Sandro Tonali

wykikitoon

16 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Can’t tell if the joke has gone over your head or if you are continuing the joke and it’s going over my head :lol:

Update:
Tonali returns 

Ahead of Saturday's visit to Hull City, Newcastle played a training game on Wednesday against Burnley behind closed doors at their Gawthorpe Training Centre.

Details remain scarce, but The Times confirm that Sandro Tonali featured for the Magpies - his first appearance since October 2023, when the midfielder began a ban for breaking betting regulations.

That suspension ends late next month but extends to include any non-competitive games registered with the FA, meaning that Tonali isn't able to feature in any of United's public pre-season friendlies.

Now managed by ex-Magpie Scott Parker, this is the third time in four years that Burnley have provided pre-season opposition in similar training games, having done so in both 2021 and 2022. 

It's anticipated that a further training game of this nature will be organised by Newcastle to give Tonali more pitch time ahead of his competitive comeback.

nufc.com

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

(another one who wouldn’t be here if Fish had his way).

Spot on, Fish wanted that serbian fella whose name I cant pronounce that went to the saudi league 

3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Now that the cup games been moved I’m assuming he’s ok to start.

Aye. The suspension was a period of time rather than number of matches and ends the day before the Forest match. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Spot on, Fish wanted that serbian fella whose name I cant pronounce that went to the saudi league 

Slinky Malinki 👍🏻

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Aye he's free to play.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Is it just English you can't understand, or is it any language?

• Haha 5

So according to that, his girlfriend has returned to live in Italy and allowed him to focus on football. Not exactly ideal, is it? 

11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

So according to that, his girlfriend has returned to live in Italy and allowed him to focus on football. Not exactly ideal, is it? 

Shes 21, she might be embarking on her own career or university?… 

23 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Shes 21, she might be embarking on her own career or university?… 

Yeah, he's also only a young lad, with a lot of potential Geordie lasses just waiting in line to jump in her place. Trips might be able to guide him on this topic....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Toonpack said:

I look forward to him sorting out refs for us. Pre-match handshake, squeeze, and a whispered “capisce”.

Italian Hand GIF

• Haha 5