Euro 24

Southgate making a cunt of Gordon there like. If by some fluke it comes off they’ll say it was great, but what you meant to do as a winger in that amount of time? Honestly think he wants him to fuck up by trying too hard in the tiny amount of time he had (to prove a point because he doesn’t rate him). 

Edited by Alex

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Mainoo played well

He's got to fucking change it but he won't. He's a boring cunt. 

I think Mainoo will start the next game. That’s your one and only change imo

Edited by Alex

He'll never drop Kane, but he's been fucking hopeless. England always does this though with the sacred cow players who simply have to be picked even if clearly unfit. 

Anyway, Southgate's got 5 days or so to rub his chin and then completely bottle another team selection.

Give it to Ange. 

• Haha 2

Tremendous entertainment (not) he makes a change which isn’t a change by bringing Gallagher in, then changes it up at half time which again isn’t a really any change by bringing Mainoo on for Gallagher. Genius stuff 😂

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He'll never drop Kane, but he's been fucking hopeless. England always does this though with the sacred cow players who simply have to be picked even if clearly unfit. 

Anyway, Southgate's got 5 days or so to rub his chin and then completely bottle another team selection.

Give it to Ange. 

That’s another thing. If you’re going to persist with Kane. Consider he’s a 30 year old, whose legs have gone a bit and who’s come off the back of a long hard season. Also playing in very warm conditions tonight. AND DON’T PLAY HIM THE FULL 90 MINUTES! Give Watkins or Toney a good 25 minutes. What’s the point of running Kane into the ground in a match situation like that? If Kane doesn’t like getting taken off when he hasn’t scored, so fucking what? 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Bellingham was poor tonight. Saka anonymous too. 

Mainoo, Gordon and Palmer should

start the next game but it's never gonna happen!

Bellingham from what I've seen had a decent half in the first game and the rest been nowhere. 

You hear about people sometimes saying why doesn't Southgate get the respect Venables and Robson gets? Well time and nostalgia plays a part but also stuff like this tournament, like getting one of the easiest run ins to a WC semi final you're likely to get, taking the lead and then snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, getting a home tournament final at home, taking the lead and doing the same, not having bravery when bravery is required, showing some balls and dropping certain players even if they're sacrosanct or play for certain untouchable clubs. Would you rather be slated for sticking to the same routine and regretting it later on or being the one who introduced the next best things? We had already qualified before KO but had looked very stale and pedestrian so it was almost a no brainer to change it significantly but he is who he is and that's unlikely to change. Honestly never rated the bloke as a manager and there's NEVER been a time I'd have wanted the bloke anywhere near NUFC. I'm sure he's a lovely person etc but he's just got too negative a mindset to win tournaments. (And as I've said loads of times, I'm not even a big England fan if I'm one at all?)

• Like 6