Euro 24

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

Southgate gone

Just you wait. He'll come back, then lose confidence and give up again.

He’s done a lot more good than bad for England. Fuck knows what the average England fan thinks they’re entitled to given the record of the previous half dozen…

• Like 4

Good for him and good for the team, I reckon. He hands the whole thing over in so much of a better state than he inherited it. 

Am I right in recalling that he was appointed at the end of a long search in which the FA just kept getting knockbacks, and Southgate was seen as an interim? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Good for him and good for the team, I reckon. He hands the whole thing over in so much of a better state than he inherited it. 

Am I right in recalling that he was appointed at the end of a long search in which the FA just kept getting knockbacks, and Southgate was seen as an interim? 

Pretty much aye. The work he's put into the infrastructure of the whole England set up cannot be understated, but now we'll appoint Klopp who'll fuck the whole thing raw just because he's German.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Wasn't it after the Fat Sam thing?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Well he got the gig after Dan Adhworth’s first choice revealed himself to be solely motivated by greed

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The weirdest thing of the lot is Allardyce never having returned, despite the numerous opportunities, to his beloved Sunderland 

• Haha 11

29 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He’s done a lot more good than bad for England. Fuck knows what the average England fan thinks they’re entitled to given the record of the previous half dozen…

I want a manager that has an apparent plan for the players we have.

Southgate had a plan for a while, but when he had to pick a different squad as time moved on he just seemed to give up on having one at all. That Kalvin Phillips quote is it in a nutshell.

I dont care enough about the england team to watch "results are all that matters" football, I gave up on this euros by slovakia. When you can get the same entertainment from checking the result after the match is over that you can from watching it whats the point?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

howe hasn't released a statement yet saying he's not Interested in the job.

bit concerning.

Aye. It’s been at least 10 minutes since Southgate resigned. 

Wet Myself Emily Blunt GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye. It’s been at least 10 minutes since Southgate resigned. 

Wet Myself Emily Blunt GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

that's ample time if you ask me.

anyway buckle in, i reckon we're about to experience far more noise than the chook to liverpool!

Howe's a bit tied up at the minute trying to get Gordon to stop laughing at the news and get back to training.

• Haha 3

I'd be amazed if Howe isn't top of their list.

Howe constantly talks about how everything for him is about working with players every day and seeing where he can make improvements to their game. Which is absolutely not what the England job would offer him. 

However, the England job would offer him a crack at the World Cup in two years with a brilliant squad of players, so there are other temptations. There's also the complete unknown of whether the offer will ever come your way again if you knock it back once. 

I'm talking myself into believing he might take it if it's offered. :lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

howe hasn't released a statement yet saying he's not Interested in the job.

bit concerning.

So Darren’s wife Dawn is the besty of the girl who used to clean for Tindle so am taking this as gospel 😆

Spencer is known as “Victor” as in “Meldrew” because he’s a miserable gooner cunt 😀

IMG_5183.jpeg

• Haha 4