Euro 24

14 hours ago, Alex said:

Same team for me. Or keep Saka in then have Gordon or Palmer as the option on the bench. At least one of those two should start. Saka hasn’t impressed but being the only one in the side capable of making runs behind their defence has made it difficult for him. I.e. defences being able to double up on him. Due to them knowing he’s the only one in the front 4 (of the starting XIs so far) with genuine pace. Honestly though, you could make a good case for any of Saka, Kane, Bellingham or Foden not starting. If you don’t perform and still start, what sort of message does that send to the likes of Toney, Gordon, Watkins and Palmer? It might actually help those players you leave out. As there’s usually more gaps etc if you come in for the last 30 mins or so. Might give them a much needed kick up the jacksie too. As Holden says though, all this discussion seems a bit moot. 

I see you have Saka as the only one of the front 4 with genuine pace. At the last world cup Saka was clocked at 33.2 km/h, a little slower than englands third fastest player Foden who clocked 33.6 km/h. ( Walker was fastest at 34.4 and Gashford second at 34.2)

tbf not many realise just how quick foden is.

More recently Foden was clocked as Englands second quickest in the opening week (after Walker oc)  euro 2024 link 

Having said that Walker isn't the fastest player in Citys squad. Can you guess without looking it up? 

Gordon is obviously quicker but will he get the chance to show it.

Fodens having to go hunt the ball as he isn't getting it wide left. Not really fair, but life isn't

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

I see you have Saka as the only one of the front 4 with genuine pace. At the last world cup Saka was clocked at 33.2 km/h, a little slower than englands third fastest player Foden who clocked 33.6 km/h. ( Walker was fastest at 34.4 and Gashford second at 34.2)

tbf not many realise just how quick foden is.

More recently Foden was clocked as Englands second quickest in the opening week (after Walker oc)  euro 2024 link 

Having said that Walker isn't the fastest player in Citys squad. Can you guess without looking it up? 

Gordon is obviously quicker but will he get the chance to show it.

Fodens having to go hunt the ball as he isn't getting it wide left. Not really fair, but life isn't

Doku?

8 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Fastest players are never who you think. It’s probably Ake over 20 yards or so

strike 3 ain't ake

and if Walker isn't the quickest at City then he's nowhere near the quickest in the PL.

Of course the table could be bollox

image.thumb.png.a30b0c025314963dfc7583f8daea5038.png

27 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

might well be true. i just searched for the fastest and saw an article saying nunez and that table. 

It’s a slightly misleading stat anyway. I mean the players on the list were clocked at that speed. Making them literally the fastest. But quickest from a standing start over 10 or 20 metres might be a different set of players. As would quickest with the ball at their feet. Less easy to quantify in a match though 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s a slightly misleading stat anyway. I mean the players on the list were clocked at that speed. Making them literally the fastest. But quickest from a standing start over 10 or 20 metres might be a different set of players. As would quickest with the ball at their feet. Less easy to quantify in a match though 

Exactly, Paul Dummett was in one of these lists not so long ago.

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

Exactly, Paul Dummett was in one of these lists not so long ago.

In fairness, he was in the back of an ambulance when he got clocked.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

i'd be one of the quickest from the top of a tall building

I won't ask you to prove it.

I tried to watch the Georgia Portugal match when I got home from work on Wednesday late evening and it just kept hoying up the fucking mind numbing England match from the night before anyone else managed to get ITVX to actually fucking work ?

And Sundays match is on ITV ffs  and I’m at work again 😑

The bbc may be shite but at least the iplayer works.