Euro 24

8 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I've been to both, (well, Stoke's old ground). Think Vale is in the Burslam district without checking? Messrs Robbie Williams and Stanley Matthews both hailed from Stoke. :D

But you're right about the flags, they're the tournament fans because of course they are. (The alternative is lower league football with the occasional cup final against Sunderland). :good:

Port Vale is Burslem, aye. I think it’s one of the only clubs in the league system that’s not named after an actual place. 

• Like 3

Going off topic but speaking of Stanley Matthews, I don't know if I'm imagining it but I'm pretty sure growing up Matthews was meant to be the greatest English footballer? (Not saying he was), whenever football journalists and pundits spoke. Now Bobby Charlton had been retired over a decade by then but I'm sure the general consensus was it was Matthews? But when Charlton died recently it was 100% Charlton. What changed apart from the journalists and pundits being younger? Charlton obviously never came out of retirement and swept up a few more trophies? Does Blackpool and Stoke not have the same gravitas to the big 6 centric pundits?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Always thought Duncan Edwards was supposed to be the best English player ever, albeit with a life cut tragically short

Think he was viewed as potentially the best. Matthews achievements and longevity were amazing though. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

Always thought Duncan Edwards was supposed to be the best English player ever, albeit with a life cut tragically short

As Alex has said, ie Edwards. From memory it was always Matthews. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol: 

Jamie Carragher: "I'm sure Jude Bellingham would love to try the Premier League one day. And where better than Liverpool, six-time Champions of Europe?" Thierry Henry: "He is playing for a club that has won 14 Champions Leagues."

Edited by Tdansmith
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rumours abound that Bellingham is a self obsessed dickhead and none of the England players like him 

Must admit he pissed me off watching him as a lot of the time when we were under attack he would just stroll along.

11 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rumours abound that Bellingham is a self obsessed dickhead and none of the England players like him 

I'm gonna start calling you Fleetwood Mac. 

• Haha 7

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It would explain why a lad with his money and resources spends more than a minute in sunderland -

The shit one - “ Hey bro, I’ve got a week off, shall I come to Madrid and see you and your pals?”

The good one -“ Nah bro, I’ll come to you, show me how it is in medieval times”

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It would explain why a lad with his money and resources spends more than a minute in sunderland -

The shit one - “ Hey bro, I’ve got a week off, shall I come to Madrid and see you and your pals?”

The good one -“ Nah bro, I’ll come to you, show me how it is in medieval times”

fucking hell, imagine being hated that much that the only apparent solution is to escape to sunderland.

that's fucking grim man.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

fucking hell, imagine being hated that much that the only apparent solution is to escape to sunderland.

that's fucking grim man.

Jude: "Bro, nobody really likes me here, I'm sick as fuck."

Shit one: "Come and stay here with me in Sunderland on your weekend off, they'll love you."

Jude: "Because I'm your brother?"

Shit one: "No, because you're a bit famous now and you'd be visiting their shit town which everyone ignores. Just say 'I hate the Mags anaarl' and the locals will offer their daughters to perform any sex act you desire."

Jude: "Really?"

Shit one: "Yeah it's..... Oh hang on a minute, Jude, here's one passing now.....I HATE THE MAGS ANAARL....."

[Distant voice] "Gerrin! Ahl send our Alison over to cleyn ya pipe, marra."

Shit One: "See? Works every time."

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

A cursory read of that says that he’s not so much actually disliked by his England team mates, but is more a victim of the very English disease of “let’s bring down someone who’s talented and knows it”. 

The lad is very, very good. 

I think we’d all agree on that. 

Why he should conform to the media driven expectation to be humble about that is less his problem and more the problem of Ingeerlund supporters and its media. 

The fact he’s black has no bearing on this, at all, obviously. 

IMG_3126.gif

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

I thought the reply below had to be a parody account, then I looked at his other posts. 

How the fuck is this shit not in violation of the racism policies of twitter? 

Yes , I know Musk has 100% red -pilled, but this is a global company- you can’t just let cunts like this spread their bile with no repercussions. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

A cursory read of that says that he’s not so much actually disliked by his England team mates, but is more a victim of the very English disease of “let’s bring down someone who’s talented and knows it”. 

The lad is very, very good. 

I think we’d all agree on that. 

Why he should conform to the media driven expectation to be humble about that is less his problem and more the problem of Ingeerlund supporters and its media. 

The fact he’s black has no bearing on this, at all, obviously. 

IMG_3126.gif

I don't see colour✊🏾 ✊🏻

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I thought the reply below had to be a parody account, then I looked at his other posts. 

How the fuck is this shit not in violation of the racism policies of twitter? 

Yes , I know Musk has 100% red -pilled, but this is a global company- you can’t just let cunts like this spread their bile with no repercussions. 

Jesus titty fucking christ

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Jaysus... 2