Eddie and Mad Dog's Couldn't Score In A Brothel, Useless, One Footed Geordie Lads v Da, Da, Dortmund, Ich Lieb' Dich Nicht, Du Liebst Mich Nicht

sammynb

Oh well. Unlucky for us. Incredibly unlucky. Can't win them all. Hopefully everyone had a good night at the stadium despite the result and the rain.

Hopefully Isak and Murph are not too badly hurt. 

Frustrating night, we were not at our best but still a good performance, luck not at our side tonight. Huge miss from Wilson too, he would score that 99 out of 100 times. 

Hope Isak and Murphy are not out for long.

European reality check. Positionally gave them too much space, but we did create a fair bit and a draw would have been a fair result. If either of our post hitting shots went in what a finish it would have been.

Really lumps the pressure on our next two away games.

I don't think we were as bad as some are making out.

The conditions had a massive impact and then Isak going off so early did.  Our weakest link IMO was Miggy.  He offered FUCK ALL.  Longy and Joe looked leggy.

These are different gravy compared to the likes of Palace and Sheff Utd and I am not down hearted from that.  We created some decent chances.  We had some decent running.  Still proud of the lads.

BTW Gloomy, stay down south tbh

• Like 4

Wilson was poor when he came on, offered nothing in build up. Almiron was poor. We deserved to lose that. 

Should have started Tonali, he was good when he came on. 

Schar is a fucking stud, I think I’m faster than him and he owns lightning quick strikers every game

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

We know from the first half that this ref will stop bang on 4 mins.

What an absolute cunt of a ref this guy is, where is he from? France? Netherlands? If not they'll have papers ready to transfer citizenship.

• Like 1

We were lacking the cutting edge today. Final balls and decisions were off. They played quite well as well, created a lot of decent chances and took Bruno out of the game for large parts.

Referee was awful, but for both sides. Strange handling of advantages.

I am pretty sure we can get the same result as them at their place with more precision.

Hopefully the set back will be the right kick in the ass ahead of the coming weeks especially Manchester away.

44 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Wilson has two attributes

1. Unstoppable sex appeal.

2. Goals.

We've starved him of service, and the rain is playing havoc with the Dortmund defenders contact lenses.

True, they ignored his sex appeal and just defended his lack of goal appeal

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Wifes just come back from squash. Saw Willock running.  Started shouting 'Come on Isak' 

Me 'That's Willock'

'Oh have we just signed him'

FFS

Reported (“they all look the same to me” rule transgression)

I love Joelinton, but there's something not right. He had to make the run to cover when Gordon turned it over. He didn't and their subsequently completely open player scored. No excuse for that.

People being harsh on Almiron imo. Thought we did ok out wide, centre of the park is where we struggled. Ciggy and Big Joe never really got any control.

McCoist just said apart from hitting the woodwork twice Gordon having a couple of chances amd Wilson missing a sitter we didn't have any chances. WTF

Got to stay positive. We're playing against the European elite here and we don't look out of place

• Like 8

Think our final ball was “off” simply because their defensive positioning was top notch. 

Best team we’ve played for a long time and we weren’t outclassed by any means, it’s disappointing but all good.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

I love Joelinton, but there's something not right. He had to make the run to cover when Gordon turned it over. He didn't and their subsequently completely open player scored. No excuse for that.

Not seemed himself at all since his return. A bit like Isak. Seems its not easy catching up on Eddie Howe match fitness levels. I hope to hell Willock will have an easier time of it and he's been out a while.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OTF said:

I didn’t notice that but I he didn’t look sharp to me. Hopefully just rust.  

Eddie has a headache for wing positions now. We have a load of games coming up and Miggy and Gordon are our only natural wingers. Big Joe and Anderson will have to fill in. 

• Like 1

Definitely need to be in the market for another young pacy striker to work as an understudy to Wilson / Isak

Gordon is the main difference to our side when he plays. Superb.

Another couple of years and we will be swatting these lot away like a cow swatting off flies on a hot summers day :D 

We are on a journey, still well in it in the group of death at the halfway stage and great chance of finishing 3rd and going into the Europa League

• Like 3