Bournemouth bastards in town 16-18 Feb

PaddockLad

Much against my better judgement I have been goaded into leading a dozen or so AFCB Bournemouth fans on an expedition to the far north for the game on 17 Feb. We’re leaving early Friday IN A FUCKIN MINIBUS :lol: (trains and planes prohibitively expensive) and we’re staying at the former Jury’s Inn on the Gateshead side of the millennium bridge. All Newcastle upon Tyne virgins bar me, obvs..

This has been an ongoing request from them since they came up into the prem so they’re expecting me to be host, compare, maitre d, wet nurse, counsellor etc etc…however, I’m as familiar with the nighttime economy of Tyneside as I am with sea of tranquility on the fuckin moon, if I’m in town am in the clock, the 3 bulls, the Percy etc etc so am looking for some pointers 

It’s been pointed out that after the game it’s Fury v Usyk and we’re looking to book something so we can watch it. I’ve come across this, does anyone know if it’s ok?…

https://www.fatsoma.com/e/zp3ey9j0/tyson-fury-vs-oleksandr-usyk

• Haha 1

Never heard of them, but the venue they're using looks alright:

Img_2024_01_28_10_43_39.jpeg.2a274455cca3148f76b2d7ea50bdebd2.jpeg

Bournemouth people will enjoy those fairy lights and the screen looks just about big enough. 

• Haha 2

Go on N.O. and ask them about it, I reckon some of them will be of an age to say where it is and what it's like? I've always said you can tell a Geordie's age by asking them the name of bars in the toon. :lol:

Presumably you’ve got a ticket in the home fans and they’re in the away? 

After the game,  switch your phone off, go to your usual watering holes, let them discover the joys of Louies Liquor Hole or whatever, then the following day switch your phone back on and ring them saying you got arrested for wearing a loud shirt in a residential area or something and have them pick you up for a lift home. 

Sorted 👍

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

If it's in Hoults yard then you should take them on condition that you nip up to Shields Road before or after I'm sure they'll be fine. :lol:

“ Aye lads, this is The Raby”

” What’s that? No, it’s named after the disease”. 

• Haha 5

'This is the Butcher's arms."

"Did it used to be a butcher's?"

"No it's always been a bar and someone will always got butchered at some point."

• Haha 5

I'd take them to Cosy Joe's for a spot of karaoke tbh. Rather than taking them to a scrapping event attended by Byker's biggest fight fans. :lol:

Lllllllllllllllet's get ready to rrrrrrrrumblllllllllllle! 

• Haha 3

From memory the place I remember having the best chance seeing bother in Shields road was Jacksons. Drop them off there while you nip out to the bookies or something? :D

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'd take them to Cosy Joe's for a spot of karaoke tbh. Rather than taking them to a scrapping event attended by Byker's biggest fight fans. :lol:

Lllllllllllllllet's get ready to rrrrrrrrumblllllllllllle! 

That’s my first option like :lol: 

Chris Billim Smith is now world cruiser weight champ and is a serious Bournemouth fan. Hes fought at Dean Court and the local arena and both occasions were marked out by the level of violence we predicted would and did occur so we didn’t go to either. Am not sure what they’re expecting watching a world title fight in the centre of a major city where the security staff are likely to want to recreate events in the ring given half a chance :D 

• Haha 4

I've only been to watch boxing once and it was Prince Naseem losing his title by getting absolutely paddled by Marco Antonio Barrera. 

It was in the MGM in Vegas so there was no bother (not enough English there), but I got my fill of fight-attending boxing fans that night.

Edited by Gemmill

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Much against my better judgement I have been goaded into leading a dozen or so AFCB Bournemouth fans on an expedition to the far north for the game on 17 Feb. We’re leaving early Friday IN A FUCKIN MINIBUS :lol: (trains and planes prohibitively expensive) and we’re staying at the former Jury’s Inn on the Gateshead side of the millennium bridge. All Newcastle upon Tyne virgins bar me, obvs..

This has been an ongoing request from them since they came up into the prem so they’re expecting me to be host, compare, maitre d, wet nurse, counsellor etc etc…however, I’m as familiar with the nighttime economy of Tyneside as I am with sea of tranquility on the fuckin moon, if I’m in town am in the clock, the 3 bulls, the Percy etc etc so am looking for some pointers 

It’s been pointed out that after the game it’s Fury v Usyk and we’re looking to book something so we can watch it. I’ve come across this, does anyone know if it’s ok?…

https://www.fatsoma.com/e/zp3ey9j0/tyson-fury-vs-oleksandr-usyk

surely @AlbertSmith50 is your man for this 

• Haha 6

I reckon CT would put something on in his back garden for the lads. Some of his world famous Bhuna, a free CUNT mug for all attendees, and pre-fight ABBA.

He could maybe introduce you all to my dad. 

• Haha 9

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

That’s my first option like :lol: 

Chris Billim Smith is now world cruiser weight champ and is a serious Bournemouth fan. Hes fought at Dean Court and the local arena and both occasions were marked out by the level of violence we predicted would and did occur so we didn’t go to either. Am not sure what they’re expecting watching a world title fight in the centre of a major city where the security staff are likely to want to recreate events in the ring given half a chance :D 

I wouldn't be worrying as much about the security staff tbh. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Even set it up as something he's not looking forward too. "Minibus full of rival fans, 700 mile round trip. Not even fussed about going but I've sort of promised this busload of folk I don't even want to spend time with that I'd organise this. Honestly like!" 

• Haha 5

Ok… now the boxing has been cancelled the pressure is on Friday night’s shenanigans… we should be out 3/4ish and we’ll be wandering into town along the quayside…looking for suggestions along roughly this route… where’s good for Friday after work pints? Possibly somewhere full of post work young lasses for the significant youth element of our party? (Honest, two sets of dads/lads & the lads’ mates 😆) Then later I take it the Gate is where the action is?  For the older crowd I think Popworld is now at the bottom of the Bigg Market? Any alternatives? TIA :good: 

IMG_3754.jpeg