Euro 24

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i love his swagger. the shithouse way he tried to hype up the crowd then deliberately walk into that serbian player who had been kicking lumps out of him was super - as was the arrogant look of disdain he gave another player who tried to hack him down. he's a winner. i hope his mentality can balance out the kane curse. 

I was just going to say, I like how he goes from confident to arrogant in a short space.  He's class.

7 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

most effective? coming inside.

as for theoretical positions, he does play out wide sometimes but not as much as he used to.

you'll normally see chalk on doku, guardiol or grealish's boots on the the left wing with bernado, foden or walker out on the right.

but we change it around so much

i'm not sure that bellingham passed to him last night. made me wonder if there is animosity between the two from the CL. but then i realised bellingham doesn't like to pass to anyone.

stupid observation. bellingham is obviously way better than kalvin phillips but england seemed to have a better balance when he linked with rice. bellingham has changed the dynamic from a team performance to the bellend show.

just to be clear, KP is rubbish now.

Interested GIF by Nick Cannon

think a massive problem was shaw not being fit last night. don't like shaw but trippier just isn't up to it on the left anymore.

At City we like to push our full backs high and wide, chalk on the boots. interchanging with the wingers. allows the wingers to play inside. foden benefits from that style. 

also the year pre haaland we played foden (amongst others)  as a false 9 and won the league.

pickford looked ok yesterday. looks a prick but did ok.

stones looked a little rusty. hopefully he'll shake it in time for more serious games.

was impressed with guehi last night. not sure he's along term solution but he did a job.

walker was decent.

trips just looks past it. but you guys know better than me.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Interested GIF by Nick Cannon

well i was asked my opinion and i watch every game so i have one. although my memory is gone.

he may be listed wide in a front 3, but that's not where he stays.

1 minute ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Dont think he's had a consistent run of games since coming back from injury.

fair enough.

i just don't see him as a left back.

but then we are short on options

6 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

i know he scores goals, but kane just looks like a cart horse

i don't think he had a touch in the first half 

34 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just a bit of a typical American question when you meet them on your hols or whatever and they learn you’re from England. 

I actually got that when I was asked where I was from at a street market in Chicago, not "John" but "OH! the UK, I have a friend in Birmingham, perhaps you know him". 

But also in hotel lift talking to the Mrs and yank said "oh, your accent, are you from Alabama" 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

well i was asked my opinion and i watch every game so i have one. although my memory is gone.

he may be listed wide in a front 3, but that's not where he stays.

I agree with you plus I have a gaffer who is a City fan and he said the same.  It's just others have very bandaged dodgy WUM ideas.

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i don't think he had a touch in the first half 

Two touches.

I don't think he looks fit.  He played well second half in terms of relieving pressure and winning free kicks. But as an attacking threat he didn't offer anything.

7 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

I actually got that when I was asked where I was from at a street market in Chicago, not "John" but "OH! the UK, I have a friend in Birmingham, perhaps you know him". 

But also in hotel lift talking to the Mrs and yank said "oh, your accent, are you from Alabama" 

I got asked if I was German once. I think I mentioned it before on here but we did get asked if we knew someone (happened on more than one occasion) but this particular time his auntie live in the Spinney in Heaton. I suppose it has to happen occasionally. Not that we knew her but we at least knew exactly where he meant 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Two touches.

I don't think he looks fit.  He played well second half in terms of relieving pressure and winning free kicks. But as an attacking threat he didn't offer anything.

No decent service, got one chance, brilliant save denied him. Missing 2/3 times when ball was squared across goal though… 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

fair enough.

i just don't see him as a left back.

but then we are short on options

Yeah, first and foremost he is a different player from left back and right back. He is a non-attacking threat when on the left but very creative on the right. Secondly, he hasn't been in the best of form since he left the England camp a few months back. He is also struggled for fitness when he has got back. All in all I thought he did well last night in an unfamiliar position. You take away all his positive attributes when playing LB. I think Walker would also be the same.

Edit: As England are scrapping the barrel for LBs I'd be tempted to play Joe Gomez there and tuck in a bit. Maybe play Gordon down the wing. with Walker pushing up the other.  It would be pretty lopsided but Tripper offers very little attacking threat down that wing anyway.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

We got 3 points on the board against a a Serbian side who have dangerous players such as Mitro, Vlahovic and Mil Savic (not going to attempt the full spelling) and yet the media are pouring over it as if we were beaten. It wasn't the best 2nd half performance but it was job done. We could put 3 or 4 past Denmark and all of this negativity would be long forgotten about. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I agree with you plus I have a gaffer who is a City fan and he said the same.  It's just others have very bandaged dodgy WUM ideas.

Fodens heatmap for 2024

fIEkAhp.png

Heatmap for 2023

yQreBmf.png

Southgate spelling it out for you:

'I can't play Phil Foden in the middle': Gareth Southgate insists Manchester City star can only play out wide as England boss reveals talks with 'best coach in the world' Pep Guardiola over his ideal position."

‘He doesn’t play there for his club, so presumably there is a reason for that,’
‘You’d have to speak to Pep, who is the best coach in the world, who plays him wide.

Guardiola and Southgate BOTH telling you he is a wideman but you're still trying to argue.

Honestly, its time to admit, talking football just isn't for you.

Go sit in the corner of your bedroom with a glass of water ready for Callum when he needs to rehydrate in between rounds.

6VB7Ry3.gif

6 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Ninja I Will Not Stop GIF by Adult Swim

Is this some residual animosity from the CL semi final? I haven't seen much about Bellingham not to like so far.

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Is this some residual animosity from the CL semi final? I haven't seen much about Bellingham not to like so far.

you got more than a glimpse of his personality when he "bumped" that serbian guy

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

you got more than a glimpse of his personality when he "bumped" that serbian guy

i thought that was class. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Honestly, it’s time to admit, talking football just isn't for you.

Sick Burn GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2