Ed Harrisons Newcastle United Blog

TheTacoTaker

Is this thread worthy of the Gold section?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So for the record, I hadn’t clicked on the link Kid Dynamite posted ( which explains Ed Harrison’s blog, and his illness), before I posted the Curtis Mayfield pic. 

I wish I had, because I feel a bit shite now. :lol:

Everyone is more than welcome, it may take time to adjust, you may hate us, you may love us, you may be mildly indifferent. 

What unites us all is our love for NUFC… except for @t00nraider2, the mackem skank. 

( I feel like Bill Pullman at the end of Independence Day here). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

PS - Just kidding.

Welcome! Don’t be put off if it takes a little while to get up to speed with all the in jokes. We can be a little impenetrable for newbies. Some say too perpetual. I think the broken doll was our latest recruit and he’s done just fine. 

I think they’ve rapidly set up a WhatsApp group after your err “welcome” post :lol: 

• Haha 4

I've just read the article too. I don't click on chronicle links cos their website is basically what it's like having a computer virus.

Sorry to hear about Ed.

You're obviously all welcome here btw. Just stick around and you'll either like it and stay or you won't and you won't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

I've just read the article too. I don't click on chronicle links cos their website is basically what it's like having a computer virus.

Sorry to hear about Ed.

You're obviously all welcome here btw. Just stick around and you'll either like it and stay or you won't and you won't.

I think they’ve all gone already :lol: 

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

PS - Just kidding.

Welcome! Don’t be put off if it takes a little while to get up to speed with all the in jokes. We can be a little impenetrable for newbies. Some say too perpetual. I think the broken doll was our latest recruit and he’s done just fine. 

I remember some cunt thinking it was hilarious when I shattered me collar bone in to a million pieces.

still hurt by that now to be honest.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

I remember some cunt thinking it was hilarious when I shattered me collar bone in to a million pieces.

I must have missed that during my hiatus, do it again, sounds class

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

Cracking story that, mind. 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

Was that when your dog decked you? :lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ToonArmyofFrogs said:

TheTacoTaker - thanks for the link. 

Will give this site a whirl. 

Kept my autogenerated Avatar from Eds Blog. Since its about to be shut down, my daft avatar can live on  for a bit on Toontastic 

See how it gans. :mrgreen:

Welcome Aboard Hasan Minhaj GIF by Patriot Act

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

didn't get much sympathy when a cunt of a farmer towed me van away either.

not even sure why I stick around really.

How did he not see the big Blue Badge in your windscreen? 

• Haha 4

One thing lads. I'm universally recognised as the greatest match thread starter that this site has ever seen. There's an Australian idiot doing it at the minute who's doing OK if you like that sort of thing. (I don't).

Just don't start a match thread unless you have a very thick skin and are prepared to be pilloried if the result doesn't work out.

We don't even let thebrokendoll start threads anymore after he nearly wrecked Champions League qualification last season.

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

One thing lads. I'm universally recognised as the greatest match thread starter that this site has ever seen. There's an Australian idiot doing it at the minute who's doing OK if you like that sort of thing. (I don't).

Just don't start a match thread unless you have a very thick skin and are prepared to be pilloried if the result doesn't work out.

We don't even let thebrokendoll start threads anymore after he nearly wrecked Champions League qualification last season.

On the topic of match threads, be careful as some of us stream from dodgy sources in horrendous time zones so the latest "yesssssss get innnn" may just as likely be from the goal you already saw 5 minutes ago.

Wankers....

• Haha 5

Hello all

Did someone say a welcome is needed?

First toon match I went to, walked through the turnstiles, saw a large circle of fans in a circle, 1 copper in the middle having beer poured down his face with fans singing 'get it down you copper!'. 

Instantly knew I was at home :D

May not post much, we'll see, but hi nonetheless!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Adamn92 said:

Hello all

First toon match I went to, walked through the turnstiles, saw a large circle of fans in a circle, 1 copper in the middle having beer poured down his face with fans singing 'get it down you copper!'. 

Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Adamn92 said:

Hello all

a circle of fans in a circle

Schitts Creek Coffee GIF by CBC

• Haha 7