St James’ Park

Craig

I’d also suggest slightly rotating the pitch, it’s currently about 150° from north to south. 

Putting it at 120° would create more room to build at either end, and has nothing at all to do with the direction of Mecca from Newcastle. 
:whistling:

Nothing at all :wink2:

• Haha 7

I had an ST in the East stand best part of 10 years. It was great tbh. It's actually two tiered, well two concourses anyway, and was really easy to get food/drink in it. And as good view as the corporate opposite which costs thousands. Wish now I'd stayed there. As for the clientele, aye, there was no atmosphere but then that was a problem for the whole ground under Ashley. Who was it that said we could solve the light blocking problem with LT by making the stand out of pure glass? So how about a vertical two-tieredstand made out of pure glass (incuding the toilets)?  

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Infinity pools of piss. :lol:

You’d get a RIBA award for that alone. 

Why would we want to copy what the Mackems have?

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

The guarantee of Überfewm would give an already spicy plan some extra oomph. 

Where do I sign? 

In the bewk?

• Haha 6

56 minutes ago, Renton said:

Who was it that said we could solve the light blocking problem with LT by making the stand out of pure glass? So how about a vertical two-tieredstand made out of pure glass (incuding the toilets)?  

'Jesus Christ!!! What the fuck is that?!?!"

"Ah, Don't worry, it's just CT having a shite."

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Alex said:

First game I went to I was sat in the east stand. It’s a bit of a concrete monstrosity which you would think would be replaced at sone point. But you’re going to gain very little, if anything, in terms of extra capacity unless it became a standing area or part of it did. So it’s waaay down the list in terms of priorities

If people in the east stand take to their feet where are they going to put their blankets and flasks!??

• Haha 5

• 4 months later...

Newcastle United could extend St James’ Park to 62,000

Club are looking at the possibility of increasing the capacity of the East Stand as they bid to maintain their rapid growth on and off the pitch

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetimes.co.uk%2Farticle%2Fnewcastle-united-could-extend-st-james-park-to-62-000-wfvf6fprc

fuck knows now they’re going to extend the east stand. I presumed the gallowgate would be the one to be built up 

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Fan zone planning application is in

No mention yet of stadium expansion 

Nice to see them incorporating Deano’s shrubberies formations next to the lasses pissers. 

• Haha 3

Looks like they're just rebuilding the stack that was at the bottom of Northumberland street. If they can figure out some sort of licensing arrangement to show all of our matches on the big screen then that would be canny

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Just extend the Gallowgate please. 
As for ‘Fan Zones’ - fuck off.

As for a one next to a ground within walking distance of dozens upon dozens of places to eat and drink - double fuck off

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Looks like they're just rebuilding the stack that was at the bottom of Northumberland street. If they can figure out some sort of licensing arrangement to show all of our matches on the big screen then that would be canny

How would they be able to do that unless it’s already being shown live in this country anyway? No way Sky / BT / Amazon and the PL are going to agree to exceptions to their exclusive agreements 

• Like 1