Euro 24

He said the best teams don’t always win, that’s tournament football. Or similar I think 

Just now, Alex said:

He said I suck off dogs, to be sure, to be sure.

I know, that’s what I said.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I know, that’s what I said.

That’s what you said? You might want to internalise those thoughts, mate 👍🏻

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

That’s what you said? You might want to internalise those thoughts, mate 👍🏻

Don’t try to happy Gilmore me, I’m not shooter mcgavin 

• Haha 3

I will spend the first three weeks in August close to Eddie Howe’s birthplace as almost every year. It will be unbearable if you win it but after tonight I am actually not that bothered as you did well.

I do still hope Spain will win it though.

Enjoy being in the final after a really poor start to the tournament. Just the tension and excitement is really nice as I can tell you after watching wins and defeats in 82, 86, 90, 92, 96, 02, 08, 14 😉

Honestly, just enjoy it. Maybe it really is your time this time.

• Haha 3

First half was good. Southgate out thought himself at half time, went to a back 4 for 15 minutes and we lost all momentum.

He switched back when he realised he fucked up, then we got a late winner again. 

More luck than judgement. Sometimes better to be lucky than good, the Southgate family motto 

• Like 2

Well done England 😆 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 I had to work tonight then drive nearly two hours home 🥱so a bit knackered but just seen Watkins goal what a fuckin player man. His performance at Villa Park the season before last was the best I’ve seen from a striker since Ageuro used to regularly bum us to death . Lots of people phoning 5 live still not happy with Southgate and Kane though :lol: 

• Like 2

That was some finish from Watkins. Really looking forward to the final. 

The Watkins goal was a proper David Platt moment, where as soon as it went in, you knew it was the winner cos there was so little time left in the game. Seen it a few times again this morning and it's brilliant. 

It's a shame he won't drop Kane cos they would start the final with a better chance of winning with Watkins up front. 

9 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Don’t try to happy Gilmore me, I’m not shooter mcgavin 

692664f6-11c6-49c6-b889-6377c287127c_tex

• Haha 2

I mean fuck all that. The football has been mind numbingly boring to watch, we’ve scraped through a fair few games by the skin of our teeth against lesser teams and he has nowhere near got the best out of the talent available to him.

A better manager could have romped home with that squad, playing good football.

• Like 8

Just now, Christmas Tree said:

I mean fuck all that. The football has been mind numbingly boring to watch, we’ve scraped through a fair few games by the skin of our teeth against lesser teams and he has nowhere near got the best out of the talent available to him.

A better manager could have romped home with that squad, playing good football.

It's been fucking shite. 

Bellingham has been over hyped by himself. 

Kane is ready for Glue 

Trippier has had a fucking tonne of shite whilst Walker has got off Scott free. 

Rice has been shite

Yet we're in the final 😂 and I really couldn't care less if we win. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

@Gemmill

Fill it in and send it off

HwkbTSf.jpeg

Fuck that, he's still a super limited manager. I call him THE HANDBRAKE. Replace him with someone decent and the handbrake comes off. 

I hope he wins the tournament and goes out on a high cos he's done loads for the culture of the team, and has really supported the players through some absolute bullshit from fans and media. But he's undoubtedly holding this set of players back. 

And I understand how ridiculous it sounds to be saying that I want him to win the tournament so he can leave. But I'll not be the only one. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

@Gemmill

Fill it in and send it off

HwkbTSf.jpeg

"I don't know true managing actually is"

derp face Meme Generator - Imgflip

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Fuck that, he's still a super limited manager. I call him THE HANDBRAKE. Replace him with someone decent and the handbrake comes off. 

I hope he wins the tournament and goes out on a high cos he's done loads for the culture of the team, and has really supported the players through some absolute bullshit from fans and media. But he's undoubtedly holding this set of players back. 

And I understand how ridiculous it sounds to be saying that I want him to win the tournament so he can leave. But I'll not be the only one. 

It would be a brilliant way to end his tenure. He's got England further in competitions than most of the spuds that are foisted upon the English public, but he's absolutely a safety-first manager. Which would be fine if they had a limited squad, but some of the attacking talent at his disposal (and the paucity of defending talent) should mean they play more on the front-foot. Saka, Foden, Watkins, Toney, Palmer, Bellingham, Gordon, should not be hamstrung by favouring an increasingly static Harry Kane. 

He deserves more credit than he gets, but definitely deserves the criticism he gets.

• Like 4

Is there any argument still to be made for Kane starting the final? That was his sixth game of the tournament and he’s yet to play well. You’re going into the final and now is the time to be ruthless, there’s nothing to be gained in persisting with Kane up front. If he starts then I can see Spain having a field day as they will have nothing to worry about at the back. If you play Watkins or Toney then their mobility will cause Spain a lot more problems than Kane will.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Is there any argument still to be made for Kane starting the final? That was his sixth game of the tournament and he’s yet to play well. You’re going into the final and now is the time to be ruthless, there’s nothing to be gained in persisting with Kane up front. If he starts then I can see Spain having a field day as they will have nothing to worry about at the back. If you play Watkins or Toney then their mobility will cause Spain a lot more problems than Kane will.

No he shouldn't have played half as many minutes as he has. Watkins should have been on more. But will that change Southgate? 

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's not even like there aren't sufficiently capable leaders (or penalty takers) in the England squad. It would also be something Spain wouldn't expect. The Door and The Norman would expect a pretty easy day against the cinderblock, but Watkins will, at the very least, make them use some energy.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

From a style of play perspective then it should be Watkins, and it's not debatable for me. However, the fact that Kane is the captain is why I think he's still getting the nod.

• Like 2