Wor Eddie's One Step at a Time Wankers v Media Darling South Coast Cunts

wykikitoon

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

All the best, Captain Topknot. Over 50 though, fuck me!

Tell me about it Scotty, next thing you know I'll need a pacemaker and they'll replace my cock with a chinese mouse's with ginger pubes - hope you're well.

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, ThatGinolaVolley said:

Should be one of the hardest games of the season. Would be nice to keep a clean sheet for once and nick a winner.

If Botman is out I think Targett will start and Burn will move into the centre. I also think Wilson might get his first start of the season, with Isak on the bench.

If Botman is fit I'd be tempted to make another change or two. Maybe start with Longstaff - there were times last season when Bruno seemed to play better with Longstaff in the side. Or maybe try someone other than Miggy on the right - Livramento seemed to end up there at the end of the Man City game, so maybe that's a possibility. Or move Gordon across and bring in Barnes.

I would start Barnes and Hall for Burn (if Botman is fit) and Miggy. I suspect Howe will go unchanged if he can though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I would start Barnes and Hall for Burn (if Botman is fit) and Miggy. I suspect Howe will go unchanged if he can though 

Agree, also agree Howe likely wont change it around. I still don’t think we will see Hall until after the international break, hope I’m wrong on that though. 

Fingers crossed, sometimes wish Howe wasn’t so stubborn about new signings as Targett is a woeful full back and we’ve spent a wedge on full backs. 

Hopefully Almiron doesn’t miss a bunch of sitters again, as has been common in 2023 for him. 

• Jaysus... 1

I get that the new signings have to be super fit and up to speed with the system before they start for Howe but you’d you’d think Hall would be okay for 60-70 minutes. He’s only 19 and he’s been training with us for a couple of weeks.

I get why he’s not starting but it’s still a little disappointing. Targett hasn’t looked great since the first season when he arrived on loan and Burn looks vulnerable against pace. 

A lot will hinge on the midfield battle. They tend to have the lion’s share of possession when they play at home but we smothered them so well last time at SJP that they couldn’t play through our press. Remains to be seen whether we can do that to them at their place but I don’t see us winning by sitting back and doing them on the counter like West Ham did last week. It’s not in Howe’s dna to set us up like that 

Just now, Howay said:

Fingers crossed, sometimes wish Howe wasn’t so stubborn about new signings as Targett is a woeful full back and we’ve spent a wedge on full backs. 

Hopefully Almiron doesn’t miss a bunch of sitters again, as has been common in 2023 for him. 

His form in late 2022 was always gonna be temporary. On limited funds where do you strengthen as a priority? He helps set the tone with his attitude and running, whilst I think his lack of quality where it matters is obvious to everyone, I think Howe put it to the back of the shelf.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

His form in late 2022 was always gonna be temporary. On limited funds where do you strengthen as a priority? He helps set the tone with his attitude and running, whilst I think his lack of quality where it matters is obvious to everyone, I think Howe put it to the back of the shelf.

That’s why I find our business this summer odd, we spent a wedge on Barnes and Livramento who, while I like both, don’t seem to be starters. We’d have been better off buying a right winger or a 6 (like Alvarez) with the Barnes money. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

That’s why I find our business this summer odd, we spent a wedge on Barnes and Livramento who, while I like both, don’t seem to be starters. We’d have been better off buying a right winger or a 6 (like Alvarez) with the Barnes money. 

I’d have gone for Diaby instead of Barnes (Joelinton/Gordon/Isak/Anderson all capable of playing LM) and Madison instead of Livramento.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d have gone for Diaby instead of Barnes (Joelinton/Gordon/Isak/Anderson all capable of playing LM) and Madison instead of Livramento.

I'm hoping Gordon will find his way to the right and that gets Barnes starting on the left eventually. Maybe this is a transition, getting upto speed thing. Same with Hall. 

• Like 3