Señore Pioli's "Americans in the midfield" Milan vs. Meester Eddie's Iron Men XI

Zathras

The manner in which last night unfolded was a sickening. Seeing us second and then have both games turn in a matter of minutes. 

Ultimately I'm not really bothered tbh. As others have said this was a brilliant adventure, we were never going to get too far or win the competition. Under the circumstances the team has done very well even if we've won 1 game out of 6.

If this felt like a one time thing I'd be more disappointed, but it's not. That is the key. In a year or two we'll be back and much stronger for this experience.

I know this being NUFC you always feel like things are going to fall apart sooner or later, but it really does feel different this time because the owners have thus far taken all the right steps in building a successful sustainable club. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

If this felt like a one time thing I'd be more disappointed, but it's not. That is the key. In a year or two we'll be back and much stronger for this experience.

Aye. 
We came in to this as very much underdogs of the group. 
When we get back in to it, there’s at least three teams now who’ll not fancy drawing us after the games we gave them. 
We’ll also be a better side by then. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Alex said:

There’s some bellend from some soi-disant ‘human rights organisation’ from Cheltenham keeps sending (what I consider to be) spurious FOI requests to the cabinet office. I hadn’t put two and two together until now ;) 

Were they all in lower case? :smile:

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye. 
We came in to this as very much underdogs of the group. 
When we get back in to it, there’s at least three teams now who’ll not fancy drawing us after the games we gave them. 
We’ll also be a better side by then. 

And hopefully we won't be decimated by injury. Howe will have more experience, won't be as naïve. 

Overwhelming emotion is pride. Local lads scoring in the Champions League, smashing PSG around like the cowards they are, were it not for injuries I think we would have beaten Milan to progress to the knockout stages. Were it not for inexperience I think we would have beaten them away and Dortmund at SJP. 

Add a bit more depth, a bit more quality and we'll be a threat.

• Like 5