Anthony Gordon Handsome Winger Man

Ayatollah Hermione

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

youre turning down 300k per week tax free ?? shush 

Not if that was the only offer on the table. Which seems weird for the world's best. 

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Not if that was the only offer on the table. Which seems weird for the world's best. 

Milan or 300k per week tax free, milan would have to offer 600k per week to match it.

Stop being silly gemmy

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

Such a strawman argument, man :lol:.

Would you rather earn £300k per week but have to live in Saudi to get it tax free, or earn £150k per week and live in FUCKING MILAN?

Milan could have offered him £10k per week more than he earned with us and he'd have chosen them over career suicide in the middle east. That is assuming of course that there were top teams in Europe (like Milan) in for him, which there were not.

Also those stats per 90 are based on a grand total of 12.4 90s and he played his half-annual blinder against Man City within those "12" to ensure it was sufficiently padded - show the stats for the seasons he wasn't constantly breaking down - the best in the world should have great stats (other than goals and assists) even in a shitty Bruce side, surely?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dazzler said:

the best in the world should have great stats (other than goals and assists)

Do Opta keep tabs on number of times dispossessed by opponents after multiple pointless stopovers? 
IMG_3441.jpeg.cf3b70eff9fdf72aeafc1eb24f651ee8.jpeg

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Do Opta keep tabs on number of times dispossessed by opponents after multiple pointless stopovers? 
IMG_3441.jpeg.cf3b70eff9fdf72aeafc1eb24f651ee8.jpeg

Top 1 percentile in “for fuck sake man” moments per 90 after crossing when he should have cut inside and cutting inside when he should have crossed - both leading to a turnover in possession.

ASM was one of the few saleable assets so it made sense to get rid at the time. Same goes for Chris Wood.

However I’d take both in the squad at this stage tbh. Both players are flawed but Wood is more likely to be fit than Wilson and looks in great form and ASM is the sort option it would be good to have on the bench. Eddie sometimes struggles with a plan B and we the squad lacks an unpredictable maverick type winger. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Bunch of children making up lies because they will never be as good as the GOAT

Monique, you really need to let this shite go. Gordon, on his day, which last season was more often than not, can be the best player on the pitch.

ASM, on his day, which was very seldom, could also be the best player on the pitch but you know what? It was not even close to being often enough.

Personally I don't think Maxi likes playing football very much, he has other stuff that he really wants to do but he's a decent footballer and it pays a great wage and it will pay him more than enough that when he retires he will be able to spend the rest of his life designing and manufacturing his versions of Dungeons and Dragons, which is his true passion.

ASM could have dug in like a tick if he really didn't want to go but as you've pointed out $300k a week, tax free, is a lot of money for someone whose passion lies elsewhere.

Gordon is important to the team you support, so maybe, just maybe, remember that and be supportive, opposed to being combative about this rivalry you've made. I doubt Gordon or ASM feel this way about each other.

And before you start in on Gordon's form this season, I'm of the thought that what happened over the summer, so being picked for England and then being made watch from the bench while plodders play plus the red scouse rumours have affected him badly. I also wouldn't be surprised if someone, Southgate, his staff or another player, has told him that playing for Newcastle will get him no where, which would also not help.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

ASM was one of the few saleable assets so it made sense to get rid at the time. Same goes for Chris Wood.

However I’d take both in the squad at this stage tbh. Both players are flawed but Wood is more likely to be fit than Wilson and looks in great form and ASM is the sort option it would be good to have on the bench. Eddie sometimes struggles with a plan B and we the squad lacks an unpredictable maverick type winger. 

At the minute our plan b would be to put the ball in the net - Chris Wood would probably be the better option at present given his recent form.

The problem with an unpredictable player is for all they can turn a game on it's head they can also cost you massively. Maxi was always as likely to turn a draw into a loss with a stupid decision as he was to turn a loss into a draw or win with some magic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

Monique, you really need to let this shite go. Gordon, on his day, which last season was more often than not, can be the best player on the pitch.

ASM, on his day, which was very seldom, could also be the best player on the pitch but you know what? It was not even close to being often enough.

Personally I don't think Maxi likes playing football very much, he has other stuff that he really wants to do but he's a decent footballer and it pays a great wage and it will pay him more than enough that when he retires he will be able to spend the rest of his life designing and manufacturing his versions of Dungeons and Dragons, which is his true passion.

ASM could have dug in like a tick if he really didn't want to go but as you've pointed out $300k a week, tax free, is a lot of money for someone whose passion lies elsewhere.

Gordon is important to the team you support, so maybe, just maybe, remember that and be supportive, opposed to being combative about this rivalry you've made. I doubt Gordon or ASM feel this way about each other.

And before you start in on Gordon's form this season, I'm of the thought that what happened over the summer, so being picked for England and then being made watch from the bench while plodders play plus the red scouse rumours have affected him badly. I also wouldn't be surprised if someone, Southgate, his staff or another player, has told him that playing for Newcastle will get him no where, which would also not help.

Clap Applause GIF

45 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

At the minute our plan b would be to put the ball in the net - Chris Wood would probably be the better option at present given his recent form.

The problem with an unpredictable player is for all they can turn a game on it's head they can also cost you massively. Maxi was always as likely to turn a draw into a loss with a stupid decision as he was to turn a loss into a draw or win with some magic.

yeah, I agree. And he’s clearly the past not the future but the better sides usually have that sort of player that n the bench. An unpredictable wild card type who can potentially win you a match. 

Eddie is a class coach but if I’m going to be critical, his in-game management is often too predictable. Like-for-like subs, the same system etc.

ASM isn’t an Eddie Howe player - that’s obvious. He doesn’t work enough to start games for him. But I’d quite like a maverick option on the bench and to see Eddie roll the side a bit more on occasion. Perhaps he would be more inclined to do so if he had a better version of maxi to call upon. Rather than the likes of Miggy and Murphy