Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

Good to see Brighton taking a head injury seriously tbf, especially seeing as he was having a good game at the time. There's others would see if he could "run it off". 

• Like 2

Just saw MotD. Some Wolves player grabbed Havertz by the throat and held him down against the ground. VaR looked at it, said it was fine, wasn’t even mentioned in the studio. Surprised Arteta didn’t mention it. Don’t understand how that gets ignored, but Schar gets a red that they all just nod and agree with.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Minteh had to come at half time due to a concussion :sad:

The dirty bastard! Anyone else would've asked for a paracetamol. :cuppa:

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, ThatGinolaVolley said:

Just saw MotD. Some Wolves player grabbed Havertz by the throat and held him down against the ground. VaR looked at it, said it was fine, wasn’t even mentioned in the studio. Surprised Arteta didn’t mention it. Don’t understand how that gets ignored, but Schar gets a red that they all just nod and agree with.

I thought VAR got an easy ride on MOTD and wondered whether they'd been asked to lay off by the PGMOL. 

That was definitely violent conduct by the Wolves player, West Ham's penalty should never have been given, and the Schar red was either 2 reds or 2 yellows.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I thought VAR got an easy ride on MOTD and wondered whether they'd been asked to lay off by the PGMOL. 

That was definitely violent conduct by the Wolves player, West Ham's penalty should never have been given, and the Schar red was either 2 reds or 2 yellows.

VAR have been told to use a higher bar for intervention than last season so expect to see far fewer decisions overturned for the first few weeks before it returns to normal.

• Like 1

Watching the mackems here, I do not know how they dare to call us lucky. :lol:

Despite being 3 nil up on the half hour mark, you could literally hear a pin drop.Woeful stuff. Picked up on now by the commentators. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

• Meenzer changed the title to Other Games 24/25
4 hours ago, Renton said:

Watching the mackems here, I do not know how they dare to call us lucky. :lol:

Despite being 3 nil up on the half hour mark, you could literally hear a pin drop.Woeful stuff. Picked up on now by the commentators. 

I wonder if this win will take them above Bangor City in that Table of Utter Irrelevance posted the other day? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

2nd in the table. About 5 places above where they usually sack their manager, so it's going canny for him atm. 

Cheers Statto :lol:

I was referring to the table in this tweet that @Howmanheyman posted in the mackem thread. 

• Haha 3

David de Gea player coach is a thread that has two pages of replies. :lol: Do they realise he's 33 not 53?

• Haha 1

What right thinking person would live in Florence over Sunderland? Who would pick the Ponte Vecchio over Pennywell? The Duomo over Dalton Park? Serie A over Silksworth. 

Wuz are gettun a new goalkeeyper, marras! 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What right thinking person would live in Florence over Sunderland? Who would pick the Ponte Vecchio over Pennywell? The Duomo over Dalton Park? Serie A over Silksworth. 

Wuz are gettun a new goalkeeyper, marras! 

Money. They might prefer Sunderland if the moneys righ........ Ah, I see the problem.

• Haha 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Other Games 23/24