Euro 24

3 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

and now it's time for the posturing, jaw clenching,, 2 times ex man utd, geriatric rapist, thundercunt show.

allez les bleu.

Heard Ronaldo voted tories as well

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Wait how are you not Ronaldo's NUMBER ONE fan? He's the ultimate show pony footballer. A one-man step over machine in his pomp. 

It's like he was made in a lab to appeal to you. 

No Way Smh GIF by MOODMAN

8 hours ago, RobElliott said:

Heard Ronaldo voted tories as well

Twice 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Wait how are you not Ronaldo's NUMBER ONE fan? He's the ultimate show pony footballer. A one-man step over machine in his pomp. 

It's like he was made in a lab to appeal to you. 

He’s white 👍🏻
Edit: safety wink——-> ;)

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 2

The team tonight apparently (not sure where Pickford has gone). I imagine we will end up with 7 players in defence at some points, a massive gap in the middle and 3 players isolated up front 

IMG_1917.thumb.jpeg.c22b2a1cbcd306a58eb7bdde47186ab5.jpeg

That absolute clown selecting an injured LB  who hasn't played in 4 months, and has a history of breaking down when returning from injury, for a one month long competition.

And then deciding that he was the only player required in that position. So now the only player from our faltering attack that you could say was functioning remotely well, is moved to the wrong side and the wrong end of the pitch. 

Arsehole. 

• Like 3

Saka looked quite comfortable there when he slotted in at LB. But that was doing a job for the team for part of a match. Also in a back four. He’ll be expected to provide the left hand side width playing as a WB in a 3/5 at the back on his wrong side now. Eze looked good on the left too and, along with Gordon, seems a much better option there. Southgate seems absolutely clueless at this point 

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Saka looked quite comfortable there when he slotted in at LB. But that was doing a job for the team for part of a match. Also in a back four. He’ll be expected to provide the left hand side width playing as a WB in a 3/5 at the back on his wrong side now. Eze looked good on the left too and, along with Gordon, seems a much better option there. Southgate seems absolutely clueless at this point 

Saka is left footed so he has the “right” foot to play that position, I suppose. But it feels like he’s scrambling, taking one of the best inverted wingers in the league and playing him in a position he’s barely performed for years. He’s basically also taking Ian Wright’s advice too, which smacks of desperation.

I guess you can say at least he’s trying something different because we have stunk out the tournament so far. It’s so defensive though. Surely you don’t need Rice and Mainoo in front of a back three. If he is going to play this formation he should drop Mainoo for a more attacking player.

I still can’t believe Gordon isn’t getting a sniff 

• Like 2

If the full backs don’t get high and stay high it leaves us with five at the back and just three attackers. Three at the back could be the way to go, but surely not set up like this 

Posted (edited)

If he goes 3 at the back then he as no option other to play Saka there. TAA should be the other wing back.  I’d let Rice sit then Bellingham and Foden as 8s. You could then argue whether to play someone off or alongside Kane as well. 

Not ideal. Again, this is all down to him not selecting a fit LB in the squad. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

Surely we don’t need Rice and Mainoo screening the back three. Stones can step into midfield when we’re in possession. 

It’s too defensive. Same problem we had in the euro final with the Rice and Kalvin Phillips double pivot 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

What have gordon and palmer got to do man? 

Keep quiet and come home fit. Then be incited to show cocknocker what he missed for the season.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves
  • Like 4

He just needs to swap in Konsa for Guehi, play Gordon and Palmer on the wings and pick one of Bellingham/Foden to play no10.

This is game number 5 where players haven't performed and have been put straight back in for the next match. Foden and Saka have created fuck all on the wings. As soon as we play someone half decent we are going to get turned over 

• Like 1

I know it's silly to think this at this stage, but surely it would be worth considering also starting with Kane on the bench and giving Toney or Watkins the opportunity to get at the Swiss defense? Then change it up by bringing Kane on.

• Like 1

if the change in formation is as some predict then maybe it makes sense not to change too much personnel wise

-----------Pickford

---Walks - Stones - Konsa

Trips - Mainoo - Rice - Saka

------ Foden - Bellend

----------- Kane

Left footed Saka and right footed Trips on their preferred foot.

Space for Trips and Saka out wide.

Mainoo will push forward, it's in his nature ( i'm not sure his defending is that good so that's okay )

but they need to trust each other in tight spaces and move the ball quickly especially when they're set.

i just hope it's not the same old back 4 setup

I'm no tactical expert like but Southgate persistently gets less out of this team than the sum of its parts. Think a decent manager would have seen this team properly compete in WCs and ECs. Also they're shit to watch. Never mind, as you were... 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm no tactical expert like but Southgate persistently gets less out of this team than the sum of its parts. Think a decent manager would have seen this team properly compete in WCs and ECs. Also they're shit to watch. Never mind, as you were... 

Might be harsh to say we haven’t competed like :lol: Get the sentiment though