Eddie and Mad Dog's Couldn't Score In A Brothel, Useless, One Footed Geordie Lads v Da, Da, Dortmund, Ich Lieb' Dich Nicht, Du Liebst Mich Nicht

sammynb

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

Been to two games this season and we lost both of them. Looks like I might have to avoid going to the match again this season for the greater good ☹️

Good man. That’s dedication. 

I didn’t watch any game at the back end of the 21-22 season when we started winning, as I was convinced i was the problem. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Been to two games this season and we lost both of them. Looks like I might have to avoid going to the match again this season for the greater good ☹️

It's probably for the best. We don't need a jinx spoiling things for us :lol:

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

We probably need to beat Dortmund away to finish top 2 cos of the head-to-head rule. Not sure we can do that.

But dropping into the EL which we could feasibly win (and thereby secure CL next season) wouldn't be the worst thing either. That's what happens for third, doesn't it?

Would we, the grind of Thursday Sunday games would be worse for our small first choice team.

We probably would be better on concentrating on winning the league cup, a guaranteed a place in the Europa League next season and actually winning a fucking cup.

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

At least we might get some decent thread titles back instead of Pugwall's bummers.

Awe, you upset you're no longer the most successful match thread author now, spreadsheet boy?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Would we, the grind of Thursday Sunday games would be worse for our small first choice team.

We probably would be better on concentrating on winning the league cup, a guaranteed a place in the Europa League next season and actually winning a fucking cup.

Awe, you upset you're no longer the most successful match thread author now, spreadsheet boy?

Thursday / Sunday is the same as Wednesday / Saturday really. 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Gloom getting rinsed by Mick Martin on Twitter.

Is Martin still going? Fucking hell I thought he'd been cancelled years ago for being a miserable twat.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Isn’t he Irish? With an Irish accent?

Mick Martin - Wikipedia

This him? If so, then yes :lol:

Edit: nah that's not him, unless Mick Martin is in his 70s which I don't believe to be the case.

Edited by Dazzler

My two pence:

A very tough and frustrating game. Dortmund are no mugs and just about edged it though we hit the woodwork twice and Wilson should have scored so a draw would have been a fair result. Got our work cut out now and might have to win away to qualify. Disappointing after the PSG performance promised so much.

I felt there wasn’t as much snap in our press as usual and  a few players were below their best - notably trippier and Bruno, who seemed to misplace more passes than usual.

Though credit to Dortmund there for smothering our two best players and stopping them play. Bruno held on to the ball for too long on a few occasions when there were balls on in behind. And when we did try to play it through our passes we’re often misplaced - not helped by the weather. 

The flag display was great but the atmosphere after that was fairly subdued. Lots of supporters stayed behind to clap them off though which tells you that the crowd appreciated the players’ effort even if they did fall slightly short this time. 

Shots at 12am seemed like a good idea at the time. Hanging out my arse on the train home now after about 4 hours sleep 

The weather was absolutely filthy from the moment I got off the train, which didn’t help the mood.

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Dortmund were great on the break.  Trippier got little help on his side from Miggy which at times cause Lascelles to be pulled out of position.

At the start of the draw when we saw the opposition who would have had us on 4 points with a +ve goal difference? 

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Dortmund were great on the break.  Trippier got little help on his side from Miggy which at times cause Lascelles to be pulled out of position.

At the start of the draw when we saw the opposition who would have had us on 4 points with a +ve goal difference? 

It seemed like Miggy was playing to a game plan from Howe that didn't come off. People might like to drag him for his decision making when attacking but no one can argue against his defensive work rate, so last night was a bit odd from him in that regard; especially considering the pace that Trippier was up against all game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Just coming into Darlo, they’re opening the bar after departure :D 

Look for the lad ordering a double sausage butty whilst listening to Roni Size on his Earbuds…

… on an electric hoverboard. 

• Haha 3