Postecoglou's Kane-less "Top 4? You're Having A Laugh" Overachievers vs Eddie's Enervated Epic "Same XI As Last Time" Battlers

MrBass

Just now, wykikitoon said:

But a couple of us questioned where the subs were on Thursday before the goal and we got pelters for it.  Krafth and Ritchie should have been brought on a lot sooner than they did.

Yup. Trust Howe and all that but we've not even remotely looked like competing these 2 games so you might as well have taken a chance with Hall etc and had some players rested for coming games. As it is we're just fecked all around now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

If Howe can trust the likes of Dummett and Krafth at Old Trafford and against Man City in the cup, they can play one game in the league :lol: 

Dummett's probably still recovering from so many minutes on the pitch.

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

Fatigue is of course a factor but aye he's been very shit these 2 games. 

I think fatigue is 100% the only factor in his performance last few games. 
He’s one of our older players, has been superb since we signed him. 

You don’t just suddenly become a bad player- he’s absolutely fucked. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Does that depend on us or Man U doing well in the CL though?

I don’t know what the permeations are but I think as long as all the English clubs don’t do disastrously then the PL gets the extra spot.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Remember when we played Sheffield Wednesday? You'd fancy that against Spurs? Ridiculous. 

OK, well how do you feel it's going with our best 11 on the pitch?

Cos we're 2 nil down, Spurs are fucking cruising, and they're all racking up more miles in their legs.

What benefit are we seeing from not rotating the squad beyond satisfying your weird sadism? :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I think fatigue is 100% the only factor in his performance last few games. 
He’s one of our older players, has been superb since we signed him. 

You don’t just suddenly become a bad player- he’s absolutely fucked. 

You have to question Howe and the staff then eh? If a player is so fucked he's falling over anytime a player gets near him we still start him? Would starting Hall, Dummett or Krafth been worse? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Cos we're 2 nil down, Spurs are fucking cruising, and they're all racking up more miles in their legs.

What benefit are we seeing from not rotating the squad beyond satisfying your weird sadism? :lol:

Yup this is what I don't get. If the players are inevitably knackered why aren't we starting those on the bench and at least giving ourselves a small chance? At the very least saving the first 11 for coming games? 

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Trippier should definitely have been dropped, who else though?  We can still get something from this imo, there, I said it. Worth gambling against these fragile cunts. 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

I heard on good authority that him and his Mrs haven't been on good terms since that photo of another lass in his bed... (seriously)

Is that what was behind the England thing ?

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

I heard on good authority that him and his Mrs haven't been on good terms since that photo of another lass in his bed... (seriously)

He was immense before this run of games though. And that photo was a while ago.

It's the fatigue. It's not a domestic with his wife.

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Thought it was proven that qas photoshoppwd bullshit, considering he was with his wife when it was supposedly taken? Also wasn't that a year ago? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Since it’s HT, I think we need to see said photo to give our judgement on whether this has caused his drop in form… purely for sports science and that. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don’t know what the permeations are but I think as long as all the English clubs don’t do disastrously then the PL gets the extra spot.

I’m not sure of the criteria either.  In my head it was more than 2 qualifying from the group though. And Man Utd have less chance than us. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Trippier should definitely have been dropped, who else though?  We can still get something from this imo, there, I said it. Worth gambling against these fragile cunts. 

You don't seem to be accepting that we're in a desperate situation here though. Let's say we don't get anyone else back until January, do you think we should just persist with this same 11 until then?

I think we have to accept the reality of the situation. Which is that our best 11 is now so fucked that it probably is going to go on an extended run of poor results if we don't give them a break.

So what really is there to lose by rotating? If anything you've something to gain because you get those players back refreshed after a game off.

Your approach of just flogging them every game is pure madness.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Hall, Dummett, Krafth, Ritchie. What's the point in having a squad if you just run the same 11 players into the ground until they get injured 

I do agree that we had to give some players there a run to relieve some of our current first 11. We know these are our strongest 11, but not when they're out on their legs after 25 minutes. I guess the point is that although we have a squad we have a strong premier league 11 out with injury so it's fair that Howe won't have been confident about some on the bench. Also, just because they're on the bench it doesn't mean they're fit to play 90. There has been a certain inevitability about our performances with this 11 over the last few games which is worrying.

The game on Wednesday is vastly more important that this one in every way but Howe has refused to rest players for that game and it's hurting us. He knows that at out best we can compete with anyone and is refusing to play anything else than what he deems our best players with a seeming blind spot to the evident fatigue that is growing with each game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

You don't seem to be accepting that we're in a desperate situation here though. Let's say we don't get anyone else back until January, do you think we should just persist with this same 11 until then?

I think we have to accept the reality of the situation. Which is that our best 11 is now so fucked that it probably is going to go on an extended run of poor results if we don't give them a break.

So what really is there to lose by rotating? If anything you've something to gain because you get those players back refreshed after a game off.

Your approach of just flogging them every game is pure madness.

Agree, this is what it boils down to really. You have to accept that our best 11 is our best 11 only when they're at their best.

• Like 1

We can over analyse this to death but we are just fucked through a combination of injuries / number of games. Even in this one we could have had 3 or 4 goals.

Quick goal for us after the break and the games anyone’s.

Howe knows the players inside out and isn’t at any fault imo.

Tough season through bad luck so far, but nothing a good run from Jan onwards can’t sort out.

• Like 1

With our style of play you literally need 22 players to play this amount of o games.

Neville suggested we should do better regarding this and the only way we could is start playing more possession based football.  Obviously doesn’t help this year but something to think about if we ever get back in Europe. 

• Like 2