Euro 24

image.png

If Southgate doesn't make changes for the next game then hes deliberately throwing away our chances of winning.

Its nothing to do with having our best players on the pitch its to do with having a cohesive team that can control a game and make chances.

If you watched that match and thought that we looked good or that Foden is the answer on the left wing you shouldn't be talking about football.

TAA was dreadful, he shouldn't be starting for England at right back never mind midfield.

Our left side is a problem, without an overlapping left back, which we don't have since Shaw isn't fit Foden can not start next game there, he doesn't stay wide, he doesn't carry the ball and he doesn't attack his fullback directly.

IMO we should drop TAA and Foden for the Denmark game, bring in Gallagher or even Wharton for the midfield so that we have a midfield of midfielders.

Neither are very exciting but they will do what needs to be done and keep possession, let Rice and Bellingham be the spark there.

Left wing has to be Gordon, he does everything that Foden didn't against Serbia. He stays wide and cuts in late, he drags play up the field and he LOVES getting stuck into a fullback.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Tchouameni, Camavinga and Zaire-Emery on the bench for France.

England meanwhile pondering whether to play Connor Gallagher or TAA alongside Rice.

france’s squad is ridiculous. They’re rightly favourites 

10 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

"and here's your commentary team, Sam Matterface and Lee Dixon.'

1000006718.gif.ad61257350c48c3a2af476f2939de79f.gif

dixon is starting resemble lawrenson, sounding like he’d rather be anywhere else than commentating on the game he’s watching. Give the job to somebody who enjoys being paid handsomely to watch live football 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alex said:

It was deemed a handball because his hand was in an unnatural position above waist height, according to the ref expert. 
The second bit wouldn’t apply I don’t think. Because that’s only if it’s handball but ‘accidental’ with the hand / arm in a ‘natural’ position by the goalscorer. 
I’m not sure I agree as it seems very harsh to me. But that’s the explanation/ interpretation and the supposed recommended decision. So the ref got it right, arguably at least, according to the current guidelines. 
Either way though the VAR decisions have at least been much quicker than some of the ridiculous delays we’ve seen in the Premier League. 

Try running without your hands ever getting above waist height :lol: 

33 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Try running without your hands ever getting above waist height :lol: 

Absolutely. Which is why I think it was harsh. But that was the explanation given. 

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

image.png

If Southgate doesn't make changes for the next game then hes deliberately throwing away our chances of winning.

Its nothing to do with having our best players on the pitch its to do with having a cohesive team that can control a game and make chances.

If you watched that match and thought that we looked good or that Foden is the answer on the left wing you shouldn't be talking about football.

TAA was dreadful, he shouldn't be starting for England at right back never mind midfield.

Our left side is a problem, without an overlapping left back, which we don't have since Shaw isn't fit Foden can not start next game there, he doesn't stay wide, he doesn't carry the ball and he doesn't attack his fullback directly.

IMO we should drop TAA and Foden for the Denmark game, bring in Gallagher or even Wharton for the midfield so that we have a midfield of midfielders.

Neither are very exciting but they will do what needs to be done and keep possession, let Rice and Bellingham be the spark there.

Left wing has to be Gordon, he does everything that Foden didn't against Serbia. He stays wide and cuts in late, he drags play up the field and he LOVES getting stuck into a fullback.

partially agree.

but i think foden should still play. bias obviously but he undoubtedly has the talent.

think i'd go with 

------------prickford------------

walks---stones---gay----gomez

---------foden-----rice---------

sakha----bellend-----gordon

------------kane---------------

in possession - push stones alongside rice, freeing foden

pace on both wings when out of possession

i think jack should be there and playing on the left. a major fuck up by GS

I didn't watch the post match waffle on Sunday.  But the Rest is Football podcast is quite critical of Safegate.  Which I didn't get during the commentary and half time.  They seemed to be praising England.

Note for Gemmill, I haven't listened to Shearers bit yet.

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Id swap Bellend with Foden.  That for me would be a decent lineup.

especially if the bellend realised how good foden is at wall passes.  pass to foden mid surge, keep going and foden will find you with an instant return

find a way for those two to link and that is a devastating pair

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

partially agree.

but i think foden should still play. bias obviously but he undoubtedly has the talent.

think i'd go with 

------------prickford------------

walks---stones---gay----gomez

---------foden-----rice---------

sakha----bellend-----gordon

------------kane---------------

in possession - push stones alongside rice, freeing foden

pace on both wings when out of possession

i think jack should be there and playing on the left. a major fuck up by GS

he probably would be if he hadn’t lost his spot to doku. He’s been Pep’s second choice for most the season at LW, hasn’t he? Gordon and Eze both play that role week in week out 

I can really relate to those football fans like. This is why things like the Euros brings the country together 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

he probably would be if he hadn’t lost his spot to doku. He’s been Pep’s second choice for most the season at LW, hasn’t he? Gordon and Eze both play that role week in week out 

he had a few issues early on. think he partied a little too hard after the treble (did i mention that we won the treble?) then he had a few niggling injuries (his calves i think but not sure) but prior to each new injury he looked good. and yes he was competing with doku. think in the run in he was fit but doku had the spot and was playing well. i thought jack looked good when he came on for england in the second last friendly ~(the ball over the top that Terrible Anal Arsehole volleyed in)

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

England hooligans causing bother again. 

They’ve completely missed the point about food etiquette. This would cause zero offence to a Frenchman. 

England hooligans causing bother again. 

Fucking reprobate. She should be made to pick up every crumb, and I should be the one to supervise it.

• Haha 9

20 minutes ago, strawb said:

Least surprising thing this morning, Gemmil follows only fans models on Twitter 

Bitch, it was reposted by a political account that I follow, HACTUALLY. 

Bitch, it was reposted by a political account that I follow, HACTUALLY. 

"Nooooo MAM! it was these other boys, they go to a different school!"

• Haha 3