Euro 24

3 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

England simply better without Foden, drop him Southgate.

What country are you from again?

And why do you give two flying fucks about England?

Seems more than most of the English folk on here.

It would be great just to see one of our best players on the pitch for his country.

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How the fuck are we still favourites for this 😂

It’ll be weighted by a combination of the probability and the amount that’s been bet in England. In reality I don’t think even the most ardent supporters think we’re most likely to win it. Given the way we’ve played, would a ‘shock’ defeat to the Swiss even be much of a shock? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’ll be weighted by a combination of the probability and the amount that’s been bet in England. In reality I don’t think even the most ardent supporters think we’re most likely to win it. Given the way we’ve played, would a ‘shock’ defeat to the Swiss even be much of a shock? 

No, I thought they looked good against Italy. Then after that it will be a worse than normal Holland or a lesser ranked team in the semis. England could reach the final having played nobody of any consequence. 

Devil's advocate, England historically improve as they go through competitions. I personally don't think the defence is up to olit this time round even if the bucked tooth loser gets a tune out of the midfield. 

• Like 2

TTA, Chilwell, Coady, James, Maguire, Mings, Shaw, Stones, Trippier, Walker 
Bellingham, Henderson, Mount, Phillips, Rice 
Calvert-Lewin, Foden, Grealish, Kane, Gashford, Saka, Sancho, Sterling

Walker, Shaw, Stones, Maguire, TTA, Trippier, Dier, Coady, White

Rice, Henderson, Phillips, Mount, Gallagher, Bellend
Grealish, Kane, Sterling, Gashford, Saka, Foden, Wilson, Maddison

Dunk, Gomez, Guehi, Konsa, Shaw, Stones, Trippier, Walker

TTA, Bellend, Gallagher, Mainoo, Rice, Wharton

Bowen, Eze, Foden, Gordon, Kane, Palmer, Saka, Toney, Watkins

forgetting Wesket for a moment, is the squad worse or maybe it just lacks balance?

LB aside, the squad isn't your problem. It's the XI that Southgate is choosing. That's four games in a row now where it clearly hasn't worked yet your useless manager continues to persist with it. That was a shambolic performance yesterday yet he waited until the 64th minute to make any sort of change and then a further 20 minutes before making another. 

England's biggest problem is clearly the manager.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ewerk said:

LB aside, the squad isn't your problem. It's the XI that Southgate is choosing. That's four games in a row now where it clearly hasn't worked yet your useless manager continues to persist with it. That was a shambolic performance yesterday yet he waited until the 64th minute to make any sort of change and then a further 20 minutes before making another. 

England's biggest problem is clearly the manager.

i agree it's mostly the manager. but then he was manager in the last few tournaments too.

I can't remember how it was in previous tournaments now but it seems obvious that Southgate has no system or playstyle other than a vague leaning towards safe possession. He is completely reliant on moments of individual brilliance from very good players, and that is hurting us. Players like Foden are used to working in a well drilled and well planned system to achieve things, he would normally know where he's meant to be at all times. With Southgate I don't think anyone knows where they're meant to be all over the pitch.

We need an actual manager after this, someone with a style of play and a vision for implementing it. Who will pick players to suit that style of play.

Last night has just about killed my interest in this now. I barely cared when we equalised, very similar view to Alex on it - wasn't deserved. 

• Like 2

I think England will get pumped by Switzerland if he goes in with the same team.

The Swiss looked like a well-drilled club side vs Italy and England look like a Soccer Aid rabble that have never met and have just been thrown together by a celebrity manager. 

• Haha 2