Euro 24

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Just dont say Gallagher. 

Who do you prefer? 

Probably Edgar but definitely Mainoo or Bellingham. TAA hasn’t played enough there. It’s too different to FB in terms of where you receive the ball, the time and space etc. He’s got the attributes to play there in terms of physicality and skill set but not the know how and experience at present. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Dave, with respect, how THE FUCK would you know anything about delivering instructions to a barber. 

Fuck you, I remember my teenage years with a fair degree of clarity! You'll remember the 90s, that would have been around the time of your first marriage ending.

• Haha 1

-------------Pickford---------

Walker--Stones--Guehi--Shaw

---------Rice----Mainoo------

Palmer---Bellingham---Gordon

-------------Kane------------

But bring on the likes of Watkins, Toney, Bowen, Eze, Wharton with 20-30mins to go to stretch the game. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Walker--Stones--Guehi--Shaw

---------Rice----Mainoo------

Palmer---Bellingham---Gordon

But bring on the likes of Watkins, Toney, Bowen, Eze, Wharton with 20-30mins to go to stretch the game. 

that looks good enough, though shaw is apparently nowhere near matxh fitness - ridiculous to bring only one natural left back, who is injured. 

i'd go like this for Slovakia 

Walker--Stones--Guehi--Trippier

---------Rice----Bellingham------

Palmer---Foden---Gordon

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

that looks good enough, though shaw is apparently nowhere near matxh fitness - ridiculous to bring only one natural left back, who is injured. 

Palmer---Foden---Gordon

Same. Id be tempted to swap Gomez for Trippier but with Gordon in front of him he might have an opening to tuck inside and get some shots/inswingers in.

46 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Same. Id be tempted to swap Gomez for Trippier but with Gordon in front of him he might have an opening to tuck inside and get some shots/inswingers in.

Gomez is also right footed so I don't see him as any more of an upgrade at LB tbh 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Gomez is also right footed so I don't see him as any more of an upgrade at LB tbh 

He is more athletic, has played there regularly this season and would offer more flexibility in tucking in to be a 3rd CB while Walker can go high ( a bit like Man City / we do). 

It’s a moot point though as Southgate will stick with the same team (bar Mainoo) on Sunday. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Palmer---Foden---Gordon

Same team for me. Or keep Saka in then have Gordon or Palmer as the option on the bench. At least one of those two should start. Saka hasn’t impressed but being the only one in the side capable of making runs behind their defence has made it difficult for him. I.e. defences being able to double up on him. Due to them knowing he’s the only one in the front 4 (of the starting XIs so far) with genuine pace. Honestly though, you could make a good case for any of Saka, Kane, Bellingham or Foden not starting. If you don’t perform and still start, what sort of message does that send to the likes of Toney, Gordon, Watkins and Palmer? It might actually help those players you leave out. As there’s usually more gaps etc if you come in for the last 30 mins or so. Might give them a much needed kick up the jacksie too. As Holden says though, all this discussion seems a bit moot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Southgate putting some sun protection on as he goes in the swimming pool on holiday....

41928484f24910764d6e06985b0849f5--milita

Southgate hovers over the bog to avoid germs when having a shit in his own toilet. 

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Southgate putting some sun protection on as he goes in the swimming pool on holiday....

41928484f24910764d6e06985b0849f5--milita

southgate and the mrs getting it on

image.gif.a3cf2c89d4a3c92d0c419b289127450c.gif

• Haha 4