Euro 24

Heartbreaking for Slovenia that 1on1 chance (Isak buries that btw, Sesko shmesko) and then not scoring a single penalty, Would have been amusing to see Ronaldo cry again. Hope France batter them.

I bet they’re all fucking sick of him wasting every set piece. He’s obviously been an incredible player for them over the years. But surely, given he’s a shadow of his former self, he should be a bit part player for a side with a genuine chance of winning the whole thing. But no. It’s the Ronaldo must score show. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I can't remember how it was in previous tournaments now but it seems obvious that Southgate has no system or playstyle other than a vague leaning towards safe possession. He is completely reliant on moments of individual brilliance from very good players, and that is hurting us. Players like Foden are used to working in a well drilled and well planned system to achieve things, he would normally know where he's meant to be at all times. With Southgate I don't think anyone knows where they're meant to be all over the pitch.

We need an actual manager after this, someone with a style of play and a vision for implementing it. Who will pick players to suit that style of play.

Last night has just about killed my interest in this now. I barely cared when we equalised, very similar view to Alex on it - wasn't deserved. 

I think previously he had a group of experienced pros in a side that almost picked itself when everyone was fit. Now he’s got serious attacking options and it’s revealed just how out of his depth he is at this level 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I bet they’re all fucking sick of him wasting every set piece. He’s obviously been an incredible player for them over the years. But surely, given he’s a shadow of his former self, he should be a bit part player for a side with a genuine chance of winning the whole thing. But no. It’s the Ronaldo must score show. 

It would have been class to see the other Portugal players giggling at the sight of him crying. He’s in the squad because he doesn’t like to be told no, he takes all set pieces because he doesn’t like to be told no, he was arrested over an incident with an American lass because he doesn’t like to be told no.

The dispatches episode on this cunt will be explosive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Alex said:

I bet Ronald Koeman can still take a better free kick than him. In fact, I bet Sinisa Mihajlovic can 

Liam O'Brien: "Ah, sure you just walk up casually to a free kick, no drama or clenched jaws and you'll find the ball usually goes in the far corner of the net, not a problem. It helps if you're at roker park, mind."

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I bet Ronald Koeman can still take a better free kick than him. In fact, I bet Sinisa Mihajlovic can 

Any excuse for this…. it’s one of my favourite football clips. Not sure if I’d have wanted to have a pint with him but he was a god level set piece merchant ☺️

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Any excuse for this…. it’s one of my favourite football clips. Not sure if I’d have wanted to have a pint with him but he was a god level set piece merchant ☺️

There’s a story I read about when he was at Lazio and his then manager Sven had a bet that he couldn’t take a goal kick which cleared the fence at the other end of the training pitch. Which I think was about 10 metres back from the pitch and about the same height. He supposedly did it comfortably at tye first attempt. He was an absolute heed case like 

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

takes some doing being the biggest dickhead in a team that includes bruno fernandez and joao cancelo

I was going to say that :lol: Bunch of cheating, crying diving detestable pricks the lot of them

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Watching Holland abandon traditional values snd 4-3-3 with proper wingers  Johan Cruiff is probably turning in his grave

As Jan Olsson's coffin inexplicably skids off into the distance.

• Like 1