Euro 24

Posted (edited)

Maddison and Curtis Jones binned off already. Rumours of Quansah as well.

Trafford will no doubt get the news soon so that leaves 3.

We dont need 3 left wingers so Ezra or Grealish surely will be left.

Dunk or Branthwaite must be on the chopping line.

Ivan Toney?

Edited by Holden McGroin

Dunk needs chopping, he had a cracking start to the season.  Then from mid onwards he slumped to fuck.  Branthwaite deserves it IMO.

8 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Dunk needs chopping, he had a cracking start to the season.  Then from mid onwards he slumped to fuck.  Branthwaite deserves it IMO.

It's a big risk taking Shaw as well. He might not even make the squad due to his fitness.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Maguire and Grealish out.

Oof. Maguire is injured and Grealish has been shite all season.

Gareth is being ruthless here. 

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Well that was the kiss of death.

• Haha 2

I wouldn’t mind him playing Walker and Stones as CBs. With Trent at RB and Gomez at left back (if Shaw isn’t fit). Especially in the group matches where teams will need breaking down. 

Even though I love him, Trippier shouldn’t be there in my opinion. He doesn’t have form or fitness.

Guest MrRaspberryJam
On 04/06/2024 at 18:49, Kid Dynamite said:

What we thinking then?

IMG_1437.thumb.jpeg.0ce51706ea33c9e3335d6ba18a48a5de.jpeg

I don’t think Gordon’s a starter like. Think Bellingham will be pushed further up with Connor Gallagher or TAA alongside Rice. 

5 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I don’t think Gordon’s a starter like. Think Bellingham will be pushed further up with Connor Gallagher or TAA alongside Rice. 

I agree - Bellingham is down as a forward rather than midfielder in the squad list which probably nods to how Southgate sets them up with Bellingham as his number 10 and foden out wide. I think it’s a mistake. I’d much rather see Gordon or Eze in the side than Connor Gallagher 

I would have Branthwaite in over Dunk.  Think he's been a lot more consistent this season.

Wharton I think on recent form deserves his place, but it feels a little too heavy on CDM players?  MGW I would have said deserves a chance?

Think Trafford deserves his place over Henderson, I sort of understand him selecting Ramsdale.

Toney, has he been selected for pens?  Who else would be selected?

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I agree - Bellingham is down as a forward rather than midfielder in the squad list which probably nods to how Southgate sets them up with Bellingham as his number 10 and foden out wide. I think it’s a mistake. I’d much rather see Gordon or Eze in the side than Connor Gallagher 

Foden a better player than Bellingham for me. He shouldn't be sat out wide 

I’m not sure Southgate has ever fully fancied Grealish tbh and he’s now got good reason not to take him. Surprised with no Maguire but you suspect that’ll be the end of his international career now. All in all, the squad is as expected; chocka with attacking talent and very threadbare with quality at the back. You’re going to need an unbelievable tournament from Pickford, Stones and Walker to win it. Probably from Rice as well since he’s going to be going backwards more than forwards 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Foden a better player than Bellingham for me. He shouldn't be sat out wide 

I would play Foden 10 and Bellingham 8

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’m not sure Southgate has ever fully fancied Grealish tbh and he’s now got good reason not to take him. Surprised with no Maguire but you suspect that’ll be the end of his international career now. All in all, the squad is as expected; chocka with attacking talent and very threadbare with quality at the back. You’re going to need an unbelievable tournament from Pickford, Stones and Walker to win it. Probably from Rice as well since he’s going to be going backwards more than forwards 

Apparently its the injury of Maguire, he wouldn't be near fit until latter stages.  If he was fit he would have gone.

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I would play Foden 10 and Bellingham 8

yup, i don't think southgate agrees though. i can see him starting gallagher alongside rice, pushing bellingham higher up the pitch and foden out wide.

i expect gallagher to be this tournament's kalvin phillips. 

I’m not sure Southgate particularly fancies Foden either tbh.. Gallagher might start alongside Rice… If that’s the case and if Southgate grows a pair and ignores the press AG might just get the LW spot… one thing is for sure it would be a mistake to shoehorn Bellingham and Foden in… unless it’s Saka who makes way? 🤔

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

yup, i don't think southgate agrees though. i can see him starting gallagher alongside rice, pushing bellingham higher up the pitch and foden out wide.

i expect gallagher to be this tournament's kalvin phillips. 

Just play Rice in front of the defence and let Foden and Bellingham work between them when to hang back and push up. They are both intelligent players and operate better centrally.

that way you can accommodate Gordon wide left to stretch their defence and create opportunities.

He may as well go for broke, as no one is expecting England to attack games. He won’t do this though.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

If you're after free kicks with 20 mins to go then Gordon can do that job. I am surprised he chose Eze over him. Eze is dangerous but holds onto the ball far too long.

Edited by Holden McGroin