Sandro Tonali

wykikitoon

41 minutes ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Fagioli:

"Tonali? I saw him with his mobile phone and he was betting, I couldn't see whether it was on football or other sports, and I asked him what he was doing and he replied that I could do it too because the movements were not traceable. That's when I started betting too because others were doing it and I didn't have to worry about whether the sites were regular or not. And there were rumors in the community that he too had huge debts around."

Ooh what you doing Sandro, I'm gambling online, you should do it too, "there's rumours you have huge debts but yeah I'd love to"

The brains of a slug, the fucking gay pasta dish.

And if there were rumours, Milan fucking knew. I would think the clubs lawyers will be interested to find out when this investigation started.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Ooh what you doing Sandro, I'm gambling online, you should do it too, "there's rumours you have huge debts but yeah I'd love to"

The brains of a slug, the fucking gay pasta dish.

And if there were rumours, Milan fucking knew. I would think the clubs lawyers will be interested to find out when this investigation started.

And if the club’s lawyers find out Milan, Tonsilitus and his agent knew about this investigation before the transfer what can NUFC logically do?

Just now, PaddockLad said:

And if the club’s lawyers find out Milan, Tonsilitus and his agent knew about this investigation before the transfer what can NUFC logically do?

I have no idea, but it's akin to knowingly selling faulty goods, there must be some recourse I would think.

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Sue the shit out of them - I can't profess to know much about the inner workings of footy but it seems to me that this would be a breach of contract type situation - Milan would have sold a player knowing full well that he had a gambling problem, and it was going to blow up at some point. Would almost seem like they sold him because of the gambling, and didn't think to mention it.

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

Sue the shit out of them - I can't profess to know much about the inner workings of footy but it seems to me that this would be a breach of contract type situation - Milan would have sold a player knowing full well that he had a gambling problem, and it was going to blow up at some point. Would almost seem like they sold him because of the gambling, and didn't think to mention it.

Well yeah that’s precisely what they did but I’d have thought I was proceeding on this course of action I’d make sure I was legally watertight… or maybe they’re just happy to take their chances in court… 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Well yeah that’s precisely what they did but I’d have thought I was proceeding on this course of action I’d make sure I was legally watertight… or maybe they’re just happy to take their chances in court… 

I think they can try and hide behind the rumours being unsubstantiated, and claim they never had reason to investigate them so technically didn't have to disclose anything when he was sold.

Just now, Dazzler said:

I think they can try and hide behind the rumours being unsubstantiated, and claim they never had reason to investigate them so technically didn't have to disclose anything when he was sold.

Unless Tonali comes out and says that Milan were aware. I know he won’t want to turn on his boyhood club but if the alternative is him being liable then he might have a change of heart.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Unless Tonali comes out and says that Milan were aware. I know he won’t want to turn on his boyhood club but if the alternative is him being liable then he might have a change of heart.

I can't see him doing that in all honesty unless he's facing a custodial sentence, which some rumours seem to suggest he could. However, it could be that he feels like Milan shafted him - sold him when he didn't want to leave, didn't get him the help he need etc - in which case he launches them under the bus.

I'd take Tonali being banned for 12 months if we got our money back from Milan in the process. Canny little bosman transfer that :lol:

• Haha 4

It's like selling a house and not declaring Gemmill is your next door neighbour. Dubious legally but absolutely wrong morally. 

Leaving aside the fact that Tonali and Milan have screwed us over, I never understood why lengthy football bans were a suitable answer, and how this is going to help his problem (same with Ivan Toney). Also I've no idea what type of due dilligence you need to undertake when signing a multi-million footballer. Hopefully it has some clause on addiction problems because its sucha common problem amongst footballers, and it will allow us to pursue legal action. 

• Haha 11

I think it's most likely illegal, there will be something in contract law about it I would imagine. It's effectively saying "sold as seen" before you sell a brand new car that you know full well will explode 5 miles from the showroom.

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's like selling a house and not declaring Gemmill is your next door neighbour. Dubious legally but absolutely wrong morally. 

Leaving aside the fact that Tonali and Milan have screwed us over, I never understood why lengthy football bans were a suitable answer, and how this is going to help his problem (same with Ivan Toney). Also I've no idea what type of due dilligence you need to undertake when signing a multi-million footballer. Hopefully it has some clause on addiction problems because its sucha common problem amongst footballers, and it will allow us to pursue legal action. 

I guess when you earn millions a year and you are prepared to risk losing money on a bet, fines regardless of size don't really work so the only way to punish them is to stop them from playing.

And this is nowhere near as bad as being sold a house where Gemmill is your neighbour! 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

I guess when you earn millions a year and you are prepared to risk losing money on a bet, fines regardless of size don't really work so the only way to punish them is to stop them from playing.

And this is nowhere near as bad as being sold a house where Gemmill is your neighbour! 

Stopping them from playing seems counter productive to me. Giving them more free time for them to get further lost in their addictions.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I can't see him doing that in all honesty unless he's facing a custodial sentence,

It won’t necessarily require a custodial sentence to put the squeeze on him. When Mutu was banned for drugs at Chelsea for seven months Chelsea were allowed to tear up his contract and sue him for the £15m transfer fee. If it’s a choice between dropping Milan in the shit or coughing up €70m personally I know which I’d prefer to do.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Stopping them from playing seems counter productive to me. Giving them more free time for them to get further lost in their addictions.

Fining in them when they've blown all their cash seems counter productive as well. What's the answer?

Just now, Toonpack said:

Can't see how there'd be any custodial sentence, he's broken sporting law/regs, but don't see anything criminal in it.

Gambling laws are quite strict in Italy apparently. Still, I only think he’d get jail time if he tried influence the outcome of bets such as cards, goals, loses etc. From what I read his Milan related bets were only for them to win.

Club statement - Sandro Tonali

Newcastle United can confirm that Sandro Tonali is subject to investigation by the Italian Prosecutor's Office and Italian Football Federation (FIGC) in relation to illegal betting activity.

Sandro is fully engaging with the investigation and will continue to cooperate with all relevant authorities.

He and his family will continue to receive the club's full support.

Due to this ongoing process, Sandro and Newcastle United are unable to offer further comment at this time.

I'm the perfect neighbour. I'm polite, I say hello if I see you, but other than that I stay the fuck out of your business, and I don't make any noise.

Literally designed in a lab from the parts of other REALLY SEXY perfect neighbours.

• Haha 2