with England players of that era….they genuinely looked fuckin astonished, I don’t think they could believe that they were in a place with as many vodka crazed slappers and farmers running around trying to murder each other :D 

• Haha 5