Other Games 22/23

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I have absolutely no idea what the rules of football are meant to be from game to game :lol: 

Same :lol: 

I could probably tell you who seems to benefit more regularly from the VAR mental gymnastics like :spaz:

• Like 1

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

I tell something for nothing, they've DEFINITELY moved the microphones away from the away section, not the first time I've noticed it this season for their home games. How small time is that? :lol:

Classless cunts. 

• Like 1

Arsenal have been top since game 3, I think. They'll not be able to cope with this. They've got Man City away to cope with and then they've got to bring their sorry arses back up to SJP for another shithousing clinic. 

It's OVER. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

That penalty/offside, he was offside, but never touched the ball, and fouled for a pen. But because he was offside, he wasn't fouled, player wasn't carded and it was a free kick to Arsenal.

Ergo - foul an offside player with impunity and get a free kick in your favour, sounds legit 🤷🏼‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

That penalty/offside, he was offside, but never touched the ball, and fouled for a pen. But because he was offside, he wasn't fouled, player wasn't carded and it was a free kick to Arsenal.

Ergo - foul an offside player with impunity and get a free kick in your favour, sounds legit 🤷🏼‍♂️

The offside was the first offence so that’s why Arsenal got the FK.

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The offside was the first offence so that’s why Arsenal got the FK.

So foul an offside player (offside being the first offence) free kick to you ?

So someone from City should have levelled Rashford when he ran 20 yards next to the ball, miles offside, before Fernandes scored.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

It wouldn’t have gone to VAR if it wasn’t a possible pen? In any case the Arsenal player should’ve probably been booked for his reaction to the initial decision. 

Aye, I know but it sets a precedent, a player who is offside (who has not touched the ball) can be fouled and it's free kick to you.

Player through, you know he's offside, just bring him down. (See Rashford v City, that was a travesty)

That said offside is a farce these days where you can be offside by a fingernail, bring back the daylight rule IMO. Games about attacking intent, should be weighted towards the attacker.

I also hate that a player comes back from an offside position, but receives the ball in an onside position is given as off, totally unnecessary break in play. Should be about where you receive the ball.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

So someone from City should have levelled Rashford when he ran 20 yards next to the ball, miles offside, before Fernandes scored.

Nice idea, but you forgot the red top rule allowing for a subjective decision should it benefit a team playing in red

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Arsenal have been top since game 3, I think. They'll not be able to cope with this. They've got Man City away to cope with and then they've got to bring their sorry arses back up to SJP for another shithousing clinic. 

It's OVER. 

This is the GEET BIG AS OWT 7 before last nights game

image.thumb.png.ca77a2f60cfc9939de2cc84350986707.png