St James’ Park

Craig

46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So which famous European ground name do we steal for the new stadium? That’s how it works isn’t it?

It’ll be Sela (or inset Saudi sponsor here) St James’, I reckon 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

So which famous European ground name do we steal for the new stadium? That’s how it works isn’t it?

I don't know about us but if Everton ever get a fee for Dele Alli they're going to name it after him and also as tribute to Juventus. 

Stadio Delle Alli

The suggestion seems to be that this new stadium is going to largely use the additional capacity for corporate boxes and expensive seats for day trippers, rather than just adding an extra 30k seats to meet the demand for locals wanting season tickets.

If that's the case I'd rather just continue not get tickets at our current ground than in a new one :lol: 

23 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The suggestion seems to be that this new stadium is going to largely use the additional capacity for corporate boxes and expensive seats for day trippers, rather than just adding an extra 30k seats to meet the demand for locals wanting season tickets.

If that's the case I'd rather just continue not get tickets at our current ground than in a new one :lol: 

We need the extra money unfortunately 

• Like 3

be interesting to see how they prioritise any season tickets, assuming they did make some available.

another ballot?

a multi browser, multi device free-for-all?

points awarded for winning tickets in a supposed random ballot? (0/5 for me this season, arsenal another blank)

personally I'd reward those the most that dedicate their lives to the fastest finger first game and suffer the trauma of being ruthlessly robotised. they must know who we are.  :lol:

They need to balance the extra corporate seats, which bring in the money to make us more competitive, with 10k+ extra seats for those in the season ticket waiting list and affordable seats for youngsters who are locked out of the ground. It’s an old, and occasionally grumpy crowd at sjp. The youngsters provide the noise and cheaper season tickets for kids would ensure we keep the next generation of local fans locked in. Of course there will be day trippers, such as me, and tourist fans as the club grows its brand but it’s so important if the club are serious about a sustainable long-term solution. It’s why a new stadium seems the only solution to me 

8 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

we have a season ticket waiting list??

Do we not? I was going to apply for a couple but presumed it would be years until one becomes available so was holding off for news of the new ground 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Do we not? I was going to apply for a couple but presumed it would be years until one becomes available so was holding off for news of the new ground 

not that I'm aware of.

they offered 0 half season tickets at the end of '21 and made a very limited number available at the start of 22/23 on a first come first served basis. there's been nowt since.

while the demand is as high as it now I'm pretty sure they'd rather have less season ticket holders than more.

• Like 1

Aye. That hotel next to the Kaaba is fucking massive. Isn’t it the biggest in the world or something? It’s literally overlooking it too iirc 

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye. That hotel next to the Kaaba is fucking massive. Isn’t it the biggest in the world or something? It’s literally overlooking it too iirc 

Aye, costs a fortune to stay there too. Almost as if it's all about the kerching and not the spirituality. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1