Anthony Gordon Handsome Winger Man

Ayatollah Hermione

18 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

he loves us again and he was tremendous yesterday.

without doubt the most handsome, bindipping, talented chook ever to lace up a pair of football boots.

he comes across as very likeable and surprisingly intelligent for a footballer. He has probably have to work harder at that stuff for obvious reasons 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

@Dr Gloomand @wykikitoonyou thick fucking no-reading-comprehension cunts! @Kid DynamiteI'm simply copying you in for information. 

This is what I wrote. I'm arguing AGAINST Shearer who says it wasn't a penalty. In other words, I'm saying it was definitely a penalty. Given and Shearer are who I'm calling dinosaurs. They don't want an incident like that to be a penalty, but the game has moved on, and if they want to be pundits in 2024, they need to stop claiming an incident like that isn't a penalty. It's been a penalty for at least a decade.

Just reply to this and apologise. No need to start a new thread and I won't respond to your PMs. 

As @ewerk is slacking I believe the confusion has come because of this post being misconstrued...

21 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Dive but I couldn't give a fuck. 

To some, saying it was a dive is synonymous with saying it's not a pen. Fortunately, in 2024, you've got the 'diving is all part of the game now and I didn't mean it wasn't a pen by that comment' get out of jail free clause to fall back on  :cuppa:

2 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Someone won't appreciate the badge kissing though. :cuppa:

At least he didn’t bring his kid out on the pitch with him - the ultimate crime 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

@Dr Gloomand @wykikitoonyou thick fucking no-reading-comprehension cunts! @Kid DynamiteI'm simply copying you in for information. 

This is what I wrote. I'm arguing AGAINST Shearer who says it wasn't a penalty. In other words, I'm saying it was definitely a penalty. Given and Shearer are who I'm calling dinosaurs. They don't want an incident like that to be a penalty, but the game has moved on, and if they want to be pundits in 2024, they need to stop claiming an incident like that isn't a penalty. It's been a penalty for at least a decade.

Just reply to this and apologise. No need to start a new thread and I won't respond to your PMs. 

200.gif?cid=7ad0e14c9s5ta2lvi03ptcnmhmks

• Haha 3

Technically a pen, but soft as fuck. Don't see why Gordon didn't round the keeper and tapped in. 

Joelinton one was definitely a pen imo. 

Gordon was tremendous. I think the stick he has been given on here is ridiculous. 

On 28/01/2023 at 08:37, Christmas Tree said:

I watched a few more YouTube videos of him last night which just further cement my view that this kid is going to be sensational at NUFC.

His natural skill in tight situations is similar to Bruno’s, his dribbling and running with the ball is 2nd only to ASM and his crossing and set play looks similar to Trippiers.

Add to that his natural aggression and passion in a game and you have absolute superstar potential from a 21 year old.

And all this before Howe works his magic on him.

Clicked on the thread and for some reason took me to the first page. Imagine my surprise and despair when I saw CT was spot on about a football matter. 

Will Smith Fainting GIF

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

Technically a pen, but soft as fuck. Don't see why Gordon didn't round the keeper and tapped in. 

Joelinton one was definitely a pen imo. 

Gordon was tremendous. I think the stick he has been given on here is ridiculous

name and shame these cunts..

• Haha 2

Howe basically admitted in his press conference that he's had to have words with Gordon, and yesterday he got his response. If the manager is saying that, then fans are entitled to have had their say about him. He absolutely hasn't looked right this season until yesterday. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

How basically admitted in his press conference that he's had to have words with Gordon, and yesterday he got his response. If the manager is saying that, then fans are entitled to have had their say about him. He absolutely hasn't looked right this season until yesterday. 

Until yesterdayhe hadn't reached the level of last season. But still think the stick he was getting was ott. He's usually our best player. 

• Like 2
  • Jaysus... 1

7 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Both were blatant pens. Joelinton’s even more so. The reason we didn’t get the second one because the ref wasn’t 100% sure he got the first call right, which he did.

Shearer is just adding to the list of reasons why I don’t like him and the mackems like him for a mag.

Like 👍 the bolded bit. Shearer is wrong on this but at least he has an opinion that isn't governed by the strip the player is wearing unlike most other pundits. For that reason alone I can forgive him though there's 200 odd other reasons too.

7 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Lineker repeated his patter that he's said on his podcast loads of times: if the keeper is running out to you, knock the ball past him and you're both travelling at such speed that you know he'll likely make contact. There's no requirement for the striker to jump over the challenge, and it's a penalty. 

Fuck you Alan and fuck you Shay. 

I don't share the vitriol for Shearer and Given but the first bit is so blatantly true that it barely even needs saying anymore. It's also true outside the box where players so often do the same to win a free kick (Bruno for example does it routinely), get to the ball first and any subsequent contact from the opposing player is a foul. I don't have any issue with this rule/interpretation either. If you come for the ball and don't get it just about any impediment you subsequently offer to the player who did get the ball can be adjudged a foul. The rule is it's a free kick if you "impede a player with contact". There's contact and Gordon's access to the ball is impeded therefore it's a foul. Same with Joelinton.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Howe basically admitted in his press conference that he's had to have words with Gordon, and yesterday he got his response. If the manager is saying that, then fans are entitled to have had their say about him. He absolutely hasn't looked right this season until yesterday. 

The way I interpreted Howe’s comments was Gordon as much as anyone knew he wasn’t firing as he would like, not sure it was an attitude thing.

On 28/09/2024 at 08:06, Holden McGroin said:

As a player I really rate him. He has lots of ability and potential to get even better, although I don’t agree he is a blue chip player at the moment.

i just take issue with players that don’t give 100%. Regardless if he is not happy with his contract or a move was blocked etc you can still try your hardest in a game.

You ask too much. These lads are human beings, with all that that entails. So sometimes they don't give 100% at work, so what? Nobody else does. Everybody else lets personal shit impact their day, even if it's just their mood.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You ask too much. These lads are human beings, with all that that entails. So sometimes they don't give 100% at work, so what? Nobody else does. Everybody else lets personal shit impact their day, even if it's just their mood.

Even you could turn it on for 90 minutes a week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Even you could turn it on for 90 minutes a week.

I've no idea where you get the confidence in me to make that assertion. 

• Haha 2