The Great DOF Hunt of 2024

Paul Mitchell said: “It’s with immense pride that I accept the responsibility of being Newcastle United’s new sporting director.

“I’ve seen the recent growth and ambition of the club. This, plus the amazing fan base, made the decision to join an easy one.

“I can’t wait to get started and help continue the organisation’s growth and long-term competitiveness in all areas of elite football performance.”

Darren Eales, Newcastle United’s CEO, said: “We are delighted to welcome Paul to Newcastle United. He brings a successful track record and wealth of experience to the club.

“His extensive and diverse experience in football leadership, cultural change and recruitment mean he is the ideal person to lead our sporting directorate.

“We look forward to working with Paul and supporting him in our pursuit of long-term, sustainable success.”

• Like 3

Can't get too excited about the appointment of execs like. I know it's important, but the quotes and stuff are just like when work appoints a new member of the Board.  All management speak. 

Where's their youtube highlight reels? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The advantage that Mitchell has over someone like Freedman, Spors etc, for example, is that he has strong European and UK contacts and knowledge. The aforementioned had one or the other.

• Like 2

i think, crucially, he also has experience of the "multi-club" model, which is where the game seems to be going, and probably what our future looks like 

• Like 2

The kid in the video barely speaks English.  At one point he delivers a line so killer that he puts it up on screen to: 

"His talent ID at multiple clubs have proven itself"

:lol:

Reminds me of good old George W Bush: "The question we have to ask ourselves is: Is our children learning?"

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

I understand that Spors' chances of getting the job just blew away on the breeze. 

Pity. He seemed like a fun guy, honestly. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, toonotl said:

Pity. He seemed like a fun guy, honestly. 

That post was an intelligence test, and so far you're the only one to have passed. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That post was an intelligence test, and so far you're the only one to have passed. 

Not mushroom for error in that test :cuppa:

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

Not mushroom for error in that test :cuppa:

The answers are fungible

• Haha 3

There was NOTHING cheap about that pun.  As proven by the fact that it SAILED over your heads like SPORES on the breeze. 

That's what I bring to the pun game.  I'll let you all RUIN it now. 

• Haha 2

What's a mushroom's favourite fastening? 

Button

What's a mushroom's favourite belle?

Portobello

What's a mushroom's favourite horse colour?

Chestnut

This is my lowest moment on here. 

• Haha 1

We tried to buy Kilman last month.  He's now off to Man United for £40m if reports are to be believed. 

I mean I know he's not exactly an unknown talent, but this is where losing your DoF to another club right at the start of the summer window is a bad thing. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

We tried to buy Kilman last month.  He's now off to Man United for £40m if reports are to be believed. 

I mean I know he's not exactly an unknown talent, but this is where losing your DoF to another club right at the start of the summer window is a bad thing. 

I look forward to Man Utd twitterati being cockahoop that they've 'stolen' another one from us.

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What's a mushroom's favourite fastening? 

Button

What's a mushroom's favourite belle?

Portobello

What's a mushroom's favourite horse colour?

Chestnut

This is my lowest moment on here. 

There’s something off with the formatting here. 

Spotted it straight away because amanita poster than you. 

20 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It’s West Ham that’s had a bid accepted like so has less to do with Ashworth.