Euro 24

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He scored ~45 odd goals this season. He clearly is a class player that looks like he is carrying an injury and plays in a system where nobody runs in behind him. 

Agreed with the injury. But pundits up and down the country have said the same as have fans and yet he starts. He's been poor. 

Bellingham has been poor apart from 20 mins in the first game and an overhead kick. 

Southgate isn't going to change now. Maybe might start with Shaw. 

Mainoo and Foden looked really good together. 

5 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

He scored ~45 odd goals this season. He clearly is a class player that looks like he is carrying an injury and plays in a system where nobody runs in behind him. 

So he doesn’t work in this side?

I know it’s easier to come on as a sub against a tired defence but Toney and Watkins have looked so much more dangerous than Kane.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

assist and goal from the subs made by gareth yet AGAIN but some of you think you know better than him

Celebration Team GIF by BBC

Fuck Off

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, ewerk said:

I know it’s easier to come on as a sub against a tired defence but Toney and Watkins have looked so much more dangerous than Kane.

Nobody has worked in this side until tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

He’s been immobile for about 3 seasons now. I genuinely think he holds back the team a bit. I’m not sure I buy this notion he’s clearly carrying an injury. I can’t say I’ve seen enough to comment but would suggest Bayern dominate a lot of matches. They also failed to win the league for the first time in god knows how long and weren’t even close in the end. They didn’t win any trophies at all which is very unusual. So can you say all those goals have improved them as a team? Watkins and Toney both offer more imo. He’ll 100% start in the final though. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Bellingham has been poor apart from 20 mins in the first game and an overhead kick. 

I was very surprised to see Foden off before Bellingham.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

He works in this side when playing Gibraltar

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

This poor cunt. 

Aye. Clearly devastated they think he looks like him 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If he'd taken off Kane, Saka and Bellingham, moved Foden to 10, flanked by Gordon and Palmer with Watkins up front, that game would have been dead and buried long before the 91st minute. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

IMG_5131.jpeg

The first touch was class so it was anything but textbook Defoe 

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Alex said:

He’s been immobile for about 3 seasons now. I genuinely think he holds back the team a bit. I’m not sure I buy this notion he’s clearly carrying an injury. I can’t say I’ve seen enough to comment but would suggest Bayern dominate a lot of matches. They also failed to win the league for the first time in god knows how long and weren’t even close in the end. They didn’t win any trophies at all which is very unusual. So can you say all those goals have improved them as a team? Watkins and Toney both offer more imo. He’ll 100% start in the final though. 

It’s a bit like Shearer needing players to do his running. When Kane has Muisala, Coman, Sane running off him and feeding him bullets then he will score. He is a lethal finisher. 

i agree that his style won’t fit many teams though. He’d be shite for NUFC as the press would fail miserably.

• Like 4

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

It’s a bit like Shearer needing players to do his running. When Kane has Muisala, Coman, Sane running off him and feeding him bullets then he will score. He is a lethal finisher. 

i agree that his style won’t fit many teams though. He’d be shite for NUFC as the press would fail miserably.

When Shearer needed players to do his running he was about 75% of his former self and nowhere near the world class striker he once was. Remind you of anybody? 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Alex said:

When Shearer needed players to do his running he was about 75% of his former self and nowhere near the world class striker he once was. Remind you of anybody? 

Andy Carroll ? 😉

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Bellingham’s physicality gives him the edge I think. Purely in terms of the thought process here I mean, and in the match situation. You can’t bully him out the game in the same way 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

Roy Keane saying the best teams always win the tournaments ignoring that Greece won it 20 years ago and were shite :lol:

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Roy Keane saying the best teams always win the tournaments ignoring that Greece won it 20 years ago and were shite :lol:

Didn’t he say the opposite?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Didn’t he say the opposite?

No he said the best teams win it and someone said not always though Roy, blah blah blah. That said I was only half paying attention because Roy Keane is a dog nonce, but still.

• Haha 3