Food that can Feck Off.

Monkeys Fist

On 21/12/2023 at 19:36, Gemmill said:

Went to the Beehive on Sunday and their steak and ale pie was fucking incredible. Proper pie, none of this casserole with a puff pastry lid hoyed at it.

Tremendous.

It must be about 5 years or more since I've been to the 'Hive,  have they just started to serve food ? 

I would never had that pub down as a place that served decent food any place where your shoes stick to the floor is a crisps only place for me.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

It must be about 5 years or more since I've been to the 'Hive,  have they just started to serve food ? 

I would never had that pub down as a place that served decent food any place where your shoes stick to the floor is a crisps only place for me.

https://g.co/kgs/EVazyG

Are we talking about different places - that's the one I'm on about. It's the one in Earsdon, on the way towards Whitley.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

https://g.co/kgs/E

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Are we talking about different places - that's the one I'm on about. It's the one in Earsdon, on the way towards Whitley.

VazyG

Arrrh my mistake, I thought you were talking about this one 😂

Photo

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A christmas day  "feck off" food.

Figgy pudding...what is the point of this, horrible even with cream. And do you always get it served up to you, even though you say you hate it.

Mince pie, not lovely proper mince pies but christmas mince pies absolutely disgusting. 

Fecking YUK ! 

• Like 1

On 23/12/2023 at 05:05, Gemmill said:

Used to be the place for illicit meetings of folks practising their infidelity.

• Haha 2

Just now, The Fish said:

Used to be the place for illicit meetings of folks practising their infidelity.

:lol: aye, I’d heard that too. 
Also, that stretch of road, aka the Beehive was much beloved of boy racer from down the coast. That’s when they weren’t over-revving their car’s engines whilst driving round the Whitley Bay one way system 

On 25/12/2023 at 20:53, Monkeys Fist said:

If figgy pudding is the same as Christmas pud, then aye, away to fuck with it. 

Sweet mince pies can get in the bin too. 

Quite fond of Xmas cake like. Possibly for nostalgic reasons. My granny’s older sister used to post one up from Northwood, where she’d moved after the war. It arrived in the post in a tin about mid-September and it had been fed about a quart of Sherry and brandy by Xmas time 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

:lol: aye, I’d heard that too. 
Also, that stretch of road, aka the Beehive was much beloved of boy racer from down the coast. That’s when they weren’t over-revving their car’s engines whilst driving round the Whitley Bay one way system 

Tearing* down that road in my mother's Rover 100 was a hoot.

*limping

• Haha 3