Euro 24

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that Tindle's ex-cleaner might not be that clued in on current goings-on in Eddie Howe's life. :lol:

• Haha 6

44 minutes ago, Alex said:

The weirdest thing of the lot is Allardyce never having returned, despite the numerous opportunities, to his beloved Sunderland 

already been touted over on rtg, not only that he'd have definitely won at least one of the last 4 tournaments....

694177266_Screenshot_20240716_115430_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.92134512f2fb1c7552f40e4b3fc80848.jpg

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that Tindle's ex-cleaner might not be that clued in on current goings-on in Eddie Howe's life. :lol:

I was round Darren’s playing cards about 6 months after him and Howe turned up…. Dawn came in with the cleaner (mortal drunk :lol: she texted someone she alleged to be Tindle and we wished each other well ☺️

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

straight swap for howe.

When you get your air rifle, first time you load it, you have to put the barrel in your mouth, then pull the trigger. If your ears pop, it's powerful enough.

• Haha 10

5 hours ago, Alex said:

You’re about my age and will no doubt have some vague memories of reading Shoot and Match, plus the annuals at Christmas probably. Back in the early to mid-80s there was definitely still a real reverence for Matthews and his era. I even remember a feature on Wor Jackie and reading about him practicing with a tennis ball. This got me thinking about how the waning of Matthews’ fame is probably as much to do with the passing of time as anything else. But what really made me think that is the realisation that, back then, we were much closer to the 50s than we are now to those days in the 80s :lol: there’s a cheery thought for a Tuesday morning 

I said something very similar to a mate who was moaning about the 'young cunt' at his place who knows fuck all etc, etc. I said when we were around 17 and being divvies following NUFC the auld cunts going on about the fifties are basically us now. :lol: (same time difference).

• Haha 3

@Howmanheyman @Alex

Team sheets for Matthews testimonial. Best was only 19 at this point but it’s certainly contains some of the greatest European players of the era and in Eusebio, Di Stefano, Puskas and Yashin (possibly Gento too?)  contenders for an all time world top 20. The likes of Pele are missing but that’s obviously travel related 👍

IMG_5184.jpeg

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@Howmanheyman @Alex

Team sheets for Matthews testimonial. Best was only 19 at this point but it’s certainly contains some of the greatest European players of the era and in Eusebio, Di Stefano, Puskas and Yashin (possibly Gento too?)  contenders for an all time world top 20. The likes of Pele are missing but that’s obviously travel related 👍

IMG_5184.jpeg

Red and White? clearly all MLFs marra

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I said something very similar to a mate who was moaning about the 'young cunt' at his place who knows fuck all etc, etc. I said when we were around 17 and being divvies following NUFC the auld cunts going on about the fifties are basically us now. :lol: (same time difference).

You see shite pop up on FB, photos of the 'good old days'  Where silly cunts post saying 'When life was good' 'simple times' 

Aye simple times and good times as you were probably still living at home and just worried about what you would be earing that night to go on the sniff.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@Howmanheyman @Alex

IMG_5184.jpeg

What I find absolutely crackers is his playing career started about 7 years before WW2 and he was still playing top flight football in the mid 60s. And I think he played his whole career in an era when subs weren’t permitted in competitive games. So you couldn’t carry players or have them make the odd cameo appearance 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@Howmanheyman @Alex

IMG_5184.jpeg

The lad under Pluskal was very well liked at the time. 

IMG_1970.gif.4bef9b49466eeaa9ff08f8ee6dde2f89.gif

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

What I find absolutely crackers is his playing career started about 7 years before WW2 and he was still playing top flight football in the mid 60s. And I think he played his whole career in an era when subs weren’t permitted in competitive games. So you couldn’t carry players or have them make the odd cameo appearance 

And let’s not forget his crowning achievement, cutting the ribbons at the SCS midland stores grand openings!

• Haha 3

UEFA Team of the Tournament has been announced. The only English entry is Kyle Walker. 

Now I'm not suggesting for one moment that more than one English player should be included, but the prolific child creator being top of the pile for English talent?! Nice to see UEFA are still on crack.

Edited by Craig
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

And let’s not forget his crowning achievement, cutting the ribbons at the SCS midland stores grand openings!

Rumour has it the sight of your lugs brought back happy memories of winning the cup ;) 

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Rumour has it the sight of your lugs brought back happy memories of winning the cup ;) 

CT blatantly set up some kids goal where Stan had to score a goal from a penalty and when it hit the net CT would pull some string and some sheet with 'SCS SALE NOW ON!' would descend from the crossbar. 

• Haha 5

Didn't CT say he was Marketing Director or something? It's the mid-80s. The world has turned neon. The home computer is just taking off. Music has gone electronic. The rise of the VCR is upon us. Tron is showing in every cinema across the land. 

Cut to SCS Marketing Campaign Meeting. 

"I'm telling you! Matthews SELLS! The man is a fucking 70 year old SUPERSTAR!" 

• Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Craig said:

UEFA Team of the Tournament has been announced. The only English entry is Kyle Walker. 

Now I'm not suggesting for one moment that more than one English player should be included, but the prolific child creator being top of the pile for English talent?! Nice to see UEFA are still on crack.

pickford wasn't top goalkeeper?

uefa very obviously been bribed by the saudis.

• Haha 2

Just now, thebrokendoll said:

pickford wasn't top goalkeeper?

uefa very obviously been bribed by the saudis.

That was the one player of ours I thought would be included. The only other was perhaps Guehi - but I reckon there were better central defenders than him during the tournament. Can't think of another keeper who stood out more than Pickford did.

10 minutes ago, Craig said:

That was the one player of ours I thought would be included. The only other was perhaps Guehi - but I reckon there were better central defenders than him during the tournament. Can't think of another keeper who stood out more than Pickford did.

thought the lad in goal for turkey should win it for his save against the austrians alone.

honestly no bias here but I don't think pickford did owt special at all, remarkable only for flapping his tiny little arms about a lot and hoofing the ball aimlessly up field.

:)

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

I've only just discovered that Cole Palmer is mixed race. His dad is from St Kitts and Nevis. Well blow me down with a feather!