Euro 24

On 03/07/2024 at 11:26, MrRaspberryJam said:

He's quality, Mourinho shunted him out at Roma saying he wasn't good enough. Absolute snip Bologna bagging him for 3.5m last summer.

On 02/07/2024 at 20:09, Holden McGroin said:

Who has impressed you this Euros?

I like the look of Christoph Baumgartner and Ricardo Calafiori.

off to Arsenal. Knocked me sick that. He’s class. And I want a long haired handsome Italian CB just for once in my lifetime. 

2 hours ago, Alex said:

I want Hurricane Higgins. Or at the very least Kirk Stevens. Failing that, Tony Knowles. 

Big Bill Werbeniuk or none at all :lol:

IMG_3067.thumb.jpeg.b8ba2afa8736405eeea437455e3751be.jpeg

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Big Bill Werbeniuk or none at all :lol:

IMG_3067.thumb.jpeg.b8ba2afa8736405eeea437455e3751be.jpeg

I’m sure I read somewhere that he used to be able to be able to claim all the booze as being tax deductible on medical grounds.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I’m sure I read somewhere that he used to be able to be able to claim all the booze as being tax deductible on medical grounds.

he needed to drink 6 pints before every game just to steady his cueing arm 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Bill.JPG

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

17399.jpg.a6b4fe5f2c520eae855d013ef9d362ab.jpg

🎵Hero! Hero! Hero!🎶

:lol:
He was basically a bladder on legs. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I knew he was a massive drinker to steady himself but never knew about claiming the beer as tax relief. :lol:

Work related consumables 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

So you weren’t born in England, but lived in Newcastle as a lad?… 

Born in North Shields of Glasgow stock (maternal side, grandfather distant relation of Billy Bremner) Grandfather Aberdeenshire (Paternal side). Great grandfather, career soldier, ended up RSM Northumberland Fusileers hence grandfather ended up in Newcastle where my dad was born.

I am a proud Northumbrian of Scots descent. Gods own brew 😘

P.S. my great uncle who's remains were just found was born in Dorset.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Born in North Shields of Glasgow stock (maternal side, grandfather distant relation of Billy Bremner) Grandfather Aberdeenshire (Paternal side). Great grandfather, career soldier, ended up RSM Northumberland Fusileers hence grandfather ended up in Newcastle where my dad was born.

I am a proud Northumbrian of Scots descent. Gods own brew 😘

P.S. my great uncle who's remains were just found was born in Dorset.

That explains a lot. :) 

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

That explains a lot. :) 

Very distant, not a ginger amongst us 😉

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

:munch:

Felix Zwayer.

I don't know a lot about this story, but on the face of it it is fucking CRAZY that this bloke is reffing a Euro semi at all, but particularly one with a lad playing that has previously called him a match fixer.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't know a lot about this story, but on the face of it it is fucking CRAZY that this bloke is reffing a Euro semi at all, but particularly one with a lad playing that has previously called him a match fixer.

Per his wiki page
“Zwayer assisted him in a match and accepted a bribe of 300 euros to avoid critical scenes for Wuppertaler SV.…

…In December 2021, Zwayer officiated a game between Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in which he was heavily criticised for not giving Dortmund a penalty and sending off coach Marco Rose. After the game, Dortmund's Jude Bellingham made reference to the Zwayer affair, saying: "You give a referee that has match fixed before the biggest game in Germany, what do you expect?"…

…He is also scheduled to referee the 2024 UEFA Euro semifinals match between England and Netherlands on 10 July 2024.”

IMG_3077.gif.66e568706fae3944d0577f6d6d497f87.gif

What odds on Bellingham getting red-carded then? 

• Haha 4

Great game and the commentator's talking utter shit when he really doesn't need to. I'd rather he just say the name's of whoever's on the ball and leave it at that and it would be a big improvement. :lol:

• Haha 1