Respectful Pep's Arteta Squashers vs Eddie "Fanny Magnet" Howe's Rapid Challengers

Gemmill

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Been looking for when the last time we beat them at their place, not entirely sure this was it but does anyone else remember George Weah playing for Man City because I sure as fuck don’t  :lol:

https://www.11v11.com/matches/manchester-city-v-newcastle-united-30-september-2000-1735/

Tommy Wright! :lol:

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Been looking for when the last time we beat them at their place, not entirely sure this was it but does anyone else remember George Weah playing for Man City because I sure as fuck don’t  :lol:

https://www.11v11.com/matches/manchester-city-v-newcastle-united-30-september-2000-1735/

If you want to know how long ago it was, Haaland's dad was in the City team that day !

And yes i remember us signing Weah. I couldn't believe it. A front 3 of Weah, Wanchope and Dickov wasn't that bad even if we did lose.

That website has you beating us in 1893 even though we weren't formed until 1894. Doesn't seem fair.

Bit suspect that we seemed to lose to you all the time between 2001 and 2005, when Keegan was our manager.

• Haha 2

This FPL guy is usually reliable, so that's another Brucie bonus ahead of the Citeh game added to their Super Cup exertions. 

Edit. Seen some people that were sceptical in the comments, because it doesn't seen likely that Stones would have had time to have had a training session given they were travelling back from Greece. So we'll see I guess, but apparently the guy who gives Ross his Man City team news has come through with news on multiple occasions before. Pure speculation from my part obviously, but perhaps there was a sprints plus warm down session on the pitch after the match, and that's where Stones pulled his hamstring. 

Edited by Polarboy

Bernardo Silva is going to miss the game along with Stones, as already mentioned, according to Pep. Apart from Haaland being injured as well, there's not going to be a better time to play them this season, especially given our own start to the season. 

Edited by Polarboy
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Bernardo Silva is going to miss the game along with Stones, as already mentioned, according to Pep. Apart from Haaland being injured as well, there's not going to be a better time to play them this season, especially given our own start to the season. 

Excited Arrested Development GIF

• Haha 6

I’m at a festival today so will miss this game too. That’s two games on the bounce I won’t have seen after I watched every full 90 minutes of every game last season. If we win I might be forced to abstain from watching again until we lose 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m at a festival today so will miss this game too. That’s two games on the bounce I won’t have seen after I watched every full 90 minutes of every game last season. If we win I might be forced to abstain from watching again until we lose 😬

Where are you heading?

Arrived in Keswick and the WiFi AND my phone signal are DOGSHIT. Have managed to get my dodgy telly installed in my phone so gonna just have to find a corner of this place that has the best signal and hope for the best. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Arrived in Keswick and the WiFi AND my phone signal are DOGSHIT. Have managed to get my dodgy telly installed in my phone so gonna just have to find a corner of this place that has the best signal and hope for the best. 

Why don’t you watch it in the pub? 

• Haha 3